PDA

View Full Version : A heartfelt Thank-you to MSQC and Janluna

Laura108
September 4th, 2010, 12:56 AM
My name is Laura Hinckley and I have to say a huge thank you to Missouri Star Quilt Co because of you I found an incredible friend Janluna. I love your tutorials and all the helpful hints here but also I found you at a time in my life where its all falling apart for me. My mother had been on hospice for about 2 years...these last few weeks have been incredibly painful and mind altering. Jan became a friend and lifeline for me. We began emailing then texting. Some days I would not of made it thru if it hadnt been for her encouraging words. My mother passed away August 14th. Jan's kindness and thoughtfulness will be forever remembered and treasured. Your site is not just for quilting its for amazing friendships that will last a life time. If you ladies ever doubt ...or need words of encouragement when feeling overwhelmed this is the best place on the internet for caring and sharing.
Jan I love you....and I look forward to our friendship lasting thru the next 50 years or so. You are a godsend.
Laura Hinckley.

janluna
September 4th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Aww, Honey you are too sweet. I love you too.

shell.scraps
September 4th, 2010, 11:09 AM
How sweet! I'm sorry to hear about your mom....but am so happy you have found such a great friend here!!

Texsam
September 4th, 2010, 05:54 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I'm glad you found this site and Jan. I agree she is very kind.

middlesis1966
September 4th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Thanks Jan for being there! Im sorry to hear about your mom, and Im glad that you had somone there to help you thru this.

hillbilly
September 4th, 2010, 11:28 PM
It is amazing the friendships and help that the internet has been for so many people. I am glad that you found comfort and someone to lean on through this wonderful sight. And hats off to you Jan, for being there when she needed it!

Laura108
September 4th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Thank you for the condolences and also the new friendships...advice and learning.
What an incredible site :)

Shirley
September 8th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Laura,
I am so sorry to hear about your dear Mother. It is a great loss. I lost my Mom 5 years ago and I miss her every day! She was a sweetheart!
Thinking of you, Shirley

quiltingtrish
September 8th, 2010, 09:32 PM
So sorry to hear about your Mom. I've lost my mom 6 years ago to Parkinson's and still miss her every day.
Jan and I have been messaging too and she is such a DEAR! I love her already and we've only met just recently here on this board. We'll have to hold on to her together, she is one special lady.

I'm thankful for this board - it looks like it's building lots of special relationships all around.

Hugs,