PDA

View Full Version : Happy Sunday

searchfamilies
August 5th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Good Morning All
I hope that you all are well this Sunday, if your watching the Olympics hope that your country is doing well I know that Team GB is doing well watched the Athletics last night which we did well in

What will you all be up to today? me I am hoping to trim up some of the excess off the quilt i am working on i think it what you call basted as i have the 3 layers all together I used a spray to do it instead of pins this is something i have not used on a quilt before normally i use pins but as i will be doing some FMQ i don't want pins in the way that said i do have pins around the edges to make sure it don't move but also i didn't want to go too much over the edge that said when my friend was helping me on Friday we did it & had to take it all off & re-do it as needed to put the top on the other way on the backing & wadding lol

I realised that I don't need quite as wide as i done this one but hey it look nice (i hope) when done well you all have a great Sunday take care
Hugs Janice :icon_hi:

Koda
August 5th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Morning Everyone,

It's just after 5am here and the house is dark and quiet. I enjoy these early morning moments when I can read over posts I missed, watch the candles flicker, listen to the rain and drink my tea. Once I get my butt in gear (will require atleast another tea) I am going to work on my Backdoor Bear raw edge applique and ponder a new wall quilt design.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Namaste,
Koda

Divine Daisy
August 5th, 2012, 06:43 AM
good morning Janice

Sunny and pleasant morning here on the moors.

The brits beat you to it today Blondie lol. Going to try to motivate myself to work on the Bronte Country Quilt today....... That foxglove is praying on my mind.

searchfamilies
August 5th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Good Morning Koda
It nearly 10.45am here i am about to go & set table up to trim the quilt, your Backdoor Bear sounds nice i love the planning/designing a project/quilt i just ordered some more of the temporary spray got a good deal by buying 3 cans i had some money for my birthday so this has paid for it

I am in two minds (well if i had a mind lol) to attempt my next big quilt from either a book/pattern that i have (have plenty of books) or do i create one in EQ7 & if so what blocks to use i have seem to have used similar blocks on a few quilts so not sure what to do i like the EQ as i can see fabrics & make adjustments but i really should do one using a pattern i have quite a few Thimbleberry books as i do love them i have plenty of time as it won't be for quite some time before i do it lol

Well you have a good day
Hugs Janice

searchfamilies
August 5th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Good Morning Divine Daisy
Well it still morning but not for too much longer we having a heavy downpour here, i just trimmed the excess off the quilt so it a bit more manageable plus don't have to worry that the excess will double back under

I also now vacuumed through our bungalow sometimes we say we have someone here when things get moved or something i always said i don't mind having spirits but why can't they do the housework or something useful lo

I am about to check your blog out take care
Hugs Janice

Debbie MM
August 5th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Good morning you two and anyone else that has commented while I have tried to type this message, I will be teaching a beginning sewing class after church then coming home and cleaning my sewing room so that I can start my next project.:icon_wave:

Blondie
August 5th, 2012, 08:56 AM

Good Morning, good afternoon, good evening!

I have no sense of timing around the world or even in the states except that we are all on different zones.

I slept in late this morning as I was up late last night canning tomatoes. More this morning after church. I've been sticking the ones we don't eat into the freezer - so between sis and I we have like a gazillion for sauces, soups and etc.
Of course after I finished work yesterday morning, hubby, BIL and sis joined me at mom's. We worked until about noon and called it quits until the early evening. It was good to have the guys help us out. Mom is delighted to have all her chicks around. Yesterday was brother's birthday so after we do some more canning it will be a dinner for him. He just turned 63.

The Olympics. Oh yes! I think it was LIssau who mentioned ages in the various sports. Wow and holey moley! I wasn't aware of those folks - I think that it must be how the events are being presented. NBC, that peacock network is showing the olympics. I have only seen snippets of equestrian events. When I am able to watch, all I have been able to see is gymnastics, swimming, volleyball and recently track. Obviously don't watch all day and by midnight here it is all repeat of what was shown earlier in the evening. I found that out while canning last night. Thought I would get to see different venues. wah, wah wah.

Have a wonderful day everyone

quiltingtrish
August 5th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Good morning everyone~~
It's a hazy day out there and I am hoping for rain so I don't have to spend time in the mesquito garden at Dad's today, but that is being selfish because it needs tended to. I will spray myself with Listerine before I head out. He read somewhere that it repels the bugs and as it doesn't get every single one to stay away, it does help.

I fussed around too much last night pulling one project out after another and making my mind think too much on what pattern I want to use for my teal fabrics. I love Cathedral Windows and have always wanted to do a large quilt and it looks like I am leaning towards making the teals the background and the creams as the window parts. That way, the teals will be the flowery petal looking areas. What do you think? And, the petals will all be different. Now, the problem for me is to figure it all out. I suppose I will have to do a sample block or so in different colors. Sounds like a challenge for me.

Best get a move on here. Church is in half an hour and I am still not ready.

Hugs and hope the day is a good one for all,

Monique
August 5th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Good morning lovely people.

It was so bloody hot yesterday I thought I was going to melt. I did go to the family BBQ in the afternoon. Someone had put a tarp in the lining of the box of the truck and filled it with water. Redneck swimming pool. The younger ones sure enjoyed it. They wanted me in there but I would have needed a ladder just to get into the truck. My cousin's girlfriend is visiting from Thailand and she brought a suitcase of clothes, belts and some wallets with her. I did not know this at the time and watched as they were going through this suitcase and wondering what in tarnation they were doing. I did pick a wallet as the clothes were so tiny, they would have fit the grandchildren LOL!! She is a lovely girl and even she found the heat unbearable. Had a wonderful time.

Last night we were at another BBQ at friends. Our friends were up a their cottage. A lovely meal and wonderful times.

It is still so bloody hot here. We did get a little rain in the night. Hopefully we get a whole lot more.

I hope to quilt on the baby quilt today, as I work all next week.

Have a wonderful Sunday all.

buckeyequilter
August 5th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Good morning all...

Today is a rainy day, it's rained all night and so far we've had 1 1/2", hopefully it will keep raining for a little while. It's good quilting weather for me. I'm working on Mom's quilt and it is beginning to look like a quilt top now.

I need to do some housework and laundry this afternoon.

Well off to work on the quilt some more. Have a wonderful day...prayers and hugs to all.

Sandy Navas
August 5th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Hey, Blondie's brother and Al have the same birthday . . . although Al is a few years older. Have to share that the girls all tease him about being a monkey so Rita (5YO) made him a card with a picture of a monkey that she drew. It was absolutely adorable. Love the imagination of kids. I had Michelle (10), Rita and Zoe over here all afternoon yesterday. They all came in saying they had not had lunch but it always comes out that they have but are still trying to stuff food into those little tummies. They like coming to see Nana and Papa because Momma doesn't let them have sugary treats and has them all on a grain-free diet so they think they can find stuff here and ask for food about every 3 minutes. Believe me, they are NOT starving. They knew I used to keep a snack container with lollipops and wanted some but I told them that Papa had eaten them all. Zoe's eyes lit up and started dancing as she told me "He probably got a tummy-ache."

Michelle made a couple pillows for her sister's American Girl dolls, and finished a pincushion she has been working on. Rita wanted a new quilt for her dolly since Zoe got one last week. Then Zoe had to have a head-band made from a fabric she picked out herself. I was kept busy the whole afternoon. Finally took them home to share ice cream and cupcakes for Papa's birthday celebration. Wish I had pictures of Agnes eating ice cream. Gotta love each and every one of them - they are all so special.

Off to make stuff for Emily and Michelle's new AG doll's pets (Pepper and Coconut). Let me tell you - it is all fun and games around here.

Please send rain - the piddly stuff we've been receiving here is only messing up my windows. Prayers and big hugs to all my on-line friends. And, as Blondie says, KEEP SMILING (unless you are a motorcycle rider - then you would just wind up with a bunch of gnats on your teeth).

cyndiofthevortex
August 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Looks like we might get some storms later today. Please oh please Lord send us some rain! We need it badly.

No church for me this morning, which makes me sad. Bad migraine in the night with a touch of it lingering. I thought of you Ruby if you're out there listening. I sure hate these things. Bad heartburn on top of it! Oh the aches and pains of Cyndi.

Yesterday we watched the grands as Bethany and her DH went to a continuing ed class for fostering. For some reason Jonas and I took them shopping. They were great at Goodwill, where there are toys and books, but they didn't like fabric shopping at Marden's too much. Go figure. I bought what I needed quickly and got out of there! Then a nice dinner at KFC and a trip to a playground. We were happy to see their parents' car in the drive when we pulled up! We love them but we sure both needed naps!

If it's not too hot today to iron I'm going to border two sunflower quilts I've been working on. They are a bit busy but prettier up close than far away. My adopted daughter's birth sister loves sunflowers best of all so one of them is hers. The second one I just might try to sell up at Keepsake. Money for winter oil and all. So, quilting, playing scrabble with DH and a quick swim at the beach are the plans for the day. And storms! If I put rain on my list of things to do will that make it happen?

BellasQuilts
August 5th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Good morning all on both sides of the pond! Today i am babysitting my DGS while mommy naps and pinning green petals onto a costume. Should be a wonderful day. Praying for rain for them as need it. This drought is worldwide and doesn't bode well for food prices in the future. Well, on to my day! Hugs to all. Megan

lilmouse
August 5th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Morning all;
Not much going on here....just checking in with everyone...am planning a quick trip to my daughters tomorrow night after work; with 3 kids five and under she won't make it down for my surgery and is upset about it...told her I understood and didn't expect her to come.....so will do a quick visit to rest her mind a little and to play with the babies....they sure grow like weeds but you gotta love them; other than that am still working on cutting my scraps into charms and layer cakes and jelly roll strips...working today so won't get much done! Prayers and hugs to all...have a wonderful Sunday

sewbizzy
August 5th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Good Morning Alll!
It has been raining here all morning and supposed to rain most of the day...I wish I could send some of it to all of you that need it...
We attended a neighborhood pig roast yesterday...lots of other good food, too....I loved it that I didn't have to cook...yea!!! It was so hot though!!!!
I worked on a cross stitch bib last night while dh and I were switching the tv between the Pirates/Reds game and the Olympics...
Today I am going to work on finishing a horse lap quilt for one of my gds...I did the pillow to match a few days ago...I will post pictures of them when I complete the quilt...
Shirley, like you, I have some laundry to do today...
Sending prayers to all that need them...Blessings
HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY!

auntiemern
August 5th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Morning all :) yes it is still technically morning. Yesterday I did manage to finish the binding on GGS's quilt. Then spent the rest of the day at DD's watching the kids. My oh my they sure do wear me down. I think I will have them over night tonight. Getting ready to take them school supply shopping. One going into 4th, one starting K, and Bubby starting pre school. May try to get something productive done later today. Also wanted to say thanks to everyone for the prayers, they sure have helped. Well off to take them shopping. Wishing everyone a blessed day. Hugs fro all, and prayers to those in need. Oh yeah, it rained it's butt off here last night, woo hoo.

toggpine
August 5th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Good Morning!
It's going to be another hot one here today. I don't like it, but I am not going to complain too loudly. We have had it pretty easy in the Pacific Northwest this summer.
I had a good time at the fair yesterday. The kids and their goats looked pretty good. Eric & Emily dropped me off at the fairgrounds and then headed up to Crystal Mountain ski resort. In the off season you can catch the gondola up to the top of the mountain and hike around. They spent several hours up there and had lunch. They made it back to the fair in time to watch me place the last few classes in the pack goat competition.
On the way home we stopped at our favorite thai restaurant. We found it when we lived at our first house, and since we now live abut an hour and a half away, we usually stop if we go by. They have the most wonderful Vietnamese fresh/spring rolls. It's like a refreshing salad in a rice wrap. We tried the spicy prawn dish and the orange chicken. Yumm! Em wasn't sure about the orange chicken. It didn't come with the chicken coated in breading and deep fried. Once she tasted it though she was hooked! She did a good job of tasting different things. We did let her off the hook with the spicy stuff though. We ordered enough for dinner tonight too since it's supposed to be in the 90's and we are not going to want to cook!
I'll be digging out the fan for the sewing room and completing some paperwork and then getting on with some more blocks.

I hope you all have a great day!

HandsOffItsMine
August 5th, 2012, 02:12 PM
No church for me this morning, which makes me sad. Bad migraine in the night with a touch of it lingering. I thought of you Ruby if you're out there listening. I sure hate these things. Bad heartburn on top of it! Oh the aches and pains of Cyndi.

(((Cyndi))) Hope by now you got rid of the rest of that migraine. Those that creep in during the middle of the night can really be nasty!

Wish we could play scrabble on the Makaha beach together. :) What fun we would have. Enjoy the day.

Huggers, Ruby

HandsOffItsMine
August 5th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Aloha from the Island,

Don left 30 minutes ago for his walk and the feed the wild life along the way. Mamas had her puppies just after I left and only two have survived while we were gone or that folks haven't taken (let's hope). Mocha and Blackie are really cute, but it's only been 2.5 weeks, they aren't eating out of his hand yet. Pumpkins kittens are getten bigger and remembered Don, they just rub against him right away and let him pet them and feed them. The Myna, Cardinals, Babus, Morning Doves in certain areas see him coming and dive down in his path to wait for him to throw down the bird seed. It's a crack up to watch. Same with the chickens that are dominate on a corner at the end of the 2 mile before turning around.

The peacocks have their chicks to protect right now, the chicks are soooo cute with their little crowns on their heads. They love bread, I swear they can eat a loaf at a time! Bread isn't cheap here, that doesn't happen unless the store has a clearance or the manager sees us and pulls old stuff from the back. Word has gotten out that Don is a "Local" that takes care of the "land and animal". Normally one must pay their dues for at least 10 years on the Island to be considered a Local. It's a great honor for us to be called that the first time after only living here about 3 months.

Yesterday we went to our local Farmers Market in Waianae then drove to North Shore since it was early (8:30) and there was no traffic. Rare thing on Oahu, lol. Saw a sign for their FM, bought Thai chilies, Thai Limes, and other Asian Veggies. There was a Mexican food stand and had Chicken Taquitos. Yummy! Now you might say, what's the big deal?!? Let me tell you, finding good MF on this Island is tough. Even if it's run by a native, I don't think that person's been to Mexico for decades! They don't know what cumine is, celantro, jalopenos! Taco Bell is more authentic. LOL Then we had Shaved Ice with Real Mango & Watermelon Syrup!!

Drove back home, which takes again by the Dole Pineapple Plantation, where we got rained upon. Always happens. Beautiful mid-valley area in the mountains.

Today...back to paperwork :( No fooling around lol

Prayers for those in needs, Aloha and huggers for all, Ruby

bakermom
August 5th, 2012, 03:13 PM
It started storming shortly after we got home from the fair last night. It's been raining off and on ever since. We really need the rain so no complaints here. It's a quiet day, cool enough for me to go upstairs and sew but i really don't want to.
It was a fun night as several of the kids met us there. Nice thing about county fairs, you always find people you know and haven't seen since the last fair.
We go back this evening to collect my entries, did good, one 1st.(BOS), one 4th. My purse, that i thought I did a really good job on, got nothing. Oh well.

sewmuchjan
August 5th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Good Afternoon all...It is sooo quite here on the Ranch..DD and SIL came in yesterday around 6:25 pm...and now all are on their way home!!!! I say YEAH...but I also say BOOHOOOO. We had the DGD's for 4 weeks and it has been busy with them here...I am pooped....just finishing up the laundry, and picking up some stuff and putting away..need to clean!!! UHG!!!! That will be tomarrow...or at least started!!!!!

Hugs and prayers for all of you, and now things here will be back to normal...what ever normal is!!!! :)
Love,
Jan G.

janluna
August 5th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Congratulations bakermom on your BOS!!!!!
Ruby, you had me at feed the birds. I love birds, all kinds. I used to have a Myna Bird. His name was Pete and he could talk away, answer questions, ask for specific foods that he wanted. I miss him. It must be great to see all the peacocks in their glory. I have mourning doves, grackles, hummingbirds, chick a dees, pheasant, wild turkeys, and bob whites. I have one mama pheasant that comes up on our back deck. She is so big and it really looks cute when you see a flock of chick a dee, looking for seed to eat. The equivalent to Big Bird with baby Elmo. Anyway, she lets me pet her and cackles to me. Papa pheasant is just gorgeous. He won't come up on the deck. He stays on the ground and complains up to Mama. I love listening to my mourning doves. I have lots of Robins, and lately the blue bird. That's our state bird, but they were few and far between. All of a sudden they are coming back. And the lovely sea gull. They can be mean and nasty, but some are cute, when they are young and haven't had to fight for every mouthful. I feel sorry for the geese and ducks, the sea gulls steal their food, or gang up on the ducks and try to hurt them. Birds are amazing creatures! Joe won't let me get chickens though. I would love to have chickens. They are smarter than people give them credit. I always helped my Grandmother take care of her chickens. We do have foxes and coyote and they would probably kill the chickens. They always manage to get in the hen house. My sister and BIL finally gave up on keeping their chickens, the foxes and coyotes kept killing them no matter what they did to protect them. They had beautiful swans and ducks in their pond and they got eaten too. Oh well, enough about my birdys. Sorry to go on and on and on.....and on... LOL I'll quit now.
Love, Hugs, and Prayers for everyone, Jan L.