PDA

View Full Version : Oh Boy, it's Monday!

Blondie
July 30th, 2012, 07:30 AM

Happy Monday Folksies!

Wow, have you looked at the calendar. I don't want any rotten or hard produce thrown at me, but, Christmas is coming on faster than I thought. Has that thought slapped you awake yet? Time to express another wow.

Yesterday on my do nothing day was just really a do nothing day. I think I could live with a few more of those more often. Getting ready right this minute to head down the Hill to Mom's to scope out what we will be doing the next few days. Just making up some more coffee to carry down there.

Tell me what's up?

Prayers, blessings for everyone. SMILE!

MRoy
July 30th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Good Morning. Blondie, your picture makes me think of my sister. Tomorrow would have been her 66th birthday.

Yesterday, the grand-kids sewed the top of the quilt they're making for their new baby brother (no relation to me). They picked out different Winnie the Pooh fabrics on Saturday that I cut into charm squares. They did a great job sewing the squares into rows and sewing the rows together. They just need to add the border and it will be ready to quilt and bind.

It's back to work today. My supervisor for the last 16 years retires tomorrow. We'll have a new supervisor Wednesday and I'm a bit uneasy as she has very little supervisory/administrative experience and will be overseeing operations of 500+ employees in 18 counties (or delegating it to the rest of us to do). So glad I can retire whenever I choose to.

Lonna
July 30th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Looks as if we are headed into another hot week. Just heard on the news that we will be under a heat advisory from 7:00am to 7:00pm. Yesterday I spent most of the day in my sewing room. Made about 8 blocks for my next quilt I really enjoyed my quite time. Today it is back to work at least my manager will be back and he can handle all the problems. I gave up all that when I left the hotel that I worked for five years ago. I have too much on my plate to deal with people who always have a sob story as why they cant pay there storage bill. And it is not those so much as the working six days a weeek. Well best get up off this couch and get ready to go. Have a great day my friends.

Bubby
July 30th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Good Morning,

Yes, Blondie, I have thought about Christmas creeping up on us. I recently finished a table runner (needs binding) for a Christmas gift. Beyond that, I'm still making Halloweenie blocks for our swap. Those who didn't join are missing a really fun project. Maybe there will be another one next year.

My task for the day is to empty our booth at the antique mall. I tried it for two months and it's not my thing. It's just another thing for me to keep up with. When I have spare time I want to make quilts - not tend a booth. We achieved our goal of getting rid of some large furniture items that were taking up too much room in the garage.

We got rain yesterday - also some strong winds that pulled down large tree limbs. We had an electrical storm during the night, but we stayed in bed and slept.

I'm doing laundry and changing the bed this morning. I also need to run to the grocery store for a few items.

Wishing all of you a great Monday....Hugs, Barb

CrazyMtnLady
July 30th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Good morning all. Hugs and prayers to those in need.

Had an amazingly LAZY day yesterday. It was another extremely hot day, so we stayed inside and watched a little bit of the olympics but then popped in some old movies and watched them. The dogs and Chester (the Planet cat) all nestled in around us on the bed and it was a very nice day.
I hope to work on my Crown Royal pillow today. I have two projects to do for the neighbor before I feel like I can work on anything I have going. And I have quite a few.
I need coffee, so I think it is off to the kitchen to start the pot!

Have a great day.

GrammaBabs
July 30th, 2012, 09:52 AM
As usual, i'm pondering what font i'll use for my "christmas ornament"... i want a scroll shape for the frame,,, but need to get hopping on the embroidery...if i hoop 4 at a time i only need to do about 25.... check my album for ornaments.... of course i still have to dig a place to get started...
DH, bless, him got me measured (the space under my quilt frame, not my body,,, heavens NO)...for bins to slip under... and i have 3 100 packs of comic boards...to fold fabric... plus long boards to slip on the long shelves that are slotted... so i can stand the boards UP... I just wish the sun would stay in for a week,,, can't resist the pool, and then the crochet time at night... but i'll get there...LOL
Hugss to you all, my sewing friends... i'll catch up at some point!!
Have a great day...

Sandy Navas
July 30th, 2012, 09:54 AM
What do I 'yack' about first? Okay, the weather. We heard some distant thunder a few times during the night. This morning we're overcast and it is 'spitting' rain . . . if you can call it rain. There is moisture falling from the sky, albeit scant. As soon as I get off here I'm running outside naked and screaming - maybe that will help.

Yesterday - what a wonderful day I had. I walked into my sewing room and just knew that I had several projects that I needed to finish. I do, though, suffer from "But, first" disease. It is a terrible affliction. I did manage to finish one project and get some fabric pulled and ready to mail to a couple on-line friends. Have another package or two prepared. And then the URGE hit me and I started pulling fabric off my shelves. By the end of the day I had sorted through six of my 11 5 foot shelves and removed fabrics that I knew I would NEVER use . . . those old-time strictly polyesters, horrendous designs that no one would be caught dead in (I hope) . . . just crazy stuff that wouldn't work in a quilt or look good on a child . . . and I filled four good-sized boxes. Perhaps I can finish that task today. I felt so good about getting organized. Before I put things back on the racks I sorted and put geometric designs together, florals, solids, stripes, plaids. AND I also put away a bunch of stuff that has been in my way for a while. After I get the other shelves taken care of I will start sorting all the patterns and tips that I have printed out . . . those things that I probably will never have time to try.

Got to run out for a bit this morning and if you are expecting something from me it will be in the mail.

Sending prayers and best wishes. Smiling at the clouds!!

cyndiofthevortex
July 30th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Yesterday I organized a cupboard full of fabric while DH worked on fixing the basement door, which wasn't closing right. I found lots of sunflower fabrics, way too much for me to ever need, so I started a quilt that I plan to sell. My family is always getting after me to sell some of my stuff and I never want to. Someone in the family even suggested I sell my homespun quilt. (Right afterwards she met with an unfortunate "accident" and is no longer with us.)

The sunflower quilt top will be finished today and alas, the basement door is now not closing at all. See what happens when you try to fix things? Just Don't Do It.

rebeccas-sewing
July 30th, 2012, 11:44 AM
"Rebecca?!?".... "Yes, Joe!"..... Have you managed to use up any of the bins of fabric in the storage closet yet?"...."No, dear, not yet! Why, is there a problem!"..."No, just wondering!" Honestly, couldn't ya just slap'm sometimes!

Sandy Navas
July 30th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Yesterday I organized a cupboard full of fabric while DH worked on fixing the basement door, which wasn't closing right. I found lots of sunflower fabrics, way too much for me to ever need, so I started a quilt that I plan to sell. My family is always getting after me to sell some of my stuff and I never want to. Someone in the family even suggested I sell my homespun quilt. (Right afterwards she met with an unfortunate "accident" and is no longer with us.)

The sunflower quilt top will be finished today and alas, the basement door is now not closing at all. See what happens when you try to fix things? Just Don't Do It.

Okay, Cyndi - I'm confused. Did your family member meet up with an unfortunate "accident" or did your QUILT??

Sandy Navas
July 30th, 2012, 11:48 AM
"Rebecca?!?".... "Yes, Joe!"..... Have you managed to use up any of the bins of fabric in the storage closet yet?"...."No, dear, not yet! Why, is there a problem!"..."No, just wondering!" Honestly, couldn't ya just slap'm sometimes!

Rebecca, don't you remember when Al asked me something similar and I told him whenever he used up all the lumber in his woodworking shop my fabric would be gone. Does Joe still hang onto an old college sweater?

sewbizzy
July 30th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Good Morning Blondie...I look forward to reading what everyone is doing!
Sandy, you made me laugh...I HAVE THE BUT, FIRST DISEASE, TOO!!!
I always want to do about 400 things in a day...hahaha
I did some stitching yesterday--a couple small children's denims for the shop and appliques 2 towels...I didn't feel too well---I think it may be sinuses...yuk!
I plan on doing more sewing today and pulling out my bins of fall things to see what I have left from last year...
Hugs and blessings to you all!!

lilmouse
July 30th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I have work today but spent last night going through my scrap bin...(I swear they are having babies in the sucker)...dumped a bunch of fat quarters in there to cut up...got those ironed and today will cut a few before I go into work...today is my long day...but for me it's Friday so yoo hoo! Plan on working in sewing studio all during "my" weekend...no appointments scheduled until Friday...have a 12 hr. fast but will manage that okay...especially since I found out I can drink water...that'll help! Will check back in tonight...everyone have a good day:icon_wave:

LynneLeavell
July 30th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Yesterday we had family reunion to attend so that took most of the day. It was still hot but not as hot as it has been in years past. Got home late afternoon took a nap from eating too much and from the drive. Hubby started a new job last Thursday in Opelaca, Al so he left out this morning and won't be home until Friday night. Sewing time you say...well......not really that much. Remember my daughter and her two boys (4 and 2 1/2) live with me, so yes they are there and everytime I start to sew the boys are right there with me. Had a scare Thursday night, my daughter-in-law was hospitalized with viral Minengitis. She is fine and came home Saturday. She had real bad head ached for over 24 hours and my son finally made her go to the ER Thursday. Her mother was with her while my son was with there 14 month old. Everyone is ok and my daughter in law was relieved to know that she was not contagious.

Today working and then going home and gonna make myself finish the pennie for the swap. Being as I have to have it mailed out by Sunday.

Yes Blondie I have realized that Christmas is just 5 months away. My Sister in Law had a Christmas in July Party a week ago this past weekend and that really put things in perspective.

Oh well everyone be safe, stay dry and stay cool. Prayers going out to all.

middlesis1966
July 30th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Ok as much as I love you Blondie I'm throwing this tomato with love. Beware I may weld like a guy, but I throw like a girl, hee hee. So safe to say it'll never hit you. Wow I'm not even close to thinking of Christmas at all. With this heatwave maybe cooler thoughts just might do the trick.

I didn't do a whole lot of anything this weekend. I did get all my fabric cut to start a quilt made with civil war fabrics. Tons of little pieces, what was I thinking. But then again I liked it when I saw it, so thats what I was a thinking. Pretty simmple cuts and sewing, so it'll be a piece o cake.

I've got some training to do so its off the the shop I go. Have a fun filled day all!

GrammaBabs
July 30th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Sandy.............do you think you could send me a little of your blood for a "transfusion"????? Reading your post,,, makes me feel,, WOW,, can i have some of that feeling... I'm too the point where (and i just came in from there this instant)....i walk in,,, look around,, have a few thoughts... then take a deep breath,, and come back out here to read for inspiration.. then back again.. look out, see the sun, and realize there's a beautiful pool and hot tub 2 min. from here with shaded area to crochet under while chatting with wonderful friends... so NOTHING gets done... :0

quiltingtrish
July 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM
So good to pop in here to see what everyone is doing. I did a few pop-in's but was too tired to reply.
Went to the Hershey show on Friday - met up with Panda - she is super nice. We bumped into each other a few times and must say I am sorry I didn't say something about hanging around together for the day - guess I am just used to wandering off by myself that I honestly didn't think about it. Even met up with 2 other friends there and didn't even hang around with them! Geez! Where has my brain been lately? I caught up with another friend at the end of the day and enjoyed a quick dinner together.

Saturday was my all day machine sewing class. To be honest, I don't think it was the worth the price I paid for it and then still had to pay lots to get the certain brand of thread she suggested. That was $10. a spool. I bought 4 spools cause I didn't know how much I needed. It's a good thing that it works well in my machine. We did a small wall hanging with micro-stippling. I could have done that on my own. Anyways, I had a good time and even got to attend the Show and Tell that night that was for anyone that took a class during the show. Lots of freebies at the end. Fat quarters are an average of $2.85 each. It's a good thing I don't like to buy too many of those anymore. Heck if I sold the ones I do have that I haven't used yet, I could probably pay my school taxes with it! There were quite a few vendors that were selling fabric packs that turned out to be $6.00 a yard so that was a good deal. Wait until you see what I bought to put as a backing on my red/white quilt. It's got neither red nor white in it. Think I will work on that today.
Yesterday I spent at my dad's to get the house and garden ready for his return from vacation. I think he will be pleased with how well the garden is coming along. I'll have to remember to get a photo cause it looks wonderful.

DH knows he best not say anything about my fabric stash until he gets rid of his collections. Enough said about that - lol!
Well, guess I best head down to my womancave. Have lots to attend to. Hope you all that don't feel well have a better day today and those that need prayers, I gotcha covered. I have been reading the posts but just wasn't time to respond.

Hugs,

HandsOffItsMine
July 30th, 2012, 01:14 PM

LOL...I'm with you girlfriend

Don looks over at sewing table, Ruby's sorting through fabric on floor.

"Rube!"
"Yeah?"
"You have fabric on the desk, on the bed, in the art closet, in the cloth closet, on the floor, stacked by the dresser. You sure have a lot of fabric!"
"Yep, just like I have a lot of paint colors."
"But your paint palletts and tubes take up less space."
"Just remember I can always order that big Long Arm Quilting machine and get rid of the bed. You'll be sleeping on a sofa sleeper."
"Hmmm. Can I build you some more shelves Hun?"

I'm all for slap'm them on a regular basis. :D Men!!!

Madeforyouinma11
July 30th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Everyone seem to be busy with so many different things. I have been enjoying sewing in my clean and organized room. Trying really hard to keep it clean this time. I've been washing and cutting flannel off and on for the last couple of days, I want to see how many rag quilts I can actually get out of what I have. I have a son that lives in Florida, so I'm thinking of making him a cotton quilt top with a flannel back for Christmas. He lives in the pan handle so it still gets a little chilly in the winter, and I think that may be a good choice for him. Well, yesterday I got most of my cleaning finished and then spent time with DD and SnL last night. DH goes back to work tonight after his 3 days off so I know I will be sewing right after I clean my bathroom and give the floors their daily mopping. Yes Blondie, I have been thinking of Christmas. My goal is to have all my Christmas cards made and the small gifts that I make for friends totally completed by the end of August so I can concentrate on family gifts in September. I do however have a few orders for a baby blanket and a couple of fleece blankets that I need to do in between. I have no excuse to be running late getting things done for the holidays this year since I am not working....no pressure. Lol well, I'm off but will check in later to see if there is anything new. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Good thoughts and prayers out to everyone!

Lisaau
July 30th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Ooh my sandy it's 3am in the morning l,m in pain dog tired and cant sleep because of the pain l logg in here read your post and start laughing out loud and now l,ve got the giggles and a mental pic of you in the nudie making ALOT noise for rain ....l love you my dear friend thanks for the laugh ..... Hahahaha

Ps: Dave beside me snoring out cold and me trying to suppress my laughter hahaha

auntiemern
July 30th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Good day all. Yesterday was my little mans 3rd birthday, so was at DD's for good part of the day. Got to see nephew that was in accident. He is sore, but doing well. I'll tell you though, when it rains, it pours. (figuratively speaking of course) My sis, who is the mom to my nephew that was in accident, let her BF use her car to go get his son and wrecked her car. Backed into a huge (don't know how he couldn't see it) pole. What ever he did, the car is not drivable. His car isn't running, so there are 3 of them in the household, all work, and not a running vehicle between them. Her insurance should furnish her a rental though. However she was so mad yesterday you just couldn't talk sense to her. Will get brave later and call her. My plan for the day is to start on monkey quilt for soon to be great grandson. Also need to do the other quilt for Bethany's new foster son that is 3, and pink and brown baby quilt for friends daughter. (I have those colors in Minnie Mouse and John Deere) decisions, decisions. What I need is a week alone to get all of these accomplished. That is not going to happen, but should have next week end alone. That is when I get the most done. Any way, wishing all a wonderful day. Sending prayers for those that need them, and hugs to everyone.

HandsOffItsMine
July 30th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Oh BTW Blondie...I actually made the first Xmas purchase yesterday for my Georgia "Sister-in-Law of Kat" don't know what that is to us. lol She loves elephants and I saw some pottery that I know she would love. Picked up 3 different pieces and I'm going to make a small raw edge applique wall hanging or pillow to match. It's going to be waaaay cooool! :)

Can't believe I made my first Xmas purchase on 07/29! I must be sick in the head!!! :icon_hihi:

Sandy Navas
July 30th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Sandy.............do you think you could send me a little of your blood for a "transfusion"????? Reading your post,,, makes me feel,, WOW,, can i have some of that feeling... I'm too the point where (and i just came in from there this instant)....i walk in,,, look around,, have a few thoughts... then take a deep breath,, and come back out here to read for inspiration.. then back again.. look out, see the sun, and realize there's a beautiful pool and hot tub 2 min. from here with shaded area to crochet under while chatting with wonderful friends... so NOTHING gets done... :0

I am going to intervene and catch that tomato Paula has aimed at Blondie and direct it to YOU - get in there and DO SOMETHING. Just a little bit will get you started. You have no idea how I wish I were closer. One of the things I love doing the very most is organizing things . . . I'm funny that way. And another funny thing about me - I figure if I can do it then anyone can and I have to sit back on my haunches and think before I realize there are people who don't have my talents and I sure as lands sakes don't have theirs . . .

janluna
July 30th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Sandy, you can come here and organize to your hearts content! Of course you'll have to stay for a really long time. I figure we'll spend days just talking and drinking coffee. lol
Blondie, hush child! I'm upset that it's August all ready.
As for conversations with my Joe.... goes like this: Janie, what did you buy when you went to quilt shops with the girls? Me: Just some needles this trip, Hon. Joe: When are you going to finish something dear? You have several projects going, where is my railroad wall hanging? Me: It's coming along Sweetie. (right along with the our money we are never going to have. I whisper) Joe: What did you say? Me: Nothing, I was talking to Tara(she's my bird). Joe: Tara what did Mommy say? Me: Tara, keep your beak shut or I'll see how good you are with dumplings. Tara: AAWAK???
I really need to get that dadburn wall hanging done! And his sister's quilt that I started a year ago for her birthday. I won an entire quilt top, plus pattern, 2 years ago. I haven't started it yet. I'm terrible!!! Guess I'd better stop typing or Sandy is going to throw that tomato at me!
I have to go finish making dinner. Thank goodness for crock pots! I've been cleaning and doing the wash all day. Even the blankets. Oye! Love you all, saying prayers for those in need, and Hugs for everyone, Jan L.