PDA

View Full Version : I love getting packages in the mail

RiverMomm
August 1st, 2012, 12:07 PM
I love getting packages in the mail, especially when I didn't have to pay for it. My quilter SIL sent this box of goodies. She is a real quilter. I was whining about thread-no I mean, asking her about thread. My mindset is still in the early 80's in terms of prices (hey, I have improved, at first my mindset was in the late 70's). TY ty ty to SIL for making my day!

Thread, fabric, needles, cool little measuring tool (oh this will help at lot!!!-who knew that 1/4 inch is so important to be exact),and labels.

I wish we lived closer but she is 3000 miles away.

pcbatiks
August 1st, 2012, 12:31 PM
Very nice little pile of goodies! Looks like some fun projects ahead!

CrazyMtnLady
August 1st, 2012, 12:31 PM
Wow! What a gift. Wish I had a sister like that! Congratulations and enjoy.

lilmouse
August 1st, 2012, 12:33 PM
Enjoy your goodies....lucky girl!:icon_bigsmile:

EnumclawGramma
August 1st, 2012, 12:42 PM
What a thoughtful gift! Have fun with that!

AlohaSandy
August 1st, 2012, 02:58 PM
Wow you are a lucky lady. I have been looking for somewhere to buy that thread we do have it here in Hawaii but I pay $10.95 for one spool of that thread. Can you ask here where she purchases this. Mahalo

Jean Sewing Machine
August 1st, 2012, 03:10 PM
I have that variegated blue thread that's in the front row of your collection, I've used it on several quilts so far! You sure did get a lot of nice goodies. My only sister (no SILs, 2 bachelor brothers!) hasn't opened her machine in 10 years, so she says. I was amazed when I was at her house that she had made a quilt 30 years ago, and she still has it, and it was very nice. I didn't know she even attempted something like that. We haven't lived near each other since the early 70's, so things like that have gone by me and I didn't know about them.

I still have some of those threads from the 70s and 80s, 5 for $1. They were great for our polyester double knit bell bottom pants, weren't they?

Bubby
August 1st, 2012, 03:36 PM
MY SIL doesn't give me goodies and she's a quilter!!! Bad SIL, bad!

RiverMomm
August 1st, 2012, 08:46 PM
Wow you are a lucky lady. I have been looking for somewhere to buy that thread we do have it here in Hawaii but I pay $10.95 for one spool of that thread. Can you ask here where she purchases this. Mahalo

I will ask. Which thread did you want? She lives on Vancouver Island so it would be cheaper for you to order from The States in terms of shipping. I have seen the big thread at Fabricville here, but not the Egyption cotton or Sulky thread. The fabrics are from a little quilt shop in her town.

SuziC
August 1st, 2012, 08:53 PM
What a wonderful thing for her to do!!!! Great "little" surprise for you!

NanaB
August 1st, 2012, 09:09 PM
What a nice surprise! What a nice SIL you have. You must also be a good SIL!!!!

HandsOffItsMine
August 1st, 2012, 09:36 PM
Nice SIL! Always fun to get a surprise package! Have a great time creating! We can't wait to see it!

BellasQuilts
August 1st, 2012, 11:03 PM
Packages that are unexpected are the most fun!

Cellomom
August 2nd, 2012, 02:10 AM
What a sweet SIL! She really sent you a little of everything :)