PDA

View Full Version : I promised myself the next JR that was DD, but . . .

RiverMomm
July 30th, 2012, 02:14 AM
The DD is a pretty jelly roll. Cute fabric, good price . . . but only 30 pieces. That's not enough for a jelly roll quilt, is it? I know, I know, I can and should use it for other types of blocks for quilts, but I am on a jelly roll ummm . . . roll.

I guess I will pass on the DD. But, I know as soon as I change my mind and decide to go for it, it will be sold out. Sigh. If they let us buy two for the DD price, I would jump on it. Guess I am cheap. Or frugal. Or really not needing fabric. Wanting fabric, but not really needing it.

This fabric thing is an addiction, don't let anybody fool ya!

HandsOffItsMine
July 30th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Yeah, I hate when the pre-cuts are way down in number than normal. What's worse is when some mfg quality control on cutting is off as well, especially on jelly rolls I'm finding that they are crooked. :icon_slap: 30 strips of Amy Butler at $20 - I'll have to leave it as well - I agree if we could by 2 at $20 each, I would do it too. :) Then at least I'd have enough to do something with it. lol

Genny
July 30th, 2012, 02:46 AM
I made a mistake with the first jelly roll I purchased not realizing that some have less strips in them then others and when I got done putting it all together was shocked to see that the quilt was pretty small and wondering why. Now I make sure when purchasing them to make sure they have around 40 pieces in them.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 30th, 2012, 04:34 AM
You could buy a half a yard of fabric in a solid that coordinates, and cut your own strips to put in between the prints. Then you could get the daily deal and still have a nice size jelly roll quilt top.

Sandy Navas
July 30th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Has anyone else noticed that Jean tends to be an enabler? Me? I'd buy the DD at the discount price and another of the same at the regular price. And two or three yards of a coordinating fabric, a couple templates or notions, several fat quarters, a couple charm packs, a layer cake and . . .

bobw103
July 30th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I'm right there with ya Sandy!

CrazyMtnLady
July 30th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Sandy and Jean you two are so thoughtful! LOL

Jean Sewing Machine
July 30th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Sandy and Jean you two are so thoughtful! LOL

Glad to oblige! And how convenient that they are offering a circle cutter with the email DD, for those who now want a new toy!

Lisaau
July 30th, 2012, 10:26 AM
rofl !!!! @ sandy and jean

Jean Sewing Machine
July 30th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Maybe Jean the Enabler should be my new moniker! Think Jenny and the MSQC gang will give me a commission? I'd just be getting my own money back! I could never work in a fabric store and bring home a paycheck, it would all come home as fabric.

RiverMomm
July 30th, 2012, 10:53 AM
When I read Jean's comment about the solid fabric, I thought, yeah, I could do that. But, I also would have to do what Sandy suggested to make it worth paying for the shipping to Canada (at least that is my excuse).

Now my firm no to the DD is wavering. Yeah, Jean AND Sandy are enablers!!

lilmouse
July 30th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Jean and Sandy are so funny; but it is true....when I buy from MSQC I have to make sure it is worth the shipping cost....mailman was @ my house Friday with the last DD I purchased along with coordinating yardage...and yes they are both enablers! Aren't they grand!

GrammaBabs
July 30th, 2012, 12:39 PM
perhaps this is why she's chucking out the old poly and other orphaned fabrics..... "out with the old,,, in with the new".... You go girl... because you are the generous wonderful person that you are.... you deserve it ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_wave:
Has anyone else noticed that Jean tends to be an enabler? Me? I'd buy the DD at the discount price and another of the same at the regular price. And two or three yards of a coordinating fabric, a couple templates or notions, several fat quarters, a couple charm packs, a layer cake and . . .

janluna
July 30th, 2012, 06:52 PM
LOL I love you guys!! And I would so do what Sandy said. Hugs, Jan L.

nurrsey
July 30th, 2012, 09:16 PM
I've noticed that Riley Blake precuts are always decreased in count from the others, like in half....and they have such cute fabric.

madampolo
July 30th, 2012, 09:29 PM
I don't think I have ever bought the DD without buying more stuff. Hard to buy just the daily deal at say $2 and pay $5 for shipping. I save things in my wishlist to order when I see a DD I would like to have. There haven't been many these days as I don't buy holiday things.

auntiemern
July 31st, 2012, 01:14 AM
The one lady I worked with at the 'clothing market' at bible school this past week did exactly that. Worked for a lady that paid them in fabric and notions. I could live with that, lol.
Maybe Jean the Enabler should be my new moniker! Think Jenny and the MSQC gang will give me a commission? I'd just be getting my own money back! I could never work in a fabric store and bring home a paycheck, it would all come home as fabric.