PDA

View Full Version : Douwe has a special day today!!!!

Klasien
August 3rd, 2012, 04:38 AM
Today the sun is out and it looks like it is going to be a wonderful day.
I have to work..........:( but my mind is full of great ideas for the back of Douwe's quilt....... it has to wait till tomorrow.......

For Douwe it is a great day: He can go home!!!!!!!!
After 11 weeks all alone in a small isolated room he can go home go regain his strenght and go back to the hospital august 22nd for the preparing for the transplant!!!!!!! He has to go in more often but that is just a visit and blood, but admited he will be in the end of august.
Yesterday he was for the first time out of his room sitting in the livingroom at the hospital with his wife and girls. The youngest said: "Dad you are so tall...........you look sooooooooo tall I can't believe I forgot that"
That was funny!
He also went outside in a wheelchair and he loved it!
So it is a very special day today, I hope and pray he will be this way as he is now, things change so fast I've learned over the pas months..........

So this is today, and today is a good day!

Now I have to hurry to the salon and make women pretty.......... ;)

Have a great day my dear quilter friends!!!!!!

HandsOffItsMine
August 3rd, 2012, 05:00 AM
:) Happy to hear the joy in your voice.

Tell Douwe and family to enjoy the time at home, to eat some good food, rest without nurses poking you and waking you up every couple of hours. :)

And you Missy! Rest as well, you need to take care of yourself to get ready for the next phase of this marathon.

Prayers and huggers, Ruby and Don

Blondie
August 3rd, 2012, 06:05 AM
Ah, what an exciting day indeed! Now I know what floating on cloud 9 must feel like. I sense it in your words and in my heart.

Blessings!

Bubby
August 3rd, 2012, 06:10 AM
What a wonderful day for Douwe and the family. Going through an ordeal like this teaches us to live one day at a time and to squeeze all the joy, hope and love from each day! Please take care of yourself, Klasien. Have you begun to put Douwe's quilt together yet? Have a great day....Hugs, Barb

Winniesfriend
August 3rd, 2012, 06:45 AM
Thats great news, hope he enjoys his time at home.

quilter.martha
August 3rd, 2012, 07:43 AM
This is indeed a special day! I'm so glad Douwe gets to go home for a while. Prayers continue for his complete healing.

Monique
August 3rd, 2012, 08:16 AM
Happy happy news indeed.

madampolo
August 3rd, 2012, 09:11 AM
That is wonderful! Keep him away from sick people!

pcbatiks
August 3rd, 2012, 09:26 AM
So happy for Douwe that he is home with his family.....continued prayers for all of you!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 3rd, 2012, 09:39 AM
This is great news! Douwe, enjoy the beautiful summer and your family! Stay well!

cyndiofthevortex
August 3rd, 2012, 09:47 AM
This is a happy day! How wonderful for Douwe and his family and for all of you. The joy in your voice is wonderful to hear.

New York Sue
August 3rd, 2012, 09:52 AM
Such good news, Klasien!
Afterall, there's NO place like home...
;)

GrammaBabs
August 3rd, 2012, 10:22 AM
Hugs to Douwe and hugs of support for you and all the family.... one day at a time... enjoy each one and many many more...:)

CrazyMtnLady
August 3rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
What wonderful news. Please give Douwe my best and let him know he is in my prayers every day.

lilmouse
August 3rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
The joy you are feeling really comes through...I am so happy for all of you...will continue prayers and sending happy hugs to all of you!

sewbizzy
August 3rd, 2012, 11:05 AM
So happy for Douwe and your entire faimly!! Wonderful news!!! will continue to send prayers...

NanaB
August 3rd, 2012, 12:37 PM
How wonderful that he is headed home with his family. I pray that he will be refreshed and rested (you cannot rest in the hospital) when he returns for the next round of treatment.

auntiemern
August 3rd, 2012, 01:59 PM
What a special day indeed. So very happy for all of you.

Divine Daisy
August 3rd, 2012, 02:39 PM
I am so happy to hear this news! What a red letter day! Is Mr Daisy's turn in a week or so, hope he does as well as Douwe

BellasQuilts
August 3rd, 2012, 02:44 PM
Ditto on all the above. Rest, peace, sleep, eat. All good. So happy for u all.

SuzyQue
August 3rd, 2012, 03:32 PM
Oh, what joy to hear such great news. Thanks for sharing! I pray for continued strength and total return to good health.

rebeccas-sewing
August 3rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Such good news. One day at a time!

janluna
August 3rd, 2012, 05:18 PM
So good to hear that Douwe can have some time away from the hospital. Nothing restores you like being home with your Spouse and Children. This will also give him the advantage to stay healthy. Nothing like your kids to keep your spirits up. Prayers are still being said to keep him healthy and to make him strong for the next round. Hugs, Jan L.

sewmuchjan
August 4th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Wonderful hope everyone is having a good time and resting and enjoying each other. Prayers still coming for you all.

Hugs, Love, and Blessings for you and your dear Brother,and family,
Jan G.