PDA

View Full Version : Whispers so 'someone' doesnt hear

Divine Daisy
July 25th, 2012, 12:00 PM
My fabric arrived for my Bronte country quilt. It is omg gorgeous! I sat and looked at it for ages and with a touch of dark purple from stash it will be perfect..........except .......... it needed some silver grey with some texture in it for stone. So, off I went to my fabric shop and there yet again was the new delivery of Freedom Fabric sighs. Now last week I was very very good, just drooled and walked away. This week I was also good....or very nearly.

I found the grey silk duplon I wanted (isnt it crazy that 100% silk is cheaper here than cotton) and then I collected a fat quarter pack of Freedom fabric for........a friend here! Ooooooooooooo errrrrr, wonder who it could be..........?

I am torn whether to keep it for christmas or just send it. I will probably end up sending it because I am truely hopeless at waiting and worse at secrets when I am excited that someone will be pleased!

Right, off to take a photo of the Bronte Quilt fabric before I slice into it

waves and wonders off.

alliek
July 25th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I love going to fabric stores. Since he's retired DH likes to get out and wants to go with me. Love him dearly but I prefer to go solo there. Just wander the aisles and not wonder what he's doing or getting restless. Good luck with your quilt. Don't forget to share it when you've finished. Enjoy!!:icon_wave:

Blondie
July 25th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Oh Darlin' Daisy! How good it is to be nearly good. lol. You always make me smile. Enjoy.

lilmouse
July 25th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Enjoy Ms. Daisy....everyone once in a while has to splurge just a little...yesterdays' daily deal bit me a good one!

HandsOffItsMine
July 25th, 2012, 01:34 PM
whispers back...A girl has to treat herself every once in a while...especially if she doesn't do drugs, smoke or drinks! :D

Divine Daisy
July 25th, 2012, 01:45 PM
The fabric isn't for me its for.......................... i can't say or it wont be a suprise! I wanna tell!!!!

Monique
July 25th, 2012, 04:05 PM
MMMmmmm wonder who it is? Hard to be good huh?

Jean Sewing Machine
July 25th, 2012, 04:13 PM
The pictures of Bronte County are amazing, I can't wait to see it recreated in fabric! Love silk! Glad you will be working that into the creation!

Bubby
July 25th, 2012, 04:20 PM
My goal is 80/20, just like the batting....I'll let you figure out the good/bad ratio!

Sandy Navas
July 25th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I sure hope you are putting pictures of this quilt production up on your blog. If it goes really well for you I may do my 'dream' quilt . . . I too am curious as to why cotton costs more than silk . . .

Divine Daisy
July 25th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I sure hope you are putting pictures of this quilt production up on your blog. If it goes really well for you I may do my 'dream' quilt . . . I too am curious as to why cotton costs more than silk . . .

The pictures are on the blog Sandy, I promise. As for why cotton costs more than silk.............well....

The cotton crops have been very poor for two or three years, most of our cotton these days comes from the US. Add import tax that is passed onto the customer and value added tax which has increased to 20% this year and the average price of quilting cotton is 10 per meter. Our silk comes mostly from Asia but we have more and more silkworm farms in the UK under glass. Silk worms don't need the water that cotton does, silk is becoming cheaper to produce and therefore cheaper every year to buy. Today I bought a long quarter of cotton for 2.95 and a long quarter of 100% duplon silk for 2.20.

I can see 100% silk quilts in my future if this goes on

sewmuchjan
July 25th, 2012, 06:30 PM
OOOOOO Pictures Please so we all can drool!!!! I promise to put my drool catcher on as not to spoil it!!!!:D

mamaquilt
July 25th, 2012, 07:08 PM
those purpels on your blog along with grey, just wonderful. Awaiting now THE quilt.
thanks for sharing

BellasQuilts
July 25th, 2012, 10:57 PM
You can whisper in my ear ... I won't tell...

Winniesfriend
July 26th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Love the colours in your quilt, I am a purple girl ... look forward to seeing the end quilt.

NanaB
July 26th, 2012, 03:42 AM
The fabrics are beautiful. I can't wait to see your next creation from this lovely assortment.