PDA

View Full Version : Busy week

Panda
August 3rd, 2012, 01:33 PM
I haven't had much chance to be on here all week. Just a few check ins. I went to the Hershey quilt show last friday and I meet up with quiltingtrish. It was nice to meet someone from the forum. She is very nice. The quilt show was good. Afterwards I went to the quilt makers cottage also in Hershey and I ended up getting more there than what I got at the show. They were having a special sale in honor of the quilt show. The ladies there are very nice and extremely funny. I have been taking care of my grandchildren a lot so I haven't had much time to sew, but I keep buying so when I do get time I will be very busy trying to get some things made for gifts and I will probably be very frustrated because there won't be enough time in the day. I am going to try to get to joanns today for their sale.

Prayers and good thoughts for all that need them.

Kathy

quiltingtrish
August 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
Hi Kathy ~~ it was great meeting you at the Show. I mentioned on another thread that my brain must not have been working correctly when I didn't think to suggest we hang out together. I suppose I am used to meeting up with friends and then everyone just goes off on their own. Kind of crazy, huh?
I am glad you got to the Hershey Shop during their sale hours. I ended up heading home and met up with another friend that couldn't make it to the show at all.

Are you going to the show in Ft. Washington in September? I don't go to that one. I used to go when they had it at the Farm Show in Harrisburg for a few years, but have never been to it in Ft. Washington. I would think you are close to that one.

I didn't buy much in Hershey. A few fat quarters for my next door neighbor and one extra-wide backing fabric for the red/white quilt top I just finished a week or so ago.
Maybe we can meet up again at another time.

Hugs,

Panda
August 3rd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Hi Trish! It was great meeting you at the quilt show also. It was fine not hanging out together because the time we were there it was very busy and it was hard getting in and out of the booths.

I am planning on going to the quilt show in September. I went last year. The admission price is kind of high, I will check and see if their are any coupons. I doubt it, but I will check. I think Monique from this forum mentioned that she is going to Lancaster in September and also going to the quilt show.

At the quilt shop I got a quilt kit to make my grandson a cute quilt. It looks super easy. I also got yardage from the same line to make a matching pillowcase. I found flannel in a color I have been looking everywhere for and they had it on sale plus 10% off. You can't beat that for a good quality flannel.

It would be nice to meet up again sometime. I really like the quilt shop in Hershey, maybe sometime I will take a class there. I don't mind the drive.

I really like the red and white quilt you showed me at the quilt show. I looked at the picture of it you posted on here. It is gorgeous.

Kathy

Sandy Navas
August 3rd, 2012, 05:44 PM
I'm so jealous - first going to a quilt show in PA, visiting Hershey and the stores there, meeting Trish, meeting Kathy, I'm just jealous!

kelliedi
August 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
I just want to goto hershey for the chocolate .... fabric and quilts are a bonus.....:icon_bigsmile:

Monique
August 3rd, 2012, 08:23 PM
Yes Panda, I am going to Lancaster in Sept. and going to the quilt show in Philadelphia. I hope we get a chance to meet.

Bubby
August 3rd, 2012, 09:25 PM
It's great when you can meet someone you chat with every day! I'm going to drop in on Blondie some morning and I hope Jean and Marilyn will drive to Licking together some time so I can show them the sights here and take them to my favorite fabric store!