PDA

View Full Version : Praying for Sikhs in Wisconsin

BellasQuilts
August 5th, 2012, 07:54 PM
7 people were shot in their house of worship today in Wisconsin. Sending prayers to them for healing. Another senseless crime.

alliek
August 5th, 2012, 07:57 PM
We surely need to pray, for the victims and their families. Again and again!! Let us pray for this country and the sad minds that resort to this insane method of "solving" their problems. God please help all of us.:icon_neutral:

Sandy Navas
August 5th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I've been sitting here thinking what a sad state of affairs the world is in whenever innocent people are blown away . . . all in the name of HATRED. Mind-boggling that some 'animals' think that is the way to solve things - you can't call them people.

Prayers being sent.

Bneighbor
August 5th, 2012, 08:47 PM
This time in history is so violent. What has happened to our world. We cannot attend religious gatherings, attend a movie or go to the mall without the threat or worry of being assaulted or possibly killed.
I worry about the reasons. Are we looking at a bitter future?
My thoughts are with all the victims.

HandsOffItsMine
August 5th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Prayers for the families for sure. A senseless copycat I feel, luckily the injured officer was able to kill the gunman and spare society a Million or more in court fees, plus who know how much in annual jail cost as he pleads an insanity plea.

BellasQuilts
August 5th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Keep your head while those around you are losing theirs and blaming it on you - Anonymous

auntiemern
August 5th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Been busy today, so this is the first I have heard of this. How totally senseless. This country was founded primarily on freedom of religion. The hatred that some people in this country have for others truly boggles my mind. We are a world in crisis. I pray every day that all the senseless crime and hatred will end. Prayers for this community, and those affected by this barbaric act of self righteousness.

stitching woman
August 5th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Such a senseless crime prayers for the families of the victims. It is such a shame that even a place of worship is not safe.

sewbizzy
August 5th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Prayers are being sent their way...I am at a loss for words...so sad to hear this kind of news almost every week...

Bubby
August 5th, 2012, 10:05 PM
This latest senseless slaughter really sickens me. I'm praying for the families who lost their loved ones.

EsGrandma
August 5th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Absolutely sick over this senseless evil- praying for the victims, their families and all people -

lilmouse
August 5th, 2012, 11:59 PM
The church is in the community right next to mine...way too close to home plus I know some of the people who attend there ....but they weren't there today....the Sikhs teach tolerance and will allow anyone to attend their service and feed them afterwards....this just sickens me!

CrazyMtnLady
August 6th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Marilyn said it right... We are a world in Crisis! and I am afraid it is only going to get worse. I pray everyday for things to get better but with out the moral fiber this country once had I feel we are just going down hill at a very high rate of speed.

Meli
August 7th, 2012, 02:10 AM
I received this email from my friend in Atlanta. Good for them!

They interviewed the local Sikh temple here in Atlanta and asked them
if they were going to tighten their security measures. They said no.
They invited people to join them for prayer and to learn more about
their faith. I thought that was beautiful.

Blondie
August 7th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Praying for all of these families. So very very sad.

sewmuchjan
August 8th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I quote "RISE ABOVE HATE" unquote.. even if that comes from a wrestler on the tv, (my DS and Hubby watch WWE or what ever it is) I think it is an appropriate statement in these awful and uncertain times here.

Hugs and Prayers for all the victims, and their families, may God hold them tight, and I pray that He will make our world safer for all people and soon.

Love,
Jan G.