PDA

View Full Version : My Wednesday so far with my grandsons

cyndiofthevortex
July 25th, 2012, 12:20 PM
After giving Will and Jon a snack I went upstairs to get dressed for the day. Up there only a minute, I hear Jon at the bottom of the stairs. "Grammie, I'm sorry I broke your glass!" I came down and cleaned up all the glass from under the table. It had been full of juice. Going back upstairs, I soon hear Jon again. "Grammie, I'm sorry I broke your vacuum!" Back downstairs again, I found my dirt devil, with motor still running, all in pieces at the bottom of the basement stairs. It had been filled with dirt.

alliek
July 25th, 2012, 12:44 PM
:lol:At least he said "sorry": LOL Hope the rest of the day is "calmer".

rebeccas-sewing
July 25th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Yikes! Patience with kids can really be stretched to the limit sometimes.

Monique
July 25th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Grammie, sorry I broke your concentration!! Things happen in 3's.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 25th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Grammie, that's what you get for trying to get dressed, go potty, comb your hair, do anything that requires them to be out of your sight! Good luck.

Didn't we hear this story about the Dirt Devil before? Or was that someone else? Seems like Dirt Devils are a fascinating toy for the grandsons!

We kid my 8 year old grandson about always spilling things. I teased him and asked him if he was going to need a sippy cut into high school. I think he got the point that he needed to be more careful.

K. McEuen
July 25th, 2012, 06:32 PM
At least they didn't try to hide what they did and you find it 4 days later.

pcbatiks
July 25th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Hi Cyndi, What a day......are you familar with the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon books? Calvin is a very mischievous little boy with a stuffed tiger that is "real" to him. I think you could probably relate to it. Hope the rest of your day was quieter!

cyndiofthevortex
July 25th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Jean, there was a dirt devil "incident" in my last story about Jon, but it had never fallen down a flight of stairs before. And it still works! They should put that in a commercial.

Pam, I love Calvin and Hobbes but we're keeping that cartoon away from Jon for as long as we can. Calvin taught my then 4 year old that if you put the end of the roll of toilet paper in the toilet and flush that it will continue to unroll. Jon is more of a "Denis the Menace" than a Calvin and he really keeps me on my toes and entertained.

BellasQuilts
July 25th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Cyndi, thank you for sharing what I will have in store for me when Reagan grows up a little. I can't wait to hear "Nana..." or "Grandma..." - music to my ears no matter what the little rug rat does!!!

pcbatiks
July 25th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Jean, there was a dirt devil "incident" in my last story about Jon, but it had never fallen down a flight of stairs before. And it still works! They should put that in a commercial.

Pam, I love Calvin and Hobbes but we're keeping that cartoon away from Jon for as long as we can. Calvin taught my then 4 year old that if you put the end of the roll of toilet paper in the toilet and flush that it will continue to unroll. Jon is more of a "Denis the Menace" than a Calvin and he really keeps me on my toes and entertained.

Cyndi, That's funny....when our son was younger we would joke about keeping those Calvin books put up because they could be used as a training manual! As he got older he loved the books too!

Donna F
July 25th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Oh please don't tell me these stories. I know what I have to look forward to soon but I am chuckling at your grandson. Soon they will be made to sit on their hands most of the day lol. Good luck.

madampolo
July 26th, 2012, 11:56 AM
You have such well mannered grandsons! Calvin and Hobbs is my hubby's favorite comic strip; he reads it daily and has several books.

pcbatiks
July 26th, 2012, 12:27 PM
For those of you that have teenage boys......check out the Zits comic strip books! After you read some of these you realize all teen boys act that way! The cartoons are hysterical!!
Love Calvin and Zits....they are our two favorite comic strips!

cyndiofthevortex
July 26th, 2012, 12:36 PM
"The Far Side" is great, too. That's one of our household favorites. A dragon couple wake up in bed and the wife says, "Ewww, your breath! It's all fresh and minty!"

Sandy Navas
July 26th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Okay, changing to comics - my favorites: Pickles (the old couple who act just like Al and I), Ziggy (If you always walk around looking at the ground you will never see the sunshine, but you will never all in a deep hole.) and (my role model) Broom Hilda.

auntiemern
July 26th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Cyndi. So proud of them for actually knowing how to apologize without being prompted. GK's can be a handful, for sure. Have a great rest of the day.