PDA

View Full Version : Friday . . . WTF?

Blondie
July 27th, 2012, 06:00 AM

Good Morning, Folksies

Now before you start questioning my vocabulary, let me tell you a little story. Yesterday afternoon, I received a phone call from my Mom. Her left eye, which is her "bad" eye was hurting in a way that was different from a few weeks ago after it was first operated on. I called the eye guy and I hurried her over to the city. While waiting (forever) to get in the office, they had on the Ellen show. Ellen was sharing texts between parents and their children. And how parents are unaware of some abbreviations. As in the above. If you read it from my perspective and I hope you do, it is:
Friday . . . Where's The Fun? I couldn't resist. Some of the acronyms were hilarious. Like "Great Aunt Bess died. LOL" What is so funny? It isn't. The writer meant it to read Lots of Love. hehehe.
Anyhoo, Mom's eye is fine, just some inflammation in her eyelid that has been caused by dry eyes. Oy. Sis stayed home. So it was just me and the old gal. We still had a good time. I did not get home until after 8 pm - terrible traffic because of road work. Now I remember one reason I moved out of the city all those years ago.

Okay, so we've established it's Friday. And now I am in search of where the fun is going to be? Are you gonna be where it's happening? Hey now, I am going to be trying to shake my bootie about mid morning when I start feeling the morning slump. That is when these two generally show up:

It's all down hill from there.

LOL and LOL folksies, if you get my meaning.

Blessings, prayers and more to each one here.

rebeccas-sewing
July 27th, 2012, 06:28 AM
LOL to you too, Blondie!

Well, the Olympics are here! Joe and I are such slugs! People have come from miles away to watch the torch moving around the streets of London. We couldn't get our lazy carcasses in gear to hit the streets and check it out. Watching the BBC and seeing thousands of people out there confirmed my reasons for complacency. Sunday is our big day to head to Earl's Court for the Volleyball Quarter Finals. I'll try to post some pics when it's all said and done.

The top is done to my Bargello quilt. All of a sudden it dawned on me that I have nothing for backing that I would want to use. Off to shop. I may have to wait for a visit to the states. :(

Loonwatcher
July 27th, 2012, 07:20 AM
LOL Blondie! Funny story! Glad your mom's eye is okay.

We are going to camp for a work weekend to get it ready for friends who rent it for all of August. I'll miss going but it helps pay the taxes. And we are going to Alaska mid-month anyway so the month will fly by.

Speaking of Alaska... I've been going to PT for a couple weeks to treat plantar fasciitis (sp?) and sciatic pain. Finally had foot X-rays and they show large and small bone spurs causing the pain. My therapist says that explains a lotas I have high arches and shouldn't have plantar fasciitis. I just worried I'm going to be in pain all vacation; I plan on doing a lot of walking. Therapist doesn't usually recommend cortisone shots but in this circumstances he does for comfort reasons. Problem all the podiatrists and oethopedists are scheduling in sept. and oct. I can walk fine once I get the first few steps out but I really pay for it later. I guess I'll just have DH refill his pain meds (he's recovering from shoulder surgery) and I'll snitch one of those in the evening if I need to.

Have a great day!

quilter.martha
July 27th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Morning to you all! I'm a sleepy girl this morning and will be wanting that nap today. We picked my father up at the Boston airport last night and didn't get home until after midnight. 5 hours of sleep is definitely not enough for me to function on. But, we're looking forward to a nice visit with my dad. This is the first time he's been out in over 4 years and his first trip without my mom. It feels different already. Oh how I miss her. Don't expect to get any sewing done while he's here, but I have some hand work I can work on instead. I know there's going to be naps in chairs (he's almost 88) so I prepared for some things to do during those times.

Monique
July 27th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Good morning fine people. Blondie, glad your mom is okay.

Nancy, hope you get some relief for your feet.

Rebecca, we will probably watch the opening ceremonies this afternoon. Hope you have a great time on Sunday.

Martha, enjoy the time you have with your father.

I took all your suggestions for the DP9 I am making and added a solid border separating the border and the quilt. What a difference. Thank you all.

I will put the last two borders on that quilt today and maybe get it sandwhiched. I have not decided how to quilt it yet. I need it by the Aug. 12th, so I may just do cross-hatch or just straight lines on the machine. I don't think I have time to hand quilt it. I also need to lay out all my blocks for the dresden plate and get those sewn together.

Tonight I am taking a friend with me and we are going to the sale that is on in town. She is selling ALL her quilting stuff and machines too. Might get a good deal. We will see.

That is about all I have for today. The weather has cooled dramatically but the warm weather will return for our holidays at the camp.

Have an awesome day, my quilty friends.

quiltingtrish
July 27th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Happy Friday everyone~~

I am meeting up with Panda today at the Hershey Quilt Show!!! I am going with some other friends and even though we usually start out together, we end up somehow splitting up as we wander through the vendors. Anyways, it will be nice to meet up with Panda.

Looks like rain so better throw a small umbrella in the bag. If I don't, my purchases could get wet. I don't bother much about me anymore - I won't shrivel and run.

Have a great day everyone.

Glad your mom's eye wasn't a major thing Blondie. Keeping her in my prayers.

Hugs,

buckeyequilter
July 27th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Good morning....

LOL to all of you!

Blondie - glad there is nothing serious wrong with your mom's eye.

Martha - I hope you have a wonderful visit with your dad.

Monique - I hope you find an awesome deal at the sale.

Trish - have fun at the quilt show.

I have plans to work on Mom's quilt tonight (well...all week-end). I made the first block last night and cut and made some 4 patches - so I can start putting more blocks together tonight. I need to get my sewing room put together since I moved it - maybe I should do that first so I'm not falling over everything or searching all over for it.

Well I'd better get some bills paid...have a wonderful day everyone. Prayers and hugs to all.

LynneLeavell
July 27th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Blondie - glad your moms eye is ok. Hope you have a good day.

Rebecca hope you have fun on Sunday.

Nancy - hope you get comfort for your feet and hope you are able to enjoy your vacation.

Trish hope you have fun at the quilt show.

We had a rough night last night. My DIL had a real bad head ache on Wednesday and by 3:30 yesterday it wasn't any better so her mom took her to the ER and they admitted her last night with Meningitis. (SP?). So needless to say my son was upset because he wasn't there with her he was at home with there 14 month old son and she was scared. So neither on of them got any sleep hardly. I think they talked on the phone all night. Her mom has the baby today so my son can go to work. I'm the only one in the office today to answer the phones or trust me I would be with them as well. So we are going down to my sons tonight so the older two grandsons can keep the youngest one entertained and let my son go to the hospital and spend some time with Alise. She is only suppose to be in the hospital for two days so hopefully they caught it fast enough. Any way keep her in your prayers.

Everyone have a great day. As Blondie says LOL and LOL!

Bubby
July 27th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Good Morning...

Blondie, loved your post and glad Mom's eye is on the mend.... Monique, glad you figured out what to do with that darling baby quilt!... Martha, have a wonderful visit with your Dad...Nancy, I feel your pain as I have a similar issue. I hope you keep trying to find a doctor for the shot so you can really enjoy your trip to Alaska... Trish, Lucky girl gets to go to a quilt show!

We will be working this weekend. We had a l-o-n-g day yesterday finding and repairing a leaking water line inside a kitchen wall in one of the apartments. We had to remove most of the base cabinets and the dishwasher. It was a nightmare. We got home after 9:00 last night and had been there since early morning.

I hope you all have a great weekend...I will be resting up today to get ready for tomorrow.

Hugs, Barb

nurrsey
July 27th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Ok Blondie, thought you went rogue on us! Today I finish the 'Cut & Curl' quilt for my daughter with the brain tumor. She had a brain biopsy this week and we are waiting for the results now.

Have a great Friday everyone!!!

cyndiofthevortex
July 27th, 2012, 09:47 AM
We finally have a bit of rain here, much needed rain. It sounds so nice hitting the porch roof.

Yesterday we said goodbye to foster son Kyle and at 6:30 am there arrived three new children ages 7, 4 and 3. Life is an adventure! Plans for the playground and picnic are put on hold because of the weather so I might lay a blanket down on the living room floor and hope there are no spills. Can you give a 7 year old a sippy cup? I don't think so.

Work on my wonky star quilt is planned for today but plans often go awry when new children are in the house. But I am taking a nap whether they want to as well, because I have a cool new homespun quilt to snuggle under.

Sandy Navas
July 27th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Everyone showed up today with their baskets full of things. I'll repeat all the messages above and send all the prayers. I have added both Jeanette's and Lynne's daughters to my list. And for those who have not mentioned the need, you are there, too.

I begged out of part of my commitments for today but still need to honor the judging for 4H tonight. I didn't realize when I volunteered that they would be working from 6 until 10 or 10:30 p.m. That's way past my bedtime.

I told Al this morning that I sure wish I could crawl back in bed and just sleep. Sleep. Sleep. I wonder if that comes from burning the candle at both ends most of my life?

WTF to everyone, and LOL.

Lonna
July 27th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

So much sickness and sadness my heart,thoughts and prayers are with all. Just another work day here I am in such a rut. Wish I could find away out. Maybe in four years when my home is paid off I can think about working part time and not six days a week. Being the soul breadwinner is beginning to take a toll on me. But I must be strong and carry on. Looking forward to 2:00 tomorrow afternoon when I will be off for the rest of the weekend. I am hoping to finish a quilt for my mother-in-law.

Wishing everyone a day filled with peace and love.

Lisaau
July 27th, 2012, 10:32 AM
(((((((((Sandy and everybody)))))))))))..........I hope you will be ok Sandy l understand the wanting to sleep all the time ...When l do sleep its really heavily and deeply but l cant seem to quench the tiredness.....and the pain isnt helping either

Quiltlover
July 27th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Jeanette,
Read your post and I just have to share this info....hoping you won't need it.
My DIL is recouping from brain surgery....not saying your daughter is needing it and I hope all tests for her turn out well.
But, just to let you know in case, my son and family just moved to Raleigh, NC, and then my DIL's doctor in AL found that she had a brain tumor...turned out to be a cyst. She had surgery at DUKE in Durham two weeks ago and then found out that she had been treated by the best neurosurgeon in the U.S. Keep that in mind if it is helpful info for you.
Saying a little prayer for your DIL.
Brenda

Jean Sewing Machine
July 27th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Blondie, I guess I've read FaceBook for too many years to not be unsettled by WTF. Seems that it has become part of the vernacular, especially for those under 50, and now I find it creeping into my vocabulary, but ONLY WHEN I'M ALONE! Not nice for Gramma to say those kinds of things!

Hope you have FUN FRIDAY, and find out Where's the Fun! We older folks have to be careful when we latch on to the young people's talk, they don't think anything of it, but our mothers would NOT BE AMUSED if they heard us talking like that! And you see your mom every day, she would definitely not like it!

Have fun with the ladies at the salon! I see them waiting under the dryer for you! I got mine done yesterday, FINALLY! My darling hairdresser came back from a 2 week vacation in Europe on Wednesday night, and called me and got me in as his first customer after his vacay! He wasn't even upset that I had a date with Miss Clairol while he was gone, to turn back the hands of time because I couldn't stand the "skunk stripe" on my scalp! I'm properly clipped and dipped now!

Jess1377
July 27th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Well, I havent chimed in here yet but always enjoy (always!) enjoy reading your posts Blondie and everyone else's posts about their days (you ladies always warm my heart). I'm just not sure when to jump in and say boo! I thought well why not today cause I actually have something going on this weekend and have a moment this morning to post this. Anyhoo... I can tell a bit about myself and let you know about my upcoming weekend too. Today my family and I are traveling to OKC today (oklahoma city) for a retreat. I am a proud army wife of 11 years and going strong (am an army vet myself of 6 years) with a smart exuberant 9yo DS. (maybe I should post a pic or two of the family?) So, as I stated above we are going away for a retreat this weekend to OKC and it is actually an army program known as a marriage retreat which is a chaplains program called strong bonds. This is a program where couples can have some fun time together, take classes (like about communication, relating to one another), childcare is provided and the kids have fun, and at the end of it there is usually a vow renewal. My husband and I were able to go to one before a few years back, in 2008 after his 1st deployment, and it was really nice. An opportunity to get back in touch with one another again after well, a rough deployment and really reconnect. We werent able to go after his 2nd deployment but we have always had a strong relationship anyway, so either way, I am sure we will be fine, but am glad we get to go to this one! On Sunday, if we have enough time we will go to the OKC 1995 bombing memorial as well. It is only about 5 - 10 minutes away from the hotel we will be at.

This has been such a busy busy busy summer this year!!Not enough time to sew and I swear I have been making bib's and burp cloths for my niece all year long (well not literally) and would love to get them done before she is in pre-k! I have 2 more bibs and one more burp cloth to do. Though I do have good motivation to get them done faster now cause I really want to start making the crazy halloween blocks going!

LOL everyone!!! :icon_wave: Enjoy your weekend!

*Nurrsey~ I hope the biopsy results come back swiftly and that results are benign~ my prayers are with you!*

Jean Sewing Machine
July 27th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Happy Friday everyone~~

I am meeting up with Panda today at the Hershey Quilt Show!!! I am going with some other friends and even though we usually start out together, we end up somehow splitting up as we wander through the vendors. Anyways, it will be nice to meet up with Panda.

Looks like rain so better throw a small umbrella in the bag. If I don't, my purchases could get wet. I don't bother much about me anymore - I won't shrivel and run.

Have a great day everyone.

Glad your mom's eye wasn't a major thing Blondie. Keeping her in my prayers.

Hugs, Hope you gals have a great time at the quilt show. It was so fun for me to meet Rhonda (RFREE) at the Paducah quilt show, we had a great day together!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 27th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Jeanette,
Read your post and I just have to share this info....hoping you won't need it.
My DIL is recouping from brain surgery....not saying your daughter is needing it and I hope all tests for her turn out well.
But, just to let you know in case, my son and family just moved to Raleigh, NC, and then my DIL's doctor in AL found that she had a brain tumor...turned out to be a cyst. She had surgery at DUKE in Durham two weeks ago and then found out that she had been treated by the best neurosurgeon in the U.S. Keep that in mind if it is helpful info for you.
Saying a little prayer for your DIL.
Brenda

OH, my gosh! My husband had a brain tumor and was treated in St. Louis, TWICE! His tumor came back, and THEN we then found out about Duke and Dr.Friedman. We contacted him to see if he could help my husband, but he couldn't because of the damage the chemotherapy had done to my hubbys blood system. I'm so glad she got to go there and get the best treatment. I'd tell anyone to go there first, if only we had known.

I sure hope the person who had this surgery recovers well and returns to health soon. My prayers are with you all.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 27th, 2012, 11:14 AM
We finally have a bit of rain here, much needed rain. It sounds so nice hitting the porch roof.

Yesterday we said goodbye to foster son Kyle and at 6:30 am there arrived three new children ages 7, 4 and 3. Life is an adventure! Plans for the playground and picnic are put on hold because of the weather so I might lay a blanket down on the living room floor and hope there are no spills. Can you give a 7 year old a sippy cup? I don't think so.

Work on my wonky star quilt is planned for today but plans often go awry when new children are in the house. But I am taking a nap whether they want to as well, because I have a cool new homespun quilt to snuggle under. I've threatened my 8 year old grandson with a sippy cup because he manages to spill his drink every time he eats here. Oh well, Grandma has spilled hers a time or two also, so who am I to criticize?

CrazyMtnLady
July 27th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Good Morning to all. Prayers and hugs to all those in need also.

Yesterday strated off on the wrong foot with a HUGE spat with DH! But it ended up on a pretty good level. We had to go to town to do some banking and send off a package at the Post Office and then it was off to Springfield. Sure was a quiet ride! DH had to take his NEW glasses back because they were not right. We went to Harbor Freight and then to the glasses place. (We will not be using Eyemasters/Visionworks again)! We had a 3 hour wait before we could get the glasses so we walked the mall. DH must have been feeling guilty from the morning spat because he made me buy a new pair of everyday shoes (I really hate shoes and hate to buy them) And then he bought me a dress (I only wear them around the house) it has an elastic type tube top and a to the floor bottom. I love it. We bought some incense to burn in a variety of scents and a couple bluegrass CDs. We went out to eat and went grocery shopping. DH even helped haul the groceries into the house, which doesn't happen all the time. Oh, and he bought me an Aloe plant! I am one happy camper this morning!
I didn't do any "quilting" shopping. I figure I didn't want to press my luck and there wasn't anything I absolutely needed.

I am determined to make today a good day. I have some groceries to put away this morning. It was after 11:00pm when we got home, so I just shoved the perishables in the fridge and left the other stuff for today. I am not going to argue, I am going to smile at him all day and make him think I'm up to something....:icon_heh:

Have a great day.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 27th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Good Morning to all. Prayers and hugs to all those in need also.

Yesterday strated off on the wrong foot with a HUGE spat with DH! But it ended up on a pretty good level. We had to go to town to do some banking and send off a package at the Post Office and then it was off to Springfield. Sure was a quiet ride! DH had to take his NEW glasses back because they were not right. We went to Harbor Freight and then to the glasses place. (We will not be using Eyemasters/Visionworks again)! We had a 3 hour wait before we could get the glasses so we walked the mall. DH must have been feeling guilty from the morning spat because he made me buy a new pair of everyday shoes (I really hate shoes and hate to buy them) And then he bought me a dress (I only wear them around the house) it has an elastic type tube top and a to the floor bottom. I love it. We bought some incense to burn in a variety of scents and a couple bluegrass CDs. We went out to eat and went grocery shopping. DH even helped haul the groceries into the house, which doesn't happen all the time. Oh, and he bought me an Aloe plant! I am one happy camper this morning!
I didn't do any "quilting" shopping. I figure I didn't want to press my luck and there wasn't anything I absolutely needed.

I am determined to make today a good day. I have some groceries to put away this morning. It was after 11:00pm when we got home, so I just shoved the perishables in the fridge and left the other stuff for today. I am not going to argue, I am going to smile at him all day and make him think I'm up to something....:icon_heh:

Have a great day.

And I'll bet you look lovely in your new dress and shoes, and ready to cook him up something delicioius! Have a great day! Did you guys get rain yesterday?

nurrsey
July 27th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks to all for the prayers, the waiting is the hardest part (hmmm think that is a Tom Petty song). Brenda thanks so much for telling me about the cyst, that makes me hopeful!

Madeforyouinma11
July 27th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Good morning/afternoon everyone! Good thoughts, prayers and hugs to everyone experiencing difficulty today. Blondie, that is hilarious, and I'm glad mom is doing well. I was up very late last night working on quilting my first quilt. It was really fun and I have received great comments and great tips for the next one. Today is still very humid and we did not get the rain and thunderstorms that we were supposed to get last night, but they say today so we will see. I have only a few things left to do around the house so I'm hoping to get into the sewing room again today. That is it for now. Here's wishing everyone a wonderful day... :icon_bigsmile:

HandsOffItsMine
July 27th, 2012, 02:03 PM
LOL and WTF ... what a way to start my morning. :D

Blondie, Glad Mom's eye is ok. By the way, love the look she gave you when you took her photo the other day. hehe

Prayers for everyone in need, scary when our children have emergencies like that and when we're waiting for results. Our SIL Matt is in and out on a regular basis and has caused the increase of gray hairs coming in. I so need my roots touched up. I need to join Blondie's gals at the dryers.

My place looks like a bomb went off. The Towers HOA renewed a new contract with Oceanic Time Warner, 2 new HD/DVR boxes per unit for free and Internet for $23.95 - wonderful. Called on Wednesday, as we were gone, originally the OTW Tower rep said 08/23 per the computer. Oh but my David was going to "Talk Story with Supervisor" to see if he could get someone out sooner. Got a call the next morning on Thursday, 8 am, if I'm in today, it can be installed. Yea Hoo "Sure". Well, the old cable needed to be replaced and we had flipped the room around so that we could see the ocean from the sofa. Down goes Michael our installer to get white cable and on a roll, not black (clipped already as he brought up) plus a short ladder. So much for an easy install he's thinking. He was a great guy though, had a lot of fun learning Pigeon - he's Phil/Hawaiian married to a Haole/White gal from Penn/Dutch. Beautiful girl and their 3 keikies/kids are gorgeous. Michael loves all things old, he had fun looking at my Delfts Blue and my Oma's wall clock.

Anywhooo, had to move everything away from the walls to get cable ran, a challenge since our walls are concrete and the window walls are alumnium framed. Luckily Don the engineer, used inserts so Michael could use those along with ties behind the curtain rods to get them up. 1 1/2 hours later and several bottles of water we're set with new equipment and a new internet modem. Gave 10s across the board on the phone survey after left. Nice to have great service for a change.

Had to reset my Wireless Router as we been using a Sprint HotSpot, now I can cancell that expense - save myself some $. Got the router to work on the first try, always a Good Thing as Martha says. :) All the laptops and Desktops could find the Wireless Network - this morning chore will be to hook up the wireless printer to the network. :( I might have to open the manual.

Now to pull out the Swifter and dust off the stuff as I put it the house back in order. Man I wish there was a Dust Fairy around. :)

janluna
July 27th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Hello all my quilty family! Looks like prayers are needed all over the place. I said some for each of you and your family as I read the posts. My prayer list is ever longer! Please say prayers for Mary. She is terminal. She is a quilty person too. Also, for her Son David, as he will be alone when his Mom passes. I wish they would come home, where I could be there for them. Mary is only 58 and David is in his 20's but to be alone in the world is just so wrong. I hope they come home. They are in Minnesota right now.
Emily is in limbo. Her ANC has dropped to 600 again. She is not transfusion dependent though, so she is just hanging in there. The Doctors in all three hospitals are saying she is "Unique" and this is an "Unusual" case. All this and as they are talking, they shake their heads, saying they have "never seen this before." I said, "maybe God is healing her very slowly." Just to show the Doctors that He alone has control. Amen.
I will continue praying for everyone, for healing and answers to all our problems. We all need rain around here as in everywhere west of us. We had a tornado touch down in Elmira, NY. yesterday. It did quite a bit of damage. We don't get them often, and they aren't as bad as they get in the mid-states and the south. I still don't like them!!! They have been coming more often though and getting bigger. All of our weather patterns are changing and/or getting more violent. Anyone up for REVELATIONS!! Not me! That is one scary book! :icon_scared:
Hoping everyones day is a good one. LOL and prayers and hope for some giggles too. Hugs, Jan L.

Bubby
July 27th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Jeanette...My prayers are definitely going out for your daughter and you. I'm praying for a good report...Hugs, Barb

CrazyMtnLady
July 27th, 2012, 04:44 PM
We did not get enough rain at our place to form a good spit! My neighbor called me while we were in Springfield and said she had just gotten home and there was no electricity. I called my other neighbor and he said we didn't get hardly any rain but it was sure windy and it could have blown a limb over the lines somewhere.
The electricity was back on when we got home.

phoots
July 27th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Hello everyone! I think my depression is taking over this week. I haven't worked all week and I've done only what my BF asks me to do. The rest of the time I sit and watch TV. I don't quilt. I don't crochet. I could do either because I've got multiple projects going on. I sit in front of the TV and play solitare on my iPhone. That's the extent of my day. I take medication for depression but sometimes it just overwhelms me and I just can't get myself going. I told my BF that I'll be going to a place called Job Connect on Monday. And then Friday there is a Career Workshop that I'll attend.

My ex husband is on a 6 week trip driving to Alaska. He has a group of people that he sends emails to, I'm one. This is a trip I've always wanted to do so I'm living vicariously through him right now! He's been sending great pictures. Today he enters Canada. I can't wait for those pictures!!!

Love you all!

Pam in Vegas

lilmouse
July 27th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Pam, I fight with depression also and have learned a few things.....first thing in morning...absolutely must make bed and get dressed...including hair and makeup....even if it is just blush...and then do something...do not turn on tv....do dishes, clean a closet...something...just one thing a day...sometimes it becomes contagious and you do more...sometimes not....but you can feel better about yourself because you accomplished something...! Hope this helps...have been on antidepressants for years..hate it but hate more not having the meds....keeping you in prayer!

auntiemern
July 27th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Wow, lots going on with everyone today. Prayers being sent to those in need. Blondie, was shocked when I first saw your post. Was thinking, this ain't right. Ha ha then I read it. Glad your mom is ok. Didn't plan on coming home til tonight after bible school, but got wake up call this morning. To begin with I am NOT a morning person. Niece is currently living in mom's house behind Rhonda. Sis Mary called and needed me to bring my niece home as soon as I could, cuz my nephew had been in auto accident. DGD did not want to miss the last night of bible school, but didn't want to stay at Rhonda's til Sunday (Bubby's birthday), so Have to drive half way tonight to pic her up after Bible school. Nephew is doing good considering. Fell asleep on the way home from work this morning, and hit a tree doing 60mph. Several facial fractures on left side of face, right ear had to be re attached (not completely severed) but barely hanging on. Bruised lung, and some friction burns from the seat belt, but could have been a lot worse. Totalled mom's car (she left it to him) in the process. So day did not start out well. Am home for a while, and later have to drive about an hour one way to go pick up DGD. Hoping this coming week will be better. But on a positive note, my handsome little man is turning 3 on Sunday, which in itself is a blessing. Prayers and hugs.