PDA

View Full Version : My Nephew

auntiemern
July 29th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Early Friday morning my nephew fell asleep at the wheel while driving home from work (3rd shift). He hit a tree doing 60mph. He has several facial fractures, and lacerations, bruised lung, and almost severed his ear. Plastic surgeon reattached his ear and sutured his facial lacs. They look really good. He is home now and on the mend. They are going to wait til the swelling goes down before they determine whether he will need surgery to repair any of the facial fractures. The car was totaled. Thank God his injuries were no worse than they were, and he was wearing his seat belt. He is upset, as am I, that the car is totaled. It was my mom's car that she had left to him. And he had been taking such great care of it. But he is ok and that is the most important thing. He is in a lot of pain in his face, and various other parts of his body. But he is a healthy young man, and will be fine.

Donna F
July 29th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Someone upstairs was watching out for him for sure. I'm glad he's ok but I'm still gonna say a prayer for him.

Bubby
July 29th, 2012, 04:09 PM
What a close call! He's lucky to be alive....! I'm adding him to my prayer list. Barb

rebeccas-sewing
July 29th, 2012, 04:45 PM
What a relief he survived it. Poor guy! I hope he mends quickly. It's a shame about the car but he is so incredibly lucky he's alive! What a blessing your nephew is still here.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 29th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Oh, I'm so glad that he survived that terrible crash. His guardian angel was working overtime that morning. Prayers for him for a speedy and full recovery.

janluna
July 29th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Prayers for healing going up! As a medic, I have to say, he is meant to do something here cause that kind of accident doesn't have this outcome often. He has been blessed. Hugs, Jan L.

SuzyQue
July 29th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Prayers added for a quick recovery. That 3rd shift is a difficult one to work...messes with your own body's clock.

pcbatiks
July 29th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Glad your nephew is home and safe. Hoping he has a quick recovery.

CrazyMtnLady
July 29th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Glad to hear he is doing better and is home. He is a lucky guy. prayers for a quick healing.

Genny
July 29th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Thank heavens he's going to be ok! This could have been much worse. Someone was definitely watching over him.

Sandy Navas
July 29th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks for keeping us up to date on his condition, Marilyn. He's still in my prayers. I pray for a speedy recovery. I'll bet your Mom was watching over him - easier to sacrifice her car than him.

BellasQuilts
July 29th, 2012, 09:31 PM
I agree with Sandy, your mom was watching over him. Praying for a speedy recovery and so glad to hear he is okay.

HandsOffItsMine
July 29th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Marilyn, we've been praying for him since you wrote about his accident. I'm so glad he's doing well, definately your Mom was watching over him and it was not his time to join her and God. He is one lucky young man. Yes it's upsetting about the car, but it's just a car and it can be replaced, his brain can't be replace nor can he as a whole.

Prayers will continue and give him a big hug from me. :)

Huggers, Ruby

sewbizzy
July 29th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Prayers going out his way...so glad it was not more serious...Hugs and blessings for your family...

auntiemern
July 29th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I do believe Mom was watching out for him. Someone sure as heck was. His lacerations are all on the left side of his face, and his right ear was the one that suffered the damage. We believe he fell asleep leaning on the drivers window, and was propelled between the window and steering wheel. His nose and the middle of his face were not injured at all. He is an amazingly brilliant young man. Certified genius, and member of MENSA. He is getting ready to start school, and will be majoring in physics I believe. I got to see him today, and he is doing very well. Very sore, but that is to be expected. As a whole, my family has been blessed by angels on more than one occasion. Thank you all my quilty friends for prayers and well wishes.

buckeyequilter
July 29th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Prayers that your nephew will heal quickly.

sewmuchjan
July 29th, 2012, 10:40 PM
So glad he is doing better and is at home..So glad he had an angel sitting on his shoulder..Prayers for a speedy healing.

Hugs, and Blessings,
Jan G.

auntiemern
July 30th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Could not agree more Sandy. I don't think at this time in my life I could deal with another tragedy.
Thanks for keeping us up to date on his condition, Marilyn. He's still in my prayers. I pray for a speedy recovery. I'll bet your Mom was watching over him - easier to sacrifice her car than him.

lilmouse
July 30th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Will keep him in prayer..he is definitely a lucky young man and has something in his future he is meant to do; otherwise he wouldn't be here today!