PDA

View Full Version : Saint Albans, VT shopping suggestions

RiverMomm
August 1st, 2012, 07:55 PM
Hubby and I are driving to St. Albans tomorrow. Does anyone know of fabric stores, quilting stores, Walmart (ok, fine, not in the same league as fabric stores, but oldest son is leaving for school in a few weeks and nothing beats Wally World for school supplies) or fun shops in this town?

Jean Sewing Machine
August 1st, 2012, 08:45 PM
I have a book called "Quilter's TRavel Companion" that lists quilt shops in every state. There is one listed in St. Albans, VT called the Forever Bloom Quilt Shop on 71 N. Main St. 802-370-3111 Website www.foreverbloomquiltshop.com Description 1860's shop with unique character, quilt quality fabrics. Hope you have fun! Open Tues-Sat from 10-5.

K. McEuen
August 1st, 2012, 08:50 PM
Williston Walmart Store #2224
863 Harvest Ln
Williston, VT 05495 about 26 miles from St. Albans

Plattsburgh Walmart Supercenter Store #1994
25 Consumer Sq
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 561-0195 about 26.5 miles from St. Alban

Forever Bloom Quilt Shop
(802) 370-3111
71 N Main St, St Albans, VT 05478

might call first, not sure it's still there, both webpages listed for it haven't been updated since 2011. I'm finding all this on the internet.

Loonwatcher
August 1st, 2012, 08:53 PM
I'm not super familiar with St. A but Main St. has a lot of shops and restuarants. the only quilt shop has moved away. Just off Exit 20 of I89 there is a small mall that has a Joanns Fabrics. There is alo a Staples (school supplies?), TJ Maxx and a Publix (I think). Next to Joann's is a place called Cowle's Quilting. Their main business is selling long arm quilting machines and they are a Janome dealer (got my machine there) but they also have quilting notions - no fabric though. If you go further south there is a large quilt shop called Yankee Pride in Essex Jct.

Have fun, I hope you find what you are looking for.

By the time I finished my post the other 2 ladies made their posts. Forever Blooms is the quilt shop that has moved out of town. I don't know where they've gone. The Williston Walmart would be good for school supplies (was just there today) but they don't have fabric - it's not a super Walmart.

RiverMomm
August 1st, 2012, 09:49 PM
Thanks everyone. This trip will include a visit to JoAnns! Not that I really need anything but we all want more fabric. :)

RiverMomm
August 3rd, 2012, 02:15 AM
The trip was a success! I found JoAnns and bought some batting on sale (my goal). The prepackaged batting is 50% off. I also bought a couple yards of fabric, but couldn't decide what other fabric to buy . . . my mind went blank. I know I need fabric for future quilts, but I couldnt remember. I found some super cute owl fabric but I don't need it now. But, it was perfect for the back of my owl quilt.

Monique
August 3rd, 2012, 08:39 AM
Glad you had a good trip Vicky. I am going to Lancaster PA in Sept. and going to many quilt shops if you need anything you can let me know. Then I will take a trip to Montreal!!