PDA

View Full Version : IT'S RAINING

Genny
August 4th, 2012, 01:44 PM
I'm so excited...it's raining! I actually went outside and stood in it! We haven't seen rain here for almost 2 months and this is great. We have a chance of severe storms and maybe only an inch of rain but for now the rain is great. :D

quiltingtrish
August 4th, 2012, 01:54 PM
We've had some here and there, but I was just down to the feed mill and one fella there said that he had to bend way over to pick his sweet corn. Another was asked about his hay and he said it was a mess. So, the drought has hit most of the country - we need to pray for some rain!!

Hugs,

buckeyequilter
August 4th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Have fun and enjoy the rain and I just hope it doesn't turn out like our 30% chance of rain did at the end of June.

auntiemern
August 4th, 2012, 04:11 PM
So happy for you. We must have had small amount before I got up today. The patio was wet, but not enough to make puddles. We are in desperate need of rain. To late though to help the summer crops.

Genny
August 4th, 2012, 04:48 PM
It quit raining 20 minutes after I posted this and the skies are now clear ant it's getting hot again. Our rain gauge doesn't even have anything in it. CRAP

Bubby
August 4th, 2012, 05:31 PM
We got a little rain this morning also. Not enough to really help anything and now the dust on my car is mud! :)

janluna
August 4th, 2012, 09:44 PM
We're still waiting on Mother Nature to send some rain our way. It has rained all around us but not on us! Today was 97 but with the humidity it felt more like 100. Maybe hotter. My dog won't even go out. He sticks his nose out the door and then puts it in reverse. Thank you, Jesus, for A/C!!!!!!!!!

Granny Judy
August 4th, 2012, 11:07 PM
We had a good heavy rain this afternoon... Much needed to help our poor trees. They are dropping leaves like it is fall. Too late to help the farmers.. The little "truck" farmer and his stand is also showing signs of poor veggetable production. He lives about a mile away and I always like to stop and get some Fresh Grown Goodies.

I can't imagine what the prices will do this coming Fall.