PDA

View Full Version : What is a "user note"?

quiltingtrish
July 27th, 2012, 12:47 AM
My 1st thought was it was private notes to myself. But if you click on someone elses name and check their profile, theirs comes up too and anyone can read them. Any ideas?

Hugs,

madampolo
July 27th, 2012, 01:36 AM
It's where you put your innermost thoughts. Then, when someone mentions them, you know they have been snooping!

Genny
July 27th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Wheres the "User Note"?

quiltingtrish
July 27th, 2012, 08:47 AM
If you click on your name (or anyone else's name) - under your picture there it says 'user notes'.
I like your answer Joyce. :)

Hugs,

Jean Sewing Machine
July 27th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I just wrote a user note for how to make a jelly roll quilt wider. A lot of people have asked that question and I've written it a bunch of times, now, they can just look at my user note. Thanks Trish for bringing this up, I never even noticed that before!

buckeyequilter
July 27th, 2012, 08:52 AM
I like Joyce's answer :)

Bubby
July 27th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Do you know that if you click on the name above an avatar picture of a member you can send that person an email, message or view their profile! How did I not know this???

madampolo
July 27th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I read Jean's User Note and think that is an excellent place to put something like that. (Uh, oh. Now you know I snooped!)

cyndiofthevortex
July 27th, 2012, 10:44 AM
So now we should all come up with interesting user notes? Can I write down what kind of presents I want? You know, if anyone has something laying around that they don't want... I'll go and try it and see if it works.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 27th, 2012, 10:53 AM
So now we should all come up with interesting user notes? Can I write down what kind of presents I want? You know, if anyone has something laying around that they don't want... I'll go and try it and see if it works.

OK, Cyndi, what do you want for Christmas? No, we won't be able to all chip in and get you a Gammill long arm or a Janome 12000, at least not this year. We know you've been incredibly good and share with others, we will share with you. It is good that this topic was brought up, because I was getting tired of writing out how to make the jelly roll quilts bigger over and over again!

CrazyMtnLady
July 27th, 2012, 11:30 AM
This is too funny. Now we will all be "snooping" each other... I will have to think of something clever to say.

buckeyequilter
July 27th, 2012, 11:46 AM

Green is a nice color LOL

Quilting Queen
July 27th, 2012, 12:34 PM
OK, you guys made me go look. Now I know how to make my jelly roll quilt larger.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 27th, 2012, 12:36 PM
OK, you guys made me go look. Now I know how to make my jelly roll quilt larger.

Just in case too many jelly rolls for breakfast makes you need a wider jelly roll quilt!

Genny
July 27th, 2012, 02:27 PM
If you click on your name (or anyone else's name) - under your picture there it says 'user notes'.
I like your answer Joyce. :)

Hugs,

Thanks Trish, After all this time I'm still finding new things on this forum. Now that I know its there I'll probably be nosing around...:lol:

auntiemern
July 27th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I find this entire thread rather amusing, lol. Personally have never written any user note, so nothing to snoop at :D

Monique
July 28th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Y'all made me chuckle.

K. McEuen
July 30th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Do you know that if you click on the name above an avatar picture of a member you can send that person an email, message or view their profile! How did I not know this???

You've led a sheltered life Barb, that's how.

Linda06
July 30th, 2012, 09:31 PM
My 1st thought was it was private notes to myself. But if you click on someone elses name and check their profile, theirs comes up too and anyone can read them. Any ideas?

Hugs,

No man has ever been shot while doing dishes! lol