PDA

View Full Version : Jean will appreciate working on this...costumes!

BellasQuilts
July 29th, 2012, 09:30 PM
DD#1 is at home as she sublet her place and just returned from a tour in Italy and New York. She is already busy starting on the upcoming ballet season. We, and I do not use this loosely, are working on the "vine women" costumes. This entails pinning little leaves all over the back train (that's my job) of the costume. She is going to sew them all on tonight. Since Jean works(ed) on costumes, i thought she would appreciate it.

sewbizzy
July 29th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Lots of sewing to be done...what a neat costume...

madampolo
July 29th, 2012, 09:46 PM
It is really pretty! You will need to post a picture of her when she has it on.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 29th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I would love to see it once it is finished! This is a job I would certainly delegate to someone who liked to hand sew, NOT ME!

I'm going to be working on Sweeney Todd soon, no more overnight quilts for a while.

BellasQuilts
July 29th, 2012, 09:52 PM
DD#1 doesn't wear them, she is the costume designer. The ballet dancers all look stunning in the stuff she makes. My children amaze me; they are so unique, and talented. Sigh. I'm proud.

auntiemern
July 29th, 2012, 10:46 PM
You have every reason to be proud. What a great momma you are to help her out.

Sandy Navas
July 30th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Every mother has reason to be proud! Don't you love it when your kids shine? Her costuming is fantastic and I would love to see pictures of the 'group' in full dress.

CrazyMtnLady
July 30th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I am sure they got their talent from you. What a beautiful costume and such hard work. I do not envy all the hand sewing to be done!