PDA

View Full Version : It's TGIF

Blondie
August 3rd, 2012, 07:07 AM

Hey Folksies~ TGIF !

Well sir, I have been online for over an hour. I was poking around, sipping my coffee and was suddenly booted off the group. I kept getting a page about some kind of error. No worries, sent it to our own personal techie.

I told y'all that to tell you that now I am out of time to post anything important and earth shaking. I know you are grieved about this. What did I want to share this morning? hmmm hmmm . . . I can't remember. Just have a totally wonderful weekend.

Blessings, hugs, prayers for the bestest group of quilters and friend I know of.

Koda
August 3rd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Morning Group,

I'm excited. You can't believe how thrilled I am to have finished the valances for my seven kitchen windows and to be starting a new project today. It is one I have been wanting to do for some time. The project is called Backdoor Bear from Toni Whitney. Has anyone done this pattern? If so, I'd like to see a photo and hear about your experience.

It's a long weekend here in Ontario Canada and in my area it means a lot of traffic while cottagers head north from the bigger cities. I will be off to the quilt shop early and get the fabric I need and then my long weekend will be spent along side my sewing machine.

For Canadians - Happy Civic Holiday.
For everyone else - have a wonderful weekend.

Namaste,
Koda

RFREE
August 3rd, 2012, 08:02 AM
Back to work for me today:( I had a wonderful summer but I tell you July just flew right through.Where did it go? I wish all of yall a wonderful weekend.Hugs and prayers to all who need them.
Rhonda

I just brewed a fresh pot of coffee and didn't pour out what was left from yesterday so now its all over my kitchen cabinet!!!I hate it when that happens. Today isn't starting out to good:(

Bubby
August 3rd, 2012, 08:14 AM
Hi Koda...Isn't it a great feeling to finish a big project! Have a fun weekend working on your new quilt...Namaste, Barb

Monique
August 3rd, 2012, 08:32 AM
Good morning everyone. Woohoo, got my quilting trip paid for. Of course, I was at a quilt store and felt obligated to buy something, so I bought a pattern for a purse. Can hardly wait for my trip!! I took my MIL with me for the drive. I did get groceries on the way home.

Last night, someone had a blowout tire in front of our house. The poor man had a huge load of lumber in his trailer. It was his second flat of the day. Hubby and I helped him as much as we could. I know it was greatly appreciated.

Today is another day. Some cleaning needs to be done. Tomorrow I will attend a BBQ that my cousins are having. Their mother is the last surviving sister of my father's. It is so nice that they include my brother and I to their functions.

This drought situation is now critical. The corn is now completely dried up. Some farmers are selling some of their herd because they can't afford to feed them. So sad.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone.

Lonna
August 3rd, 2012, 08:42 AM
Good morning all,

Took the day off of work today to go with Wayne to see his cancer Dr. He has really been trying to deside weather to keep doing the chemo or not. I told him it was up to him. He knows what his body can handle and what it can not.

Have a wonderful day my friends.

aliaslaceygreen
August 3rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
Morning.... I know I've been MIA, but it was because I was working on the studio! I finally decided enough was enough and DH and I went to Ikea for some shopping... I will post a thread with the results... Now, today, back to work...and to...chaos, based on the phone calls I've gotten while off... gotta go put out some fires..... Everyone else, ENJOY your weekend!

CrazyMtnLady
August 3rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Good Morning all. Had to stop in here for a quick visit before I have to pack the laptop up for DH's trip. :( Will catch up with you all on Monday (maybe Sunday night)

Hopefully will have my Crown Royal pillow done and pictures ready to upload on Monday. Will have to see what else I can get finished over the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Hugs and prayers to all.

lilmouse
August 3rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
I am up early...had to be at the lab for blood work and chest xray.....soon the 15th will be here....feel pretty calm about the whole thing right now.....I keep praying and my other half is very supportive...so I'll get through this...hate surgery and hospitals these days....seen way too much of them lately....I have been tackling my scrap basket....all the fabric is ironed and some is cut into charms and layer cakes....some still waiting for second cut and some still waiting for first cut but it is slowly going down...want to get this done and off my cutting table and sewing machine...(nice area to stack strips)....other than that not much going on here...weather is hot and sticky already...hate to see this afternoon......work tonight and all weekend so won't be on as much....everyone have a good weekend...prayers and hugs for those who need and want them....:icon_wave:

sewbizzy
August 3rd, 2012, 11:04 AM
Good Morning All!!! I am going to the Pittsburgh Original Sewing & Quilt Expo... I am soooo excited...have never been to one before...
I finished another fall wallhanging yeserday...might be a birthday gift for my dd in October...the rest of the day I just lounged around and watched some tv last night....haven't done that for a long time
Trish, your sewing room looks great...
have a wonderful day everyone...

HandsOffItsMine
August 3rd, 2012, 01:53 PM
My day is a continuation of yesterday...working on my Corporate Taxes! It's the first time in 12 years I ever asked for an extension and it's due on the 15th. UGH and YIKES!!! Can't finish our personal until the CT is done. :(

It was such a bad year and I'm looking for every nickle and dime for a write off! I'm sorry to hit a political note but I don't want to give "O" a penny more than I have to.

Don on the other hand...had a wonderful day yesterday. The Kapolei Lunch Bunch of Classic Car Dudes went on a Road Trip around the Island. His friend Alan, asked him to drive with him for company as it's would be a 7-8 hour event. Well, that morning they met up and Alan had to take some meds that made him dizzy. The wife drove the '69 Camero to meeting spot, asked Don if he would be able to drive the 4-speed. Don almost died and went to heaven, it has a 496 big block! It can fly!! Needless to say, he drove the Hot Rod.

Alan even told him to "Hit it" on some straight a ways. Oh great, encourage the guy! lol Anyway, the boy was all smiles when he got home at 4 yesterday. It's nice to see him happy like that again. We've had such hard years since '08 and when a day like that comes along where he's doing something he loves and all it costs is a lunch. It makes my heart sing. Sorry to get all mushy but still love that guy after almost 32 years. To think that I almost lost him two times in the last 4 years is scary.

So, the pile of papers to verify are staring at me and I swear they multiplied like rabbits overnight!

Prayers, healing light to those in need. Aloha to all. Huggers, Ruby

auntiemern
August 3rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
Yes, TGIF. DH leaves for a weekend of fishing, so I will have the house all to myself :D. Will get done what I can. Still in resting my body mode. Have a blessed day all my quilty friends. Prayers for those in need, and hugs all around.

Madeforyouinma11
August 3rd, 2012, 02:17 PM
Hello everyone! I missed coming on yesterday because I had a baby blanket to finish so I can deliver today. I will post pics so I can get feedback. I also did the next step of painting my cabinets. I have to do the next step today. I actually went to see the daily deal very late/early and decided today would be a good day to grab some things that I've wanted. Free shipping is a plus and it's never hard to spend $50 so the extra 250 quilters cash is ok too. I just wanted to check in to say "hello" and see what everyone is up to. I need to go deliver my blanket and do more painting so off I go. Good thoughts and prayers to everyone and hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Carol, I hope you have a great time! :)

SuzyQue
August 3rd, 2012, 03:54 PM
Koda----7 kitchen windows.....must be sunny and light!
Rhonda---sorry your back to school day started off so messy! Where did summer go?
Lonna--hugs for you and a hard day ahead.
lilmouse--hugs for you, too. Looks like you are making the most of your "waiting time" keeping busy and being productive.
Carol--enjoy your expo
I am off to try and cut out 14 1/2 inch squares and get some Dresdens sewn down. Excited to see if they turn out like my dreams.

rebeccas-sewing
August 3rd, 2012, 04:23 PM
Hope your day is going well. Mine is about over. I spent most of the day shopping for fabric to make quilts for Christmas. Gosh, that took way too much computer time but I think I'm set now. I just hope and pray the fabrics all go well together. Trying to work out fabric selection and keep the cost down eats up a lot of computer time.

Absolutely gorgeous weather in London today. It was right around 70F. I'm sure the Olympic athletes are so happy it's cool. I don't know how they handle hot summer months in the U.S.

A big welcome back to Trish! I've been wondering what happened to you. Sounds like you've been very productive with your sewing area.

It's time to wash up dinner dishes. Have a lovely weekend.

janluna
August 3rd, 2012, 05:09 PM
Ruby, I do not envy your job of the extension. Ugh! What a job! I'll say prayers for you to get done quickly, and accurately. I know what a job "the books" are as I do Joe's business books. We let our CPA do the rest.
I spent most of today in bed, as my back is really kicking up. It's going to storm, the rest of me is aching too. lol That's right I'm really a barometer! lol
Love to everyone, and Prayers for all who need them. Also a prayer of blessings for everyone. You are all the best quilty Sisters ever!!!
Have a great weekend! Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

HandsOffItsMine
August 3rd, 2012, 07:03 PM
(((Jan))) hugs, prayers and healing light heading your way. Storms and barametric pressures to me in too. :( Make sure you rest and take those pain meds as needed, don't wait until you're in soooo much pain that they can't help you. I know somtimes I'm too stubborn and anti heavy meds that I wait too long - then I end up in the ER having to get even stronger ones. Duh!

Don't forget to say hi to Joe for us too and the kids and Gkids. Love ya, Don and Ruby