PDA

View Full Version : Why does there have to be more to life than quilting?

hillbilly
September 7th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Usually I am good about giving you a random post of nothingness once a week, just cuz I enjoy it, and because there is a life outside of quilting. :icon_angry::icon_sniff:

So, here's my randomness for now.

Hamilton, MO city council is meeting once again tonight. Hopefully they wont table the 'hiring another police officer' topic yet again. My husband will be working for them as soon as they approve. Then he can pick up 'pop tarts' from Jenny all the time! Well...once the paychecks start coming in!

My allergies are horrible and I am a nursing mom so there is nothing I can do. It explains some of my absence. Any of you dieing of allergies right now?

I found my fuzzy slippers, my camera, and anything else I have recently lost. Except my mind maybe.

I love chatting with you guys, and I miss it when the forum is slow. Of course, if it's too busy no one is sewing. I'm not sewing. Haven't touched it in days. But, tomorrow is a new day and maybe I'll feel better.

I am attempting to design some quilts around my own twist of pastries. Starting with pop tarts. :icon_eek:

My 12 yr old is getting off to a rocky homeschool start yet again when he has to go to his dad's house for visiting. We have equal custody...50-50 time. It doesn't work out on my end that easy as teacher and is stressful to say the least. It really messes with my quilting time, but oh so worth it!

Fall is my favorite time of year. I hate winter, but I just love fall colors and decor. Except Halloween. We aren't into it..but that's just not us. It can be a very cute time!

Ok, that's my randomness for this week. What are you all doing that messes with your quilting life?

janluna
September 7th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Hi Tonya, I've been down all day with allergies and a headache. I have the sniffles. I haven't worked on anything in days either. Fall is also my favorite time of the year but I like winter too. Just call me crazy.
Your right about when the list is slow. I miss Bridgette and Shelia cutting up. They are too funny.
I'll say prayers for your hubby to get on the force and for the council not to table it again.
And for you to feel better. Hugs, Jan

Dragonfly
September 7th, 2010, 11:03 PM
I wish you all the best for the above as well, allergies are just no fun at all.

I am attempting to design some quilts around my own twist of pastries. Starting with pop tarts. :icon_eek:

I am also doing this, yesterday I played on my EQ7 and designed a 12 block sampler quilt with blocks that can be made exclusively with Jelly Roll strips, it was fun and looks really good. I was sad when I had to remove a block I really liked because I could not figure a way to make it from 2.5" strips. :(

Hmm...what messes with my quilting life...HOUSEWORK...bother it all to blazes, I fail to see why it is so jolly important. :lol: :icon_shake: Well I guess clean plates to eat off are nice and I couldn't possibly be seen in unclean, unironed clothes...OK I confess some housework may be necessary but I draw the line on some things...I will not iron teatowels, sheets etc (no one sees those) and dusting is counter productive...all that dust protects my furniture from damageing UV rays from sunlight (my story and I'm sticking to it :icon_heh:)

Texsam
September 7th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Hey gals

Sorry to hear your allergies are acting up. I usually don't have them too bad but when the wind finally started changing directions a couple of weeks ago I did have a few days where I sneezed a lot and had watery eyes. Now my daughter on the other hand had them pretty bad. Hope things get better soon for ya'll.

It has been slow around the forums these past few days. I figured with it being the last holiday weekend before we have to start going crazy for Christmas that people were out and about. I'm on vacation this week and am trying to get some quilting done. I am so slow sometimes. I had bought a Kona Roll like Jenny used in her tutorial and am practicing for my block swap. I haven't found any fabric yet-need to do that.

I like Fall more now than I use to. But I still am not fond of Winter. Probably because we get ice and not snow and the idiots around here drive like its normal.

I hope your husband gets hired soon Tonya. Maybe all us crazies should come and stir up some craziness to help out. :icon_heh: Then they will see they need him. And we can help you out by playing pass the baby. :icon_happy:

I'm looking forward to seeing these pop tarts you're gonna do.

We need to :icon_slap: Bridgette around some. I saw on the block swap forum she's starting to freak out. Not sure why, she has been sewing up a storm. Well she is :icon_crazy:

I think I am my own worst critic and that messes with my quilting. I have all these ideas but I don't follow through.

Well I've blabbered enough-back to piecing. Have a good night!

hillbilly
September 7th, 2010, 11:08 PM
I wish you all the best for the above as well, allergies are just no fun at all.

I am also doing this, yesterday I played on my EQ7 and designed a 12 block sampler quilt with blocks that can be made exclusively with Jelly Roll strips, it was fun and looks really good. I was sad when I had to remove a block I really liked because I could not figure a way to make it from 2.5" strips. :(

Hmm...what messes with my quilting life...HOUSEWORK...bother it all to blazes, I fail to see why it is so jolly important. :lol: :icon_shake: Well I guess clean plates to eat off are nice and I couldn't possibly be seen in unclean, unironed clothes...OK I confess some housework may be necessary but I draw the line on some things...I will not iron teatowels, sheets etc (no one sees those) and dusting is counter productive...all that dust protects my furniture from damageing UV rays from sunlight (my story and I'm sticking to it :icon_heh:)

I have EQ5 and never use it...I really need to learn how, but i hear the newer versions are more user friendly. I have tons of internet savvy...but no computer program knowledge at all so it confuses me. I still use graph paper and pencils.

That is a great way to look at dusting! Do you mind if I use that in my blog? It sounds hillbilly-ish through and through. Maybe I'll wait and see if anyone else comes up with great reasons not to clean and compile a list for the blog. That would be fun!!

Texsam
September 7th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Ha Ha Dragonfly :lol:

That's a great way to look at dust. I dust occasionally but I figured I got in all my dusting time when I was a kid. My mom is a neat freak and we dusted the paneling too. I hate paneling because of that.

Dragonfly
September 7th, 2010, 11:14 PM
That is a great way to look at dusting! Do you mind if I use that in my blog? It sounds hillbilly-ish through and through. Maybe I'll wait and see if anyone else comes up with great reasons not to clean and compile a list for the blog. That would be fun!!

:lol: Go right ahead, you are more than welcome to use ...perhaps I am an Aussy hillbilly :D

The new EQ7 is great I have so much fun playing with it.

NM Lady
September 7th, 2010, 11:18 PM
I've been wondering the same thing, then remember my daughter is in college so need to go to work everyday and also need to clean house as my dog is double coated and loves to leave big globs of hair everywhere. Love both so, will keep on doing things besides quilting. Actually I'm brand new "quilter" and I use that term lightly, but love it!!!!

A good friend of mine told me that when my allergies are giving me fits to eat some local honey. It seems to work for me.

Hope you get to feeling better!

Have a blessed day....

NM Lady

Texsam
September 7th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about the honey. My uncle swears by it.

Dragonfly
September 7th, 2010, 11:31 PM
A good friend of mine told me that when my allergies are giving me fits to eat some local honey. It seems to work for me.

:icon_offtopic: but what the heck, I know why this works :icon_tup: Most allergies are pollen based, now the bees use pollen to make their honey, so eating the honey kind of gives you natural anti-bodies. :icon_woohoo: That's sort of the short version of the science but yes eating 'local' honey does help because it contains the same pollens that are causing your allergies. Store bought honey won't work because it is 'sanitized', it needs to be unprocessed 'raw honey'. Check if you have any local producers.
Honey also works a treat when you have one of those annoying tickles in the back of your throat that makes you cough incessantly. :icon_bigsmile:

middlesis1966
September 7th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Hi all :icon_wave:. I too am having a time with allergies this season. I was gettn upset cause they are bothering me. Grrr. I just want to breathe. I will once the weather starts to change. I love the fall until it turns cold, brrrrr. I havent been able to sew for a week. I threw my back out and the doc put me on goofy pills, so sewing is out of the question. I miss it. Today was the first day I've been to work in a week. My job is very physical so I had to stay home. Im about done with the goofy pills so I can start again. YAHOO!!!!. BTW the dust is like a chalkboard, its where I can leave little love notes for the hubby :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. Wow theres a whole lotta chalkbords around here. Good luck to the hubby and I will add him to my prayer list. Take care ... Paula

jrchapman
September 7th, 2010, 11:37 PM
There is so much going on in my life at the moment that I had to let something go so I chose to drop sleep rather than the quilting. I come in from work about 6, make dinner for mum and then sit down to do some work to prepare for uni. Then I give up after an hour because the steel designer's manual is nowhere near as fun as the pile of fabric next to me.

Then I look up at the clock and it's 2am and I've been sewing all night so I realise that I need to go to sleep. It's a good job my work doesn't include operating any heavy machinery at the moment!

I figure tidying is just hiding the mess. The mess is still there just hidden in a cupboard so why not be open about it?

Dragonfly
September 7th, 2010, 11:37 PM
BTW the dust is like a chalkboard, its where I can leave little love notes for the hubby :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

:lol: This happens in our house as well but is usually done by my grandchildren, the dust amuses them, I frequently find 'massages' on the TV Screen (we don't watch TV so it only gets used when the grandkids come to visit) :lol:

janluna
September 7th, 2010, 11:59 PM
I have a sign in my house that says" you can look at the dust just don't write in it."
I also have a sign that says "welcome to the zoo, sit back and relax." And I have 2 dogs with double coats and I too have clumps of dog hair everywhere. I'm always chasing that down, then add my birds and their dander and we have a free for all. excuse me....achoo...
oh my head. :icon_mooooh:

janluna
September 8th, 2010, 12:07 AM
I also have a sign that says" happy kitchens are messy kitchens and mine is delirious "

Dragonfly
September 8th, 2010, 12:31 AM
:lol: I have one that says "Our house is in pieces, our mum is a quilter"

Laura108
September 8th, 2010, 12:33 AM
I just love you girls. I love the UV rays in the dust and writing in it ....saving those to use :icon_happy: I started a beginning quilt class here in Mt.Airy but had to smile a few times, I think I've learned more from the tutorials then I should of...but a part of me just missed my sewing room and the forum. I learn so much from all of you. Im still unpacking boxes...moving from New York to Cana Va/Mt. Airy Nc is not an easy task. My daily notes and texts from Jan make it so much easier tho :) Thank you Jan. Hillbilly I hope your husband gets the job and I just love your blog. Hope the allergies ease up for those of you with them. Have a blessed night...Hugs Laura

NM Lady
September 8th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Hillbilly,

Wishing your husband the best of luck on the job and saying a little prayer.

NM Lady

Shirley
September 8th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Dusting? I hate it....
I live on a dirt road and it is so dry that there is constantly dirt in the air. I definitely do not want dusitng to get in the way of my quilting! I have been having sinus headaches the last few days and what if I did dust and all that would just irritate my sinuses!!! I have to look out for myself. :lol:

Lola2Ace
September 8th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I certainly agree with all on the dust issue. I hate to dust, and I have allergies too and dusting just stirs it all up and makes allergies worse! I live with 2 cats, unfortuately HA, so I take Allegra year round which helps immensely, but when ragweed blooms it doesn't help quite enough.
The Allegra (NO decongestant) is a blocker, so you don't get the drowsiness with it--Hillbilly it may be o.k. for you to take even while nursing your baby, is prescription so you could check with your Dr.
I can't take most decongestants make me drunk as a skunk and I can't function like that, so they are a no-go for me.
Our still at home child is now a driver, so that helps. I don't have to run her here and there all the time like I used to. She does have a chronic illness that requires quite frequent treatments and Dr. visits, but I usually take some handwork on those days. Sometimes hand sewing, sometimes crochet.
They say a messy kitchen is a sign of a good cook.....I just relate that to the sewing room too!
Every time I clean and organize it.......then start a project, it's just a mess again. I know where everything is.....might have to dig through a pile to retrieve it, but it's there, so why worry about it?
Right now, I have a TV tray added to the confusion, it is holding my strips for the Christmas Block Swap, but I am able to walk around it, so things aren't tooo tooo messy in here.........right??? LOL :icon_heh:
Lola

hillbilly
September 8th, 2010, 11:30 AM
THANKS FOR THE WELL-WISHES AND PRAYERS. Hubby got the Job!! Now when we get a few paychecks under our belt I can buy some fabric and tools and other fun stuff for more tutorials!! Now mind you...it will be last on the list after some needs, but it will be nice to buy something for fun!!

You are all such a fun bunch on here. I wish I could take the time to reply to every post since yesterday on this thread, but ALAS! I can't, because you are all awesome and so many replied!!

Baby boy was put on Zrtec because of his allergies...and it made him have alot more congestion! So, about 2 a.m. I took an adult dose of the nasty liquid, and I feel oh so much better.

We don't have much to dust...but we love to collect books around here. So I am adopting your-alls dusting rules for the books. I'll try to dust when you all come to crash for the weekend though.

Why i might even get all fancy like an buy some o' that real toilet paper for the outhouse! I told my husband to start watchin' for some o' the best roadkill he can find. We wanna fix up the best mess o' grub you'uns has ever layed yur eyes on. Why, we'll have possum stew, rattle snake puddin', an' a the like.

LOL, I am scaring you away if you ever really do get to visit. Sure is nice to dream, isn't it?

Texsam
September 8th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Yea so glad he got the job!!!:icon_happy:

I guess magazines don't really work for the outhouse any more do they? Probably have to use newspaper. :icon_rofl:

Poor baby-I hope he feels better soon. :icon_hug:

Never mind the dust - it'll just add to the congestion!

Laura108
September 8th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Soo glad he got the job. I had to laugh at your Road Kill comment...When I was working I had the sweetest older man who always road his rusty little bike to the lab...We always tested his blood since he was severely anemic ...at no charge of course...he would always try to pay us with what ever he had and I have to say he would make my day every time he came in...until the day a truck had hit a possum on the highway...He came flying in to the lab...with this poor possum ...He was so excited he could barely talk....gushing about how fresh and delicious it would be....Now mind you Im smiling and trying to be polite ...quietly praying for help...He was holding it by the back legs and all of a sudden that possum.. flat and all from the tire....started moving...well I screamed bloody murder let me tell you...slammed my eyes closed ...just as everyone ran in to see what the comotion was out he pulled out a knife and finished not only the possum off but myself also....I hit the ground like a rock....LOL so very thankful when I woke up...both were out of site...Oh mercy the memories.....Thank you Hillbilly and congratulations again on the job :)
:icon_wave:

janluna
September 8th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I'm so happy to hear prayers that are answered and that your hubby got his job. Congratulations! Sorry the baby's not well. I understand how he feels. My allergies have played heck with me for the last two days. Hugs, Jan

hillbilly
September 8th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Soo glad he got the job. I had to laugh at your Road Kill comment...When I was working I had the sweetest older man who always road his rusty little bike to the lab...We always tested his blood since he was severely anemic ...at no charge of course...he would always try to pay us with what ever he had and I have to say he would make my day every time he came in...until the day a truck had hit a possum on the highway...He came flying in to the lab...with this poor possum ...He was so excited he could barely talk....gushing about how fresh and delicious it would be....Now mind you Im smiling and trying to be polite ...quietly praying for help...He was holding it by the back legs and all of a sudden that possum.. flat and all from the tire....started moving...well I screamed bloody murder let me tell you...slammed my eyes closed ...just as everyone ran in to see what the comotion was out he pulled out a knife and finished not only the possum off but myself also....I hit the ground like a rock....LOL so very thankful when I woke up...both were out of site...Oh mercy the memories.....Thank you Hillbilly and congratulations again on the job :)
:icon_wave:

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_eek:

NM Lady
September 8th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Congratulations!!!! So happy for your and your family that your husband got the job!!!

Hope everyone gets to feeling better.

Roadkill....mmmmm. ROFLOL

quiltingtrish
September 8th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Just now seeing this thread.
First - so happy to hear your DH got the job Hillbilly. I'm sure that helps with stress levels.

I've been super busy this past weekend. We had a wedding we attended on Saturday for a niece. Then on Sunday was a going away party for my 2nd son who joined the Marines. Monday evening we delivered him to the recruiter, we then took him to dinner and returned him to the hotel, and on Tuesday morning saw him off to Parris Island. I plan to stay very busy between work and quilting to make the time fly for me.

Dust? I just dusted the other day. Sorry you missed it -
I do clean quite often, it bugs me if I don't. I should quilt more than I do though.

Hugs,

middlesis1966
September 8th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Congrats to your hubby! Im so glad that things are going in a new direction for your family. :icon_cool:

jrchapman
September 8th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Fantastic news Hillbilly, I hope it makes things a little easier in the Hillbilly household.

Why i might even get all fancy like an buy some o' that real toilet paper for the outhouse!

In my latest quilting magazine there was an article about privy bags from the 1800s. They were patchwork bags they used to hang in the outhouse to hold the scraps of paper. There's a project we could all try!

hillbilly
September 9th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Fantastic news Hillbilly, I hope it makes things a little easier in the Hillbilly household.

In my latest quilting magazine there was an article about privy bags from the 1800s. They were patchwork bags they used to hang in the outhouse to hold the scraps of paper. There's a project we could all try!

Actually, 'family cloth' is making a big comeback. It's flannel squares that you re-wash. And you buy 'wet bags' to put them in. You just dump it all in the wash together. I am not into that. I do use flannel squares for wiping my sons face and have started using them for my sore nose this allergy season. I wash a lot of flannel wipes, but we sure don't use them as 'family cloth' in the bathroom!!

hillbilly
September 9th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Just now seeing this thread.
First - so happy to hear your DH got the job Hillbilly. I'm sure that helps with stress levels.

I've been super busy this past weekend. We had a wedding we attended on Saturday for a niece. Then on Sunday was a going away party for my 2nd son who joined the Marines. Monday evening we delivered him to the recruiter, we then took him to dinner and returned him to the hotel, and on Tuesday morning saw him off to Parris Island. I plan to stay very busy between work and quilting to make the time fly for me.

Dust? I just dusted the other day. Sorry you missed it -
I do clean quite often, it bugs me if I don't. I should quilt more than I do though.

Hugs,

Will your son be deployed over seas? I hope all goes well for him.

My son in law is on the way home from Afghanistan. BOO. Sorry. couldn't help it. He hasn't been a good boy at all since joining. He's not been nice to my DD either. They married real quick right before he went in...big mistake. Oh well, we will see what the next month brings.

quiltingtrish
September 9th, 2010, 05:42 PM
He just started the 12 weeks of boot camp. So, other than Parris Island where he is right now, he isn't going anywhere just yet. Thank God!

Hugs,

toggpine
September 10th, 2010, 07:08 PM
"Family Cloth"?!?!?!?!?!!
Oh my heavens. I'll spend a week planting trees someplace just so I don't have to wash that! OK, even a month! I am not good with going that green.

We do use cloth hankies here. I love the flannel for runny noses, and my husband has some great prints from the half-off novelty print section. A quick trip through the serger's rolled hem feature and we are set. I have even given them as gifts, and folks seem to like them. Most folks just don't think about a permanent Kleenex.

Good luck to your son Trish!

As for dust, I like a swiffer duster for dusting (when I get around to it). It really does hold a lot of the dust and it can fit in between things so I don't have to move stuff when I do decide to dust. The goats dig at least one dust wallow in the pasture every summer and that gets everywhere when we have the windows open. The woodstove puts out its own amount of dust in the winter, but I'll take the dust over the cold any day!

janluna
September 10th, 2010, 10:57 PM
I certainly agree with all on the dust issue. I hate to dust, and I have allergies too and dusting just stirs it all up and makes allergies worse! I live with 2 cats, unfortuately HA, so I take Allegra year round which helps immensely, but when ragweed blooms it doesn't help quite enough.
The Allegra (NO decongestant) is a blocker, so you don't get the drowsiness with it--Hillbilly it may be o.k. for you to take even while nursing your baby, is prescription so you could check with your Dr.
I can't take most decongestants make me drunk as a skunk and I can't function like that, so they are a no-go for me.
Our still at home child is now a driver, so that helps. I don't have to run her here and there all the time like I used to. She does have a chronic illness that requires quite frequent treatments and Dr. visits, but I usually take some handwork on those days. Sometimes hand sewing, sometimes crochet.
They say a messy kitchen is a sign of a good cook.....I just relate that to the sewing room too!
Every time I clean and organize it.......then start a project, it's just a mess again. I know where everything is.....might have to dig through a pile to retrieve it, but it's there, so why worry about it?
Right now, I have a TV tray added to the confusion, it is holding my strips for the Christmas Block Swap, but I am able to walk around it, so things aren't tooo tooo messy in here.........right??? LOL :icon_heh:
Lola
I have a book my husband bought me that says messy people are creative people. When I find it I'll give you the title and the author LOL I think my DH was either trying to tell me I'm messy or he was trying to make me feel better because I am messy. Either way I'm messy and some days proud of it! :icon_heh: :icon_whistle:

Barbara W
September 16th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hmm...what messes with my quilting life...HOUSEWORK...bother it all to blazes, I fail to see why it is so jolly important. :lol: :icon_shake: Well I guess clean plates to eat off are nice and I couldn't possibly be seen in unclean, unironed clothes...OK I confess some housework may be necessary but I draw the line on some things...I will not iron teatowels, sheets etc (no one sees those) and dusting is counter productive...all that dust protects my furniture from damageing UV rays from sunlight (my story and I'm sticking to it :icon_heh:)[/QUOTE]

I like your story:icon_happy:. I remember my mom telling me that if no one touches the dusty areas, no one would notice they were dusty. The dust only shows up when it is disturbed. That said, maybe you should know that my furniture tops are all grey :o and will remain that way until company is due!
Barbara W in MI who hates four letter words: cook, dust, iron, wash.

hillbilly
September 18th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Ok, so what is taking up all my time right now??

12 yr old has a lot going on this weekend because of our church's involvement in "country Harvest". Back and forth, back and forth.

Husband had a diabetic incident yesterday. Worse than I've ever seen, and if I could have got him to the ER, he would be in the hospital yet today. He was a mess, didn't know where he was or what he was doing. He's been asleep for about 16 hrs straight except when I went to poke him to check his blood sugar. After 16 hrs, I made him wake up and eat, but he went right back to sleep again.

And the baby has hives. Again. Ugh.

Who even cares about dusting?? When I get a spare moment it's just me and my machine for some down time!

Is everyone else having a nice weekend? I don't have time to reply to all posts right now. Forgive me.
:icon_slap::icon_slap::icon_angry::icon_kiss:

middlesis1966
September 18th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Ok, so what is taking up all my time right now??

12 yr old has a lot going on this weekend because of our church's involvement in "country Harvest". Back and forth, back and forth.

Husband had a diabetic incident yesterday. Worse than I've ever seen, and if I could have got him to the ER, he would be in the hospital yet today. He was a mess, didn't know where he was or what he was doing. He's been asleep for about 16 hrs straight except when I went to poke him to check his blood sugar. After 16 hrs, I made him wake up and eat, but he went right back to sleep again.

And the baby has hives. Again. Ugh.

Who even cares about dusting?? When I get a spare moment it's just me and my machine for some down time!

Is everyone else having a nice weekend? I don't have time to reply to all posts right now. Forgive me.
:icon_slap::icon_slap::icon_angry::icon_kiss:

Im so sorry your having a time at it. I will put and your family in my prayers right away. Made it to my first ever quilt show. All I can say is wow! Had a blast take care of yourself, Tonya.

janluna
September 18th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Tonya, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Do you have family close by, that can help? Can we call someone for you?

hillbilly
September 19th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Tonya, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Do you have family close by, that can help? Can we call someone for you?

No, I have never had family. Jerry has parents in Texas, but they aren't healthy. His dad has some rare from of MS that I can't pronounce or spell, but due to that, they can't help.

Jerry is frustrating because he won't go to the hospital. I just got back from Maysville...it's about 20 miles away...my son was having such a great time. He has friends there...and this is the first time in his life he's had friends!!
Anyway, out of the last 24 hours, Jerry slept 23 of them. THe hour he was awake was when I woke him up and forced him to drink water and eat a sandwich. He's awake again now. I got him to drink again and gave him some toast.
In spite of hives, Baby boy has been wonderfully good all day. Seth has a friend spending the night, so I just moved the recliner into the baby's room and I am going to shut myself in and go to sleep there tonight.
I just thought I'd hop on and check in. Thank you all for your prayers. I appreciate it. We are doing ok. I just need my husband to realize he can't leave me stranded to take care of this baby boy alone. I've been a single mom and don't want to do that again!! So, he's got to take care of himself. I am bummed that his blood sugar was over 300 when I just took it about 10 minutes ago. And that's after all that fasting. What a mess he is!!

quiltingtrish
September 19th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Oh my Hillbilly. Prayers are coming for you.
I wish these DH's of ours would understand that WE don't want to take them to the ER either, but for his health's sake, they gotta go sometimes. I am praying he doesn't go in diabetic shock.

I hope you got some sleep last night.

Hugs,

hillbilly
September 19th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Oh my Hillbilly. Prayers are coming for you.
I wish these DH's of ours would understand that WE don't want to take them to the ER either, but for his health's sake, they gotta go sometimes. I am praying he doesn't go in diabetic shock.

I hope you got some sleep last night.

Hugs,

I just got a nice nap. He keeps sleeping and sleeping. I am getting ready to go poke his finger again. I'm wishing I could read all these threads I am missing out on!

pdjewelrylady
September 20th, 2010, 06:09 PM
I have a book my husband bought me that says messy people are creative people. When I find it I'll give you the title and the author LOL I think my DH was either trying to tell me I'm messy or he was trying to make me feel better because I am messy. Either way I'm messy and some days proud of it! :icon_heh: :icon_whistle:
I think I have that book .............somewhere around here........ hahahahahaha :lol: