PDA

View Full Version : Sunday

Blondie
July 29th, 2012, 09:05 AM

Good Morning this Sunday, Folksies

Just getting home from Mom's where we did nothing last night except watch lifetime for women movies most of the night. We also had the expected popcorn and played a few games of rummy.
Now I am ready for a real cuppa. Mom only keeps decaf down there. I keep forgetting to bring some real kava for the real women of Fisher Hill Road to drink.

Off to see what y'all did yesterday. I am planning on doing nothing today. Really.

Prayers, hugs, blessings and loads of smiles for everyone here. Really.

toggpine
July 29th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Happy Sunday!

Just zipping through before I feed the critters, shower and head off for another fun filled day of emergency animal shelter training. It's going fairly well, but we appear to be missing a couple of essential documents and/or links to find them on our website. Yikes!

Have a great one and squeeze in some sewing!
Cathy

Ginny B
July 29th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Good Morning all. Blondie, sounds like you had a fun night last night. Love just chillin' and watching Lifetime movies. :) We watched the Olympics for a bit last night. Still haven't gotten to see the Opening ceremonies - too busy watching the events now.

DH had to go into work this morning for a few hours so I had an early start this morning (6a.m.). I have dinner all ready to go (made sauce, meatballs and a pan of baked ziti) then I cleaned up my mess from doing all that, fed my neighbors cat (and spent a little quality petting time with her) and then swept and washed the kitchen floor. Now I am up in my sewing room and ready to work on things. The problem is deciding what to work on. I think I should finish up the farm market shopping bag I started yesterday (it needs handles and I think I'm going to put a muslin lining in it) and then see what calls to me after that. Maybe that jelly roll race quilt that I've been wanting to do. I've got a jelly roll all ready and waiting to be used for it. DH will get off of work around noon so I've got a few hours now just for me. :)

Blondie, hope you really are relaxing and enjoying your cuppa real joe. I'll check in to see what everyone else is up to in a little while.

Ginny B

Monique
July 29th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Good morning everyone.

Hi ho hi ho, it's off to camp I go. All packed, just waiting for store to open so we can get ice, and then we're off. I did bring the baby quilt with me just in case.

I won't see you all until Wednesday. Have a great week. :icon_wave:

CrazyMtnLady
July 29th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Good Morning! Watch the Olympics until late, I was not heart-broken to see Phelps lose....He as become a bit arrogant and needed to be knocked down a peg or two. Congrats to Ryan Lochte! And I have to say congrats to the Aussie girls relay team also.

Did a bit of sewing yesterday. My neighbor gave me a bunch of Crown Royal bags and wanted me to make her a pillow. I washed them first, then got the trusty old seam ripper out and had a day of just taking them apart. I have the front done. I am not sure I am going to have enough left over baggage to make the back. She said she may have a couple more so I will have to see if I can get 2 or 3 more. I am using the side panels of the bags as sashing between the bag front/rectangles. I will post pictures later.

Going to watch Olympics today and sew! May go to one neighbors to see if she still wants a couple kittens (she wasn't home last weekend) and then stop at the neighbor who I'm making the pillow for to see if she has more bags.

Have a great day.
God Bless...prayers and hugs.

buckeyequilter
July 29th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Good morning....

Doing some laundry this morning and cutting fabric for mom's quilt....needed a break so I decided to check in and see what everyone is up to today.

Mom was going to church this morning and staying for the picnic afterwards. She told my sister that she didn't think she'd take her oxygen along...and my sister went into instant panic mode and told her "at least put it in the car so you have it, if you need it." I'm going to give mom a call this afternoon and see how she's doing.

Well back to it....everyone have a wonderful day. Prayers and hugs to all.

Bubby
July 29th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

DH let me sleep in today for a couple hours. We worked at the apartments again yesterday and think we are at the point we can take next weekend off. There's no sun this morning and rain is hanging over us. DH is weedeating around our culvert. When I get off here I'm getting on the mower to tidy up the front of the house. Molly is napping.

We watched the Olympics last night also. I was disappointed that Michael Phelps didn't congratulate his team member on winning the gold medal! I was also disappointed that he didn't attend the opening ceremony...poor form all around. The Aussie women's swim team was awesome!!!!

I have been working on my blocks for the Halloweenie group...really a fun block!

Monique, have a great time at camp! Blondie, I'm glad you have a day off to relax.

Prayers and hugs to everyone who needs them....Barb

CrazyMtnLady
July 29th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Barb, according to the radar looks like you may get some rain. The eastern side of the state is getting a good rain. NONE here :(

bakermom
July 29th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Watched Olympics off and on overnight. getting ready to turn my fair entries in then off to a ball game with the kids. Today is our 34th anniversary.

BellasQuilts
July 29th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Good morning, MSQC! Went and took dinner to DD and SIL. Got to hold my DGS for a while. I'm in love. DD#1 is here, back from her travels to Italy and NY. She sublet her place so can't go home yet. So, we get the pleasure of her company, can you tell I'm very happy? Today not much on the schedule. Just do a few chores and that's about it. Hugs to all, prayers for them as need them, and wishing all a very happy Sunday.

Sandy Navas
July 29th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Watched Olympics off and on overnight. getting ready to turn my fair entries in then off to a ball game with the kids. Today is our 34th anniversary.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Sandy Navas
July 29th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Hopefully will be sewing today. Other than that just enjoying my time here communing with friends. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

All the usual prayers and good wishes for my on-line friends.

lilmouse
July 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Hi All, hope everyone has a good day...I work in a couple of hours...my long day..finished a quilt top last night or rather early this morning....straightened up sewing room; getting ready for the next one...worked on some JR stars...made 2 of them...now have six and want to make 3 more and put together for a small lap quilt...or table topper....not much else going on...saying prayers for all that need them and hugs to all....now doesn't that feel good! :icon_wave:

middlesis1966
July 29th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent most of my day yesterday being a slug. I went up and spent some time with my mom and had a good time. She comes home Wednesday, but I'm not happy about that one. I understand that other then the foot surgery she had, she's in good healthy. She can't put any weight on that foot at all. This is why we wanted her to be in skilled nursing in the first place. She has to hop on one foot to go to the john and at her age thats not a good thing. She fell once while she went potty and its a good thing that there was an aid there to help. Well since my daughter isn't working at the moment, she is gonna stay with her at her house!

Well today I'm gonna unroot myself from the couch and go sew away the day. I've got a few UFO's that need to find there way outa my sewing room and to the places they belong. I also may try to dye some fabric for a few projects that I've got rolling around in my head. I've got some fundraising projects that I want to do for a walk I'm doing in Oct. I need to get that going as well. I also have decided its time to move forward with fundraising for BRCA awareness. It's something that a lot of people don't know about and I feel it's my duty as a BRCA+ woman to get the word out in our community so women will have knowledge about it. I was clueless about it the first time I had cancer. If maybe I knew more about the BRCA gene then I wouldn't have gone thru the second round at all. I'm not crying over spilled milk on this one. I just want others to know there are options out there when there is a high risk in their family who have had ovarian or breast cancer thats all!

Happy Day all! I'm gonna leave you this cause it's my mom's special verse! TODAY IS THE DAY THAT THE LORD HATH MADE! REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT!!!!

Madeforyouinma11
July 29th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Good afternoon everyone! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Bakermom! It's nice to see that most of you are either taking a well deserved day off or at least spending it in your sewing room today. I have a few things that I need to do and then I'll be in my sewing room too. I started to cut up some flannel into squares for a nice rag quilt. I also worked on some blocks for another quilt. I need to put black sashing on them so I might work on that today too. We got some rain yesterday and it looks a little gloomy out there today so I'm not sure if it will rain again. We are supposed to have some storms but we'll see. Well, it time to get off the couch, break is over... Good thoughts and prayers to everyone.

HandsOffItsMine
July 29th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Happy Anniversary Bakermom! Enjoy the day with your sweetie!

Feeling some what human after a horrible day with migraine and tension headaches. No pain meds worked and the porcelain T was my enemy all day. Needless to say, no sewing, putting away, painting, cleaning got done. :(

We had a morning cleansing of rain this morning at 6:30 am, smells nice and fresh with the patio doors open. Don had to wait and is just now (7:30) leaving for his morning walk to feed the wild dogs, cats, birds, chickens and maybe a pig or two. I'm sure he'll run into some folks along the way to yack with, he'll be gone for at least an hour or more. :)

Need to grocery shop, pantry is empty and it's hurricane season 'till November - got to get stocked up again. Hopefully have enough energy afterwards to get back to reorganizing/painting out the closet areas. Trying to use every square inch vertically we can, space is at a premium here. lol

Enjoy your Sunday all.

Huggers, Ruby

auntiemern
July 29th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Congrats Bakermom on your anniversary. So sorry Ruby that you had such a miserable day. Been there and is is no fun. You probably need to rest today, and give your body time to recover. Today I will be going to my little mans 3rd birthday party. Woke up this morning to rain. Yes it actually rained for a while here. May try to get some sewing in later today, but still battling lupus flare, so we will see. Hugs to all, and prayers for those in need. Have a blessed and safe day.

janluna
July 29th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Happy Anniversary Bakermom! Many more to come. I found out this morning that my cousin had a heart attack on Thursday. Thank Goodness she listened to her Medic training and got to the hospital quickly. The Docs said if she had waited, she wouldn't be here now. She said she had all the classic denials run through her head, like, maybe I'll go home and rest. It's probably the flu. And, I just don't feel good. We heard all kinds of denials when we both took calls. Finally, she told a co-worker she needed to go to the hospital. They took her to the local hospital and within a half hour she was sent to Strong Memorial's Cardiac Unit. The ambulance only took 19 minutes to get there. A trip that normally takes about 35 to 45 minutes to get there depending on traffic. God was really there for her. The docs said if she had waited even a half hour, she wouldn't have made it. They got emergency meds on board quickly. As soon as they hit Strong, they wheeled her into the OR and put two stints in. She has about 30% of her heart working now. After cardiac rehab, they are hoping she gets up to 60% back. Right now they are fighting getting her blood pressure up. They can't give her any of the drugs she needs until it comes up. I know all you prayer warriors will pray for her. Her name is Donna Parmalee. Thank you in advance. Hugs, Love, and Prayers, Jan L.

janluna
July 29th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Ruby Honey, please rest yourself. You are probably having headaches from the let down of all the stress you were having mainland side. I use to do that. As soon as the tension let up I would get hit with a blinger of a migraine. Not fun! I'm so sorry you are feeling bad. Rest Sweetie, the work will still be there when you feel better. And the paint fumes could bring the pain back. Love you and saying prayers for you. Hugs, Jan L.

Lonna
July 29th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Good Evening all,

Hope everyone has had a pleasant day. I know I have. Spent the day in my sewing room, started a new quilt top really likeing the way it looks. Got a few loads of laundry done was getting ready to start dinner when DH say's he would really like pizza for dinner. Not his normal idea for dinner. So no cooking tonight. Well off to cut up some more of Dear Hubby's old blue jeans as going to make a rag quilt out of his old jeans. Going to look to see if he has any old flannel shirts to use also. May go by the Second hand stores to find some other flannel shirts to use as backing. Have a great evening my friends.

NanaB
July 29th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Greetings, all. We have just returned from a visit to our middle daughter in Augusta, GA. We had a good visit with them, and we really enjoyed seeing the four-year-old. She has more energy than I have ever seen. Thank goodness my girls didn't seem to have that much energy when they were little. Hope everyone has had a good Sunday.

HandsOffItsMine
July 29th, 2012, 11:22 PM
TY all for your concern. I took your advice and took it easy and only did the grocery shopping. No painting, hopefully Don will do that on Monday for me. :)

Going to pull some Perle 8 floss to work on some cross stitch while I'm laying down on the sofa. Getting a bit antsy. lol

Armando2100
August 8th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Sunday is a great day and we have to take rest and give time to others on Sunday because this is only the day when we are free from every kind of office work and tensions so i like to Sunday this is great day for have a fun for every body....
Enjoy your Sunday...