PDA

View Full Version : Proud Granny? You bet :)

auntiemern
July 29th, 2012, 01:00 AM
This is my oldest DGD. She is 9 and quite adventurous. She is also one of the most creative little girls I have ever seen. She is an amazing artist, and has such a wonderful imagination. She is always making things for her American Doll out of things I would never think to use. Any way she was with me at Rhonda's this week. When I got the call about my nephews accident she decided she wanted to stay and go to the last evening of Bible School. She then decided she was going to stay until Sunday when Rhonda will bring her back home. She is having a great time with Aunt Rhonda, and today they went fishing out at the lake. She was the only one of the 3 of them (Rhonda, her DH, and my Nana Bug) to catch anything. Her Papa is big time fisherman, so with great pride, I show your her 'catch of the day'.

nurrsey
July 29th, 2012, 01:06 AM
What a cutie Marilyn!!

EnumclawGramma
July 29th, 2012, 01:44 AM
So cute! What a neat kiddo! Does she clean what she catches?

madampolo
July 29th, 2012, 01:46 AM
She is a darling. She reminds me of my son when he was her age. His grandparents took him fishing with a cane pole, and he accidentally threw it into the pond. There is a picture somewhere where he is standing by the pond and the pole is floating in the middle of the pond behind him. I hope your nephew is OK after his accident.

brook
July 29th, 2012, 02:04 AM
You're building memories that will stay with her forever! You have much to be proud of. : )

BellasQuilts
July 29th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Awwwwww. Shes adorable

K. McEuen
July 29th, 2012, 03:19 AM
She looks pretty proud of her catch too. Will she eat fish? I used to love going fishing with my cousins when I was a kid. Gene could filet a fish faster than anyone I ever knew.

Bubby
July 29th, 2012, 03:24 AM
She's really a cutie! That's great she loves to fish!! Bluegills are a kids best friend!

carolv
July 29th, 2012, 08:17 AM
How sweet!!!!

RiverMomm
July 29th, 2012, 08:58 AM
She is a cutie! And will remember fishing with her proud granny the rest of her life!!

I used to take my boys to Busch wildlife Santuary all the time to fish. They loved it.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 29th, 2012, 09:13 AM
So glad she had fun! I learned to fish when I was very young because my Grandpa loved to fish and I was the only grandchild he. Had. I'll bet her grandpa is really glad she likes to fish! She'll be pulling in the big ones with him before you know it!

And what happened to your nephew? I must have missed that, I sure hope he is doing OK.

pcbatiks
July 29th, 2012, 09:16 AM
It looks like your granddaughter had a fun day!

Blondie
July 29th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Not only is she a cutie pie, Marilyn, she also has a face with loads of expression. I betcha she has a great sense of humor, like her Granny

Hugs

This is my oldest DGD. She is 9 and quite adventurous. She is also one of the most creative little girls I have ever seen. She is an amazing artist, and has such a wonderful imagination. She is always making things for her American Doll out of things I would never think to use. Any way she was with me at Rhonda's this week. When I got the call about my nephews accident she decided she wanted to stay and go to the last evening of Bible School. She then decided she was going to stay until Sunday when Rhonda will bring her back home. She is having a great time with Aunt Rhonda, and today they went fishing out at the lake. She was the only one of the 3 of them (Rhonda, her DH, and my Nana Bug) to catch anything. Her Papa is big time fisherman, so with great pride, I show your her 'catch of the day'.

Monique
July 29th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Woohoo, girls rock!!!

CrazyMtnLady
July 29th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Looks like fun. I use to take my 2 daughters fishing when they were little and they loved it.

Did I miss a post about your nephew's accident? I hope he is okay.

sewbizzy
July 29th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Wow, how cute!! You can tell she is so proud...and rightfully so...she will always remember these times!

HandsOffItsMine
July 29th, 2012, 02:38 PM
She's a cutie pie for sure! Glad that she decided to stay with Rhonda. She looks so proud with her catch!!

Went fishing with my Opa in Amsterdam every week, was so much fun. He would tell me great stories of the days he was a waiter on the great ocean liners, the naughty things my dad did as a boy, etc. The only thing I didn't like catching...eels, they would climb up the line. Yuck, it was Opa's job to get those off! :)

auntiemern
July 29th, 2012, 02:48 PM
He fell asleep at the wheel on the way home from work Fri morning, and hit a tree. Several broken bones in his face, and ear was almost severed. Plastic surgeon stitched up his face and re attached ear. They are going to wait til the swelling is down to determine if they need to do surgery on any of his facial fractures. Angels were watching over him for sure, cuz to look at the car you would think his injuries would have been worse. He is home now and on the mend.
So glad she had fun! I learned to fish when I was very young because my Grandpa loved to fish and I was the only grandchild he. Had. I'll bet her grandpa is really glad she likes to fish! She'll be pulling in the big ones with him before you know it!

And what happened to your nephew? I must have missed that, I sure hope he is doing OK.

Klasien
July 29th, 2012, 03:16 PM
She is so pretty! Isn't that a great age, 9 years old.
Remember my oldest daughter begin 9 going 19.........

Enjoy her company, she will be making quilts with you before you know it.

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!

janluna
July 29th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Thank Goodness for seat belts!! Marilyn, your girl is so cute. Prayers being said for your nephew. Hugs, Jan L.