PDA

View Full Version : Heart Walk 2012-2013 Lowndes (Valdosta), GA

mandymae
July 27th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone.
Well the time has come, we are having a Heart Walk put on by the American Heart Association, and our Mended Little Hearts of South Georgia group will be at the front of the line, heading the walk this year :) This is something dear to my heart because as some of you may know, I have a 10 month old son who was born with a heart condition called Tetralogy of Fallot. I hate to ask for donations on here, but if there are any of you who would be willing to help donate even just $1 it would be put towards an amazing cause. Our teams fundraising goal for this year is $1000 and my personal goal is $150. Thank you to anyone who is willing to help.

Here's the link my personal page if you would like to give.
http://lowndesheartwalk.kintera.org/arae911d

Thanks!
<3 Amanda

Just for informative reasons, here's an image that depicts my son's heart condition:

And here's the little guy himself :)
(from Easter of this year)

rebeccas-sewing
July 27th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Amanda, My mother-in-law lives in Valdosta. My sis-in-law works at the University. Small world! Good luck with the donations. Your baby is darling!

lilmouse
July 27th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Your little guy is just adorable....just want to pick him up and give him a big ole hug

janluna
July 27th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Love the photo of your baby! What a cutie! I am so sorry he has this defect in his heart. It must be very scary for you. Good luck with the Heart Walk. I will check out the site you gave us.
Is there any repair they can make for him? Just wondered. God Bless you and your Son. I hope they find a way to help him. Hugs, Jan L.
P.S. I lived in Valdosta too. Out by Moody Air Force Base. Right next door, actually.

Kbaz0130
July 28th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Just donated! Good luck from AZ! :icon_hi:

mandymae
July 28th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Thank.you so much for the donation!
And also thanks everyone for the kind comments. He had corrective surgery when he was three months old. He's now 10 months old and most would never know there was anything ever wrong with him. :) he's doing well now but the doctors have told us to expect more surgeries in the future possibly when he's a teenager to replace the pulmonary valve.

mandymae
July 28th, 2012, 04:20 PM
And at rebeccas-sewing, my dad and I both work at the university also!! Talk about a very small world. :)

rebeccas-sewing
July 28th, 2012, 05:29 PM
It is a small world! Special thanks to the internet, right? I worked at UPenn in Philadelphia for a number of years. I really enjoyed working in that atmosphere.