PDA

View Full Version : Asking for prayers for my nephew

BellasQuilts
July 29th, 2012, 09:37 PM
My sister had two boys. The youngest, now 27, has mental illness of some undefined type - deep depression. He refuses to go to see doctors, etc. He is a skilled and talented artist, but seems to have always dwelled on the darker side of life. After many, many difficult moments with him, which I won't go into, he moved out to live in a shed in someone's yard. It was a safe, albeit humble, place and it worked for him. Now, after an argument, he is out on the street who knows where. I love my nephew, but thoroughly understand that my sister can not bring him home to her house. First, they moved and the live in a condo that is too small even for them. Plus emotionally she wouldn't survive it. Please pray for him that he is safe out there and will find a permanent somewhere to be. We have offered but he won't come. He won't even answer phone calls. He's adrift and I can't even imagine my sister's anguish that her baby is living on the street. I don't know how to console her, I don't know how to help as it will not be accepted. All I know now to do is pray, and pray hard.

sewbizzy
July 29th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Prayers for your nephew and your entire family...this has to be so hard for you all...please know that we all care and will listen when you feel the need...
Hugs and blessings

BellasQuilts
July 29th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Thank you Carol. I can't even imagine her pain right now and I, as her sister, cannot fix it. Your prayers are very much appreciated.

MRoy
July 29th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Praying for your nephew and your family. May God keep him safe and guide him back to his family.

pcbatiks
July 29th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Will be keeping your sister, nephew and your family in my prayers.

auntiemern
July 29th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Such a sad story. Will pray that your nephew remains safe and can find his way back home. It is a scary world out there, but will pray his guardian angel will keep him safe. Prayers for you sis and entire family as well.

HandsOffItsMine
July 29th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Megan, prayers will be said for your nephew. Mental illness is such a touch illness when the patient doesn't feel that they aren't sick. I'm with Marilyn and hoping that an angel will be sitting on his shoulder, guiding him to make the right decisions. Hopefully he'll make a call to a family member real soon.

Huggers, Ruby

EnumclawGramma
July 29th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Pray and ask your quilting sisters to pray with you. And we are! Praying for you, your sister and her son. My heart goes out to you....this is a tragic situation, but I know God is listening!

SuzyQue
July 30th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Prayers added. I hear your pain and feel your sadness. I wish you peace.

lilmouse
July 30th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Adding prayers...we are going thru something similar her with my fiance's nephew as well.....prayers going out now.

Sandy Navas
July 30th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Uplifting prayers. It is so difficult to deal with these type upsets in life. May your family trust that he will find a place soon.

Bubby
July 30th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Megan, I will be praying for your nephew and the family. Sadly this is the catch 22 for many families. Barb

CrazyMtnLady
July 30th, 2012, 10:10 AM
My prayers have been added to all the others. I know it is hard but sometimes praying IS all we can do, because everything is in God's hands.

janluna
July 31st, 2012, 01:10 AM
Megan, We know what you are going through. My brother-in-law was on the streets for years. We tried to find him. No luck. If and when he called it was for money. We found out that he had a gambling problem. And he had developed a taste for alcohol. We got him help. He would refuse it and then disappear again. We could do nothing. Except wait and pray.
Prayers are being said for your nephew and your sister, and your family including you. I know how helpless you feel. Prayer is all you can do, besides just being there for your Sister. The amazing thing is David was an artist too. His paintings were like photos. His pencil drawings were also like photos. He was so talented. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

Blondie
July 31st, 2012, 05:49 AM
Megan, I can't think of anything that is more terrifying for most mothers to even think about than the unknown physical and mental well being of her children, regardless of age. He is being prayed for right this minute.

rebeccas-sewing
July 31st, 2012, 06:23 AM
Bella,

I'm so sorry for you and the family. I hope everything works out for him. I don't understand why he is so adamant about not getting help. Are you sure it's not drug-related? If so, he probably doesn't want doctors finding out that he has a drug problem. The two can often be confused. This happened to us with one of our daughters. We thought she was suffering from depression. We finally had her drug tested and discovered the root of the problem. She was a minor so we were able to influence her situation. Obviously, with your nephew, you can't control an adult. Heck, it's tough trying to have any control over a teen, especially an extremely rebellious one. I know how worried and afraid you are for his well-being. You're in my thought and prayers, Bella.

Rebecca

Divine Daisy
July 31st, 2012, 03:24 PM
mental health issues are so difficult and painful for both the sufferer and their families. I will keep him in my thoughts. Stay strong

Lonna
July 31st, 2012, 04:47 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, I hope this young man can find peace in his life.

meemeecyn
July 31st, 2012, 05:56 PM
Mental illness is such a difficult thing to understand. Megan, how awful for all of you to be going through this. May you get a bit of comfort by knowing that we care and that you all are in our thoughts and prayers.
Cynthia

BellasQuilts
July 31st, 2012, 10:57 PM
It is very comforting to know you are praying with me. It gives me strength and hopefully I can pass it on to my DS and SIL. I cannot thank you all enough for caring.

janluna
August 1st, 2012, 04:47 AM
No thanks needed Sweetie. Love you and praying for your nephew and your family. Hugs, Jan L.