PDA

View Full Version : (Sing) Leavin' on a jet plane

Jean Sewing Machine
August 1st, 2012, 08:50 PM
Tomorrow my brother and I will be leaving for Oregon. I'm going to try to help my sister get her upholstery project finished in their new home by the ocean. I'm sure it won't be all work and no play, but there will be limited access to wi-fi there, I'll miss you all terribly! I do have my phone, so I'll be checking in when we have a signal.

We'll be back Tuesday.

Have a great week!

SuziC
August 1st, 2012, 08:55 PM
Have A WONDERFUL time!!!!!!

K. McEuen
August 1st, 2012, 09:03 PM
You are trying to cram as much as possible into this summer before school starts and you are doing a pretty darn good job of it. Have fun on your trip!

NanaB
August 1st, 2012, 09:05 PM
Have fun, Jean. We will miss you!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 1st, 2012, 09:07 PM
You are trying to cram as much as possible into this summer before school starts and you are doing a pretty darn good job of it. Have fun on your trip! You are so right, Karen! I have 1-1/2 more weeks before being committed to school things, so let me cram in one more trip. For the past 5 summers, I have costumed big musicals, and couldn't leave during June or July, the first week in August was the only time I could get away, so I'm using my usual week off to travel back to Oregon.

HandsOffItsMine
August 1st, 2012, 09:35 PM
Have fun! Be safe! Don't do anything we wouldn't do! :D

EnumclawGramma
August 1st, 2012, 10:03 PM
Have a wonderful time Jean and bring us back something really neat! :icon_wave: We'll miss you!

bec
August 1st, 2012, 10:06 PM
Have a safe trip! House by the ocean sounds like a fun time.

sewbizzy
August 1st, 2012, 10:07 PM
Jean, have a safe and fun trip!

Lonna
August 1st, 2012, 10:14 PM
Have fun and hug a giant redwood tree for me. It has been years since I have laid eyes on one. My Grandparents lived in Crescent City CA. Right on the coast close to the OR. line.

Bubby
August 1st, 2012, 10:17 PM
Have a terrific trip, Jean! Of course we will miss the heck out of you!!!! Barb

madampolo
August 1st, 2012, 10:17 PM
The weather will be beautiful by the ocean. Have a safe trip!

Genny
August 1st, 2012, 10:20 PM
Have a really great time! We'll miss you too!

Sandy Navas
August 1st, 2012, 10:23 PM
You are as bad as my little Sis - she and her hubby are off again for another trip - I can't keep up with where they are going.

Have a safe and wonderful trip. Have to share that many moons ago I had Al stop at the side of the road and we picked up a chair that was being trashed. Al was SO EMBARRASSED and I thought he may drive off and leave me there. I picked up upholstery fabric in a remnant bin and paid only $5 for it. I redid the chair, offered it in the paper and sold it for $75. He's since never given me any trouble for picking things up out of the trash. At times I can be a royal bag lady . . . (except food. I don't get food from the trash, or underwear, or . . . )

Jean Sewing Machine
August 1st, 2012, 10:29 PM
You are as bad as my little Sis - she and her hubby are off again for another trip - I can't keep up with where they are going.

Have a safe and wonderful trip. Have to share that many moons ago I had Al stop at the side of the road and we picked up a chair that was being trashed. Al was SO EMBARRASSED and I thought he may drive off and leave me there. I picked up upholstery fabric in a remnant bin and paid only $5 for it. I redid the chair, offered it in the paper and sold it for $75. He's since never given me any trouble for picking things up out of the trash. At times I can be a royal bag lady . . . (except food. I don't get food from the trash, or underwear, or . . . )I will quote my mother, who quoted her mother (who died before I was born) "That's making a silk purse out of a sow's ear!"

Meli
August 1st, 2012, 10:33 PM
Have fun! Be safe! Don't do anything we wouldn't do! :D

That's certainly leaving it wide open to interpretation! lol

Have fun in Oregon, Jean. Where on the coast? I was in Bandon in June and could happily have stayed there permanently.

BellasQuilts
August 1st, 2012, 10:33 PM
Okay, who wants to take bets she took a sewing machine with her?

Jean Sewing Machine
August 1st, 2012, 10:37 PM
Okay, who wants to take bets she took a sewing machine with her? No, I took it with me when I went up there three weeks ago, and left it there! Now I need to get it back home!

lilmouse
August 1st, 2012, 10:43 PM
Jean, we will definitely miss you; but you have a safe trip and a good time and we will be waiting to hear all about it when you get back.....hugs....:icon_hi:

Jean Sewing Machine
August 1st, 2012, 10:47 PM
That's certainly leaving it wide open to interpretation! lol

Have fun in Oregon, Jean. Where on the coast? I was in Bandon in June and could happily have stayed there permanently.

My sister's new house on the coast is in Manzanita. I'm with you, I could just stay there forever. It is quite a bit north of Bandon (I just looked it up on Google Maps)

auntiemern
August 2nd, 2012, 12:47 AM
Have a safe and fun trip. Will miss you, and your daily bantor. You sure have managed to have a one heck of a busy summer. Be safe on your trip back home as well.

Donna F
August 2nd, 2012, 01:01 AM
This ole world would fall apart if Jean wasn't there to hold it together! Slow down and enjoy life even tho you are doing good deeds. Don't forget to pack your red cape just in case. We love you and will miss you.

watson's mom
August 2nd, 2012, 01:29 AM
Have a safe trip, hope you have a great time.

Cellomom
August 2nd, 2012, 02:15 AM
Have fun with your family! Oregon is so beautiful! Enjoy!

Divine Daisy
August 2nd, 2012, 08:16 AM
holds on to Jeans ankle as she drags me along..............nooooooooooo don't go!

Winniesfriend
August 2nd, 2012, 10:47 AM
Have a great time.

CrazyMtnLady
August 2nd, 2012, 11:43 AM
Boy, you sure have become a frequent flyer this summer. Stay safe and have a wonderful trip.

EnumclawGramma
August 2nd, 2012, 11:50 AM
My sister's new house on the coast is in Manzanita. I'm with you, I could just stay there forever. It is quite a bit north of Bandon (I just looked it up on Google Maps)

Well....you could always just get a house there! You'd be closer to me and I would come visit you anytime you wanted a quilty buddy to hang out with. Really, I would do this for you! NOOOO problem.

buckeyequilter
August 2nd, 2012, 11:53 AM
Have fun and have a safe trip.

Cathy F
August 2nd, 2012, 12:19 PM
Have a great time, we'll be looking forward to hearing about your trip!