PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday

Blondie
July 25th, 2012, 05:43 AM

Happy Day!

Reading a bit last night before I crashed and y'all have been busy little rascals. Between kids, grands, quilts, parents ~ our lives sure are filled with both the happy and the sad. While I continue to pray for those who have such dire and desparate need, I will choose to be happy for each and every day. As one of my oldster's says every week -
"I'll see you next week, the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise."
To which I respond:
"Every week I see you again means that God hasn't finished your wings yet. After all they're custom, handmade by God himself for you."

Life is so real, so daily, it is difficult to walk it all alone, that is why we are members here at the MSQC; we can get the friendship we need to fill that void that sometimes is not available anywhere else. And in between we get to oogle beautiful quilties, laugh at ourselves and learn how to somehow pick up and carry on. to all those here who are hurting - deep, down lost feeling kind of hurting, you know who you are. You matter to me and to all here. I do pray for this group. I believe in no coincidences and in divine appointment. There is a reason besides quilting and fabric that you choose to come in here every day. I mean, c'mon! How much fabric can you actually use? {Don't answer that Jeanie Beanie! Sandy, quick ! Put your hand over my mouth!} I believe strongly in the unseen hand of my Savior, touching our lives, bodies, minds. And I believe in making the most of each and every day. I think it is a good thing to tell folks you love them and why. I think that arms are the best thing to have around you in good and bad times.

Hey, I don't mean to get all serious sounding this morning! It's a brand new day! Each day is a brand new adventure! I am going to be going back down this morning to Mom's. Sis and I will be helper-less today. Yesterday only one kiddo showed up. Our Devon was a wonderful worker and we will tote him back in the future for some of the more strenuous stuff we want to get completed. His younger brother, well, let's just say we have different work for him to do. lol. We picked Devon up at 6 yesterday and at about 8 am, we were ready for a break. We walked up the hill to my house and I made him some bacon, eggs, grits - no biscuits - he also wanted to try some coffee. I told him that if he was going to have facial hair, he needed to drink coffee like a real country boy - strong and black. hehehe, what giggles I had inwardly watching him sip my brew. Priceless.

Thanks for the comments on the yardwork so far - it is really slow going because of the heat and as I mentioned, those stinking rocks. Once we dig up the grass, we have been carrying it to my Sisters house and laying the "sod" there. Her house has been nothing but a dirt farm out front for years. So, hopefully this will take. Yesterday Mom made some whoopie pies and little deb type oatmeal cookies. O. M. Goodness. Slap my face and call her Betty Crocker. She ain't lost her touch! A big tall glass of milk and homemade cookies. Sis even cheated on her diet to eat two. No worries. She sweated those carbs and calories off.

Off to see my kitty Dinah. She is quite put out with me since I have only been down to the studio to feed, water her and give her a good squeeze the past week. I will be down stairs with her for a few hours this morning, cleaning up a bit before I go down to Mom's. I have at least an hour before I need to go down the hill.

Have a good day! Chin up! Smile and show me those pearly whites!

[/FONT]

Jean Sewing Machine
July 25th, 2012, 05:51 AM
You are such a busy one! Loved your comments about your teenage helper drinking your coffee! Rite of passage! Tell sis to keep that sod watered and it should take. The only lawns here that are green are the ones that are watered regularly, hate to see my water bill just to keep grass alive!

Tried something new in the jelly roll quilt realm last night-- black and white with small squares of hot pink at random between the strips, so far so good. Hope to finish it today or tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good day! Some are getting rain, but we are just getting more heat!

rebeccas-sewing
July 25th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Blondie, Love today's image! I might have to post that one on my FB page

The flat is clean! It feels so good after all the upheaval with the repairs! Now if I can just get Joe to help me put everything in the guestroom away... No screens in the windows here. Since it's warmed up some are fully open. I said to Joe as we were climbing into bed, "I sure hope a seagull or pigeon doesn't fly in for a visit." Geez, those seagulls are so noisy. It's dark out and this one bird would not shut up. Don't they know it's time to rest when that sun goes down? I thought gulls strictly hung out at the beach. Totally wrong about that! So far, no flying creatures enter other than a fly now and then and some fruit flies. Yuck! For all of you who freak out over spiders this is a good place for you to live. I think in almost three years I've seen one tiny little spider!

Jean, I know what you mean about the water bill. In sunny southern California decent grass isn't happenin' without a sprinkler system. The water bills are always shocking to me. Needing to add water to the pool every week in the hot months really hikes up the price. Once my girls move out it'll improve. I'm in and out of the shower in ten minutes tops. My girls spend forever in there. I think they must keep the water running while they shave. Wait until they have to pay the bills, right?

Two more rows to sew onto my Bargello quilt. Then binding and quilting. Can't wait to show it to you. I love the colors. Once I got a rhythm going and some simple labeling it went together very easily. This pattern didn't require tubes. I wonder if that's just the designer's technique or the nature of this particular Bargello?

Chicken Tortilla soup for dinner tonight! Last night was tuna salad sandwiches. What's everybody else fixing?

Blondie
July 25th, 2012, 07:00 AM
can't wait to see the bargello. And just how do you make your chicken tortilla soup. I've been using Pioneer Woman's recipe for the last year or so. Yum mee

MRoy
July 25th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Good morning. Thanks for the pep talk Blondie. I used to hear that if a kid drinks coffee it may stunt their growth...at almost 5'9" and having drunk coffee since I was a child I'm proof that's not true.

Rebecca, there are gulls circling the K-mart parking lot in our little town sometimes. There's a McDonald's nearby so I guess they'll go anywhere they think there might be food.

We're having crock pot roast beef, mashed potatoes and green beans for dinner tonight.

Debbie MM
July 25th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Thank you for the inspiration thoughts this morning, I needed it. Can someone explain why quilting is so habit forming, All I want to do is quilt, Today is another day at work, the heat has people cranky(?), it suppose to be a little cooler today, prayers for all that need it and hugs to everyone else

Granny Judy
July 25th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Bless your Smilin and inspirational attitude. I too, am a believer in approaching life with "attitude". I prefer enjoying each day, no matter what it brings.

I have a test schedule at the hospital outpatient clinic today.. Echo something or other. Part of the wellness check up I get yearly.

There is a quilt to bind and planning out another one for SnL, The Harley Man. I think I've found the pattern I want for it.. will have to work up a couple of blocks to see how well the Harley fabric works with it.

Hugs to everyone here and in your life. Prayer going out also.

Monique
July 25th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Good morning friends. Blondie, I LOVE YOU!!! And everyone else here of course.

Not much happening here. I got the squares for the DP9 ironed and cut. I will put those together today. We are going to the camp next week, so I may take this to quilt while I am there, although I don't know if I will have time between fishing and drinking! Water, what did you think? LOL!!

It will be a lovely, much needed, mini vacation!

That is about all exciting in my life, which is ok with me!

Have a wonderful day friends.

Lonna
July 25th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Blondie thank you for those words I think we all need to hear them now and then. I know I do. Well it is another work day I will be so glad when my co-worker is back from vacation. It is along day with out anyone else around. It is quite this time of month in the storage business. Although I have rented three units so far this week.

Prayers going up for all my quilty friends and there family and friends. Have a safe one! Oh have no idea what I will fix for dinner tonight my stop at the store and pick up a pack of bacon and then the produce stand for a tomatoe and it will be BLT's tonight. DH seems to be craving them lately.

Bubby
July 25th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Hi Everyone...I bounced out of bed early and have cleaned my bathroom, dusted two rooms and vacuumed the front half of the house. Also got DH off to work, fed and gave Molly her shot and washed two loads of clothes. Now the rest of the day is mine except for a quick trip to WalMart later. I started the blocks for the Halloweenie swap last night and finished one.

Our weather is still sizzling and they are calling for some possible bad storms tomorrow with straight line winds. I pray this doesn't happen. There are have 26 heat related deaths in Missouri.

I'm off to see the wizard and maybe make another block this morning.

Hugs and prayers to all who need them....Barb

meemeecyn
July 25th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Good morning, Quilty Friends! Yup, Blondie is right on, along with the rest of the posts. There is something special that comes out of this hobby for each of us.....meeting the people and sharing our lives is the best!
Thank you for being in our world. Have a great day, everyone.
Cynthia

ginampls
July 25th, 2012, 09:01 AM
i am doing good. today. well so far so good. I have Dr appt this morning. just regular check up thing...Yesterday i took DD big girl bra shopping...right of passage.it went well. bought her 4 bras...then a new game for her DS..wow spendy... but it is all good. she is 9 and wants a cell phone....must think that through...

called on a few apt...no response yet...one place will send me an application. not sure.

Blondie honey, i love your postes....they really touch my heart... i thank you. todays post humbles me...I am loved....so ditto back at you

buckeyequilter
July 25th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Good morning....

I called in to take at least a half day off work....trying to deal with the news of mom. I can't concentrate on much of anything - too much thinking time. I ordered some fabric a few days ago for a quilt for mom and I told DH that when it gets here everything I'm working on gets put on hold and that quilt is going to get top priority.

Blondie....thank you for your post this morning. Your quote about the "handmade wings" made me think that God is working on mom's wings now.

I'm going to my sewing room now to work on some projects that I've started.

Have a wonderful day....prayers and hugs to all.

Madeforyouinma11
July 25th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Good morning everyone! Thank you Blondie for reminding us that every day is a gift and should be treated as such....
Well, I have finished cleaning and organizing my sewing/craft room! I went through every little thing in there and it is all organized.
All that is left is to touch up the paint on the walls and I need to paint the trim, and put up the curtains. My daughter is bringing home a couple of shelves for the walls today, and I think that will do it for now. Getting ready yo go on daily walk with hubby and Benny, our wonderful dog. The weather is nice today, humidity is down. Supposed to be thunderstorms for the next couple of days. Hoping to get some sewing done today since my room is spotless I can concentrate again.
Not sure yet what is for dinner. Hubby is working so We won't eat until 7:30 so I have time.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day full of good things and good times
Good thoughts and prayers out to everyone...

Sandy Navas
July 25th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I read all the posts backwards and just finished reading Shirley's post about her mother and her recent diagnosis. Sending special prayer for the whole family. We go through life always hoping for the best and the strange things that happen along the way can be so confusing. Trust God.

Trying to play catch-up on household things today. The larder is getting bare, Al and I are gradually trying to drastically change our diets and I need to rethink my grocery shopping strategy.

Wound up spending the whole day, yesterday, lazing around in bed. Summer cold with bronchitis - medication does seem to help. Cursing all those past years of imbibing in the weed (tobacco . . . YUCK). So glad I quit but oh, so sorry I had even started. Just makes me more susceptible.

Who knows what the rest of the day will bring. So, I leave you with all the heart-felt prayers, serious concerns over all my on-line friends . . . special prayers for Paula today, too. And Shirley, I hope there is a better outcome for your Mother. Hugs to everyone.

CrazyMtnLady
July 25th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Good Morning. Wonderful morning message today!

Shirley, I was up at 2am with the dogs and read your post about your Mom and immediately said a prayer for her and for you too.

We didn't get to town yesterday. DH's C.O.P.D. is really bothering him in this heat. So we just stayed in the AC. I did get a few of my rectangles sewn into 3 strip squares for my note-pad holder. (not a computer notepad...a paper one..LOL). I am sure we need to go to town today though.
Went out to feed the kittens this morning and they all came running to greet me as if to say "Mommies here!" It is so cute to watch them running to me and then trying to clamor over my feet to see which one I will pick up first and who will get the first bite of food.

For those in the extreme heat, be safe... stay cool and hydrated. As Barb said we have had 26 heat related deaths here in Missouri.

Prayers and hugs to all.

rebeccas-sewing
July 25th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Roast and BLT's!!! Two of my favorites. Bacon in London can't compare to American bacon. I sure do miss it!

aliaslaceygreen
July 25th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Blondie, you exhaust me... I pulled a few weeds the other day. That's it. Can't get back out there, its too hot and so far gone this year. And I need to get off this computer AND DO SOME QUILTING! I need you all to ignore me if I come back, or I might not accomplish a thing all day!!!

Have a great day, all!!

sewbizzy
July 25th, 2012, 11:49 AM
BLONDIE, THANKS FOR THE GREAT POST!
You are all up and at em' this morning...I'm having a hard time moving around today!---my friend, arthritis and a sinus headache...ugggg...
No outdoor work for me today...will try to "read up" as we say here in Pgh...trying to pack a few things for our anniversary trip...leaving tomorrow morning for a 3-day trip to Berlin, Ohio and all the quilt shops---I will try to contain my fabric shopping---lol...

Tomorrow is our 49th wedding anniversary...wow, time flies when you're having fun!!

Dinner today will be bacon spaghetti (one of my favorite dinners) and a salad....yumm..
Blessings to you all!!!

alliek
July 25th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Good to be busy! It is a blessing. Not to be overwhelmed, but looking forward each day. Loved reading all the above, especially the "lift" from Blondie. Thanks darlin'. God's blessings to all. Keep on moving and doing. :icon_wave:

Blondie
July 25th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Gals, I am peeking in, taking a break. We finished digging up the grass for Mom's new walk way a few hours ago. I got my small little tiller to break up the rest of the ground to smooth it out. Let me tell you, I thought I had seen rocks until I hit every blessed one of them. Then we drove my loaded down little pick me up truck and emptied it piece by piece into sis's yard. laying the grass there is like doing a jig saw puzzle. We took lots of breaks under the shade tree. Later this evening I will go back to rake out the dirt and smooth it over. We have given Mom the assignment to paint all her old concrete yard art. She so tickles me. She wants everything to look like it is perfect. I reminded her that anything she paints will be fine. It will be considered folk art and look so well with the cottage look and feel we are going for. It is difficult to express the joy this is giving me. First, in doing something fun (for me) and an overdo facelift to Mom's place. And then, there's the added joy that I am getting out of seeing my sister's yard with GRASS. It is a long story but she lives in my Granny's old house. Before our granny was diagnosed with Alzheimers, she would sit in her yard and weed. But she was weeding grass. And then the raking started. Oy. My back hurts thinking of how she raked and raked until it was down to the bare subsoil and rock. I have a very satisfied and thankful heart right now. Thankful that I have the energy and strength to do this and satisfaction at the headway we are making.

Right now I am going to get me a nice BIG glass of coca cola over ice. And one of Mom's whoopie pies. Did I tell you how absolutely perfection they are?

And Carol, share with us your recipe for bacon spaghetti?

Blessings to each here. I love y'all like all these dogs under my me love my stinking and dirty bare feet. Maybe after they are done, I won't need a bath! haha!

lilmouse
July 25th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Thank you Blondie, we all need to hear that every once in a while.....well my news today is I am having surgery on August 15th; overnight stay; and then home. Sometimes being a woman can be tough! You will probably see me a lot more online afterwards as I won't be able to do much until I heal...four weeks off of work and have no clue how I will keep myself entertained. I am not much of a tv fan; and I don't know how much sewing I will be able to do. Suffering from a prolapse...mild but needs to be taken care of. Prayers going out for those who need them and hugs as well...sending my love to each and every one of you.

sewmuchjan
July 25th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Thank you Blondie for your loving cna caring words, you are a treasure. Also everyone else here on this special forum. Love ya all..
Grand Kids are with the other grandpa for 24 hours!!!! YEAH a brake, yup put the brakes on Jan and chill while the chillin's good!!! Wish I had a 6 pack of beer to really enjoy a little down time. But alas there is no beer here!!! Oh well that's OK.

I can't seem to get a new thread posted from this little little notebook I am on, tried all day yesterday, because is was my Kiddo's B-Day..Erin aka Sewengirl but it would not load right!!!! I tried everything I know how to do and nothing worked!!! :(
SOOOO I might try again today to start a thread, and see if it works!!

I have the makin's for Chicken and Dumplin's going for dinner tonight!!! Yummmmmeeeeeeee
Now if I could just find a beer!!! OH SHamus!!!!! Here kitty, kitty!!!!! LOL :D

Love you all and thank you for sharing your life with me. God Bless you all,
Jan G.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 25th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Hi Everyone...I bounced out of bed early and have cleaned my bathroom, dusted two rooms and vacuumed the front half of the house. Also got DH off to work, fed and gave Molly her shot and washed two loads of clothes. Now the rest of the day is mine except for a quick trip to WalMart later. I started the blocks for the Halloweenie swap last night and finished

Our weather is still sizzling and they are calling for some possible bad storms tomorrow with straight line winds. I pray this doesn't happen. There are have 26 heat related deaths in Missouri.

I'm off to see the wizard and maybe make another block this morning.

Hugs and prayers to all who need them....Barbthat block is so darling! I'm not in the swap, but there will be some darling quilts made, can't wait to see them!

Cathy F
July 25th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Blondie, thank you for your inspiration, that's what I've come to love about this board it's not a "me" oriented place, although most of us have never met everyone cares about and offers support to all that need it. You don't find that in alot of "cyberspace" boards. Inspiration,encouragement, and quilting all together - awesome!!

Cellomom
July 25th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Good Afternoon! Just checking the forum now. Blondie, you're so right about the friendships on this forum and thank you for your inspiring post. When I first started reading and then becoming braver to post something, I thought "What am I doing, talking to people I've never seen, much less sharing my life with them and they with me???" The more we connect, help each other and pray for each other, I feel we see the "real us" because the superficial is bypassed. Thanks everyone for your prayers. I do pray for you too. Maybe you can give a first time mother of a bride some advice. My only daughter is engaged! And we are so happy her fiance is a caring man. He will be good to her. So why does it feel so weird that part of our little nuclear family is changing? Wedding plans are coming along well. We have a lot of time, so I know it's not planning stress. I figure it's like when your girl leaves for college for the first time (I cried all the way home.) This time , she won't be coming back home. I better watch Father of the Bride again and have Nina knock some sense into me because i'm having flashbacks like George Banks.

buckeyequilter
July 25th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Thank you Blondie, we all need to hear that every once in a while.....well my news today is I am having surgery on August 15th; overnight stay; and then home. Sometimes being a woman can be tough! You will probably see me a lot more online afterwards as I won't be able to do much until I heal...four weeks off of work and have no clue how I will keep myself entertained. I am not much of a tv fan; and I don't know how much sewing I will be able to do. Suffering from a prolapse...mild but needs to be taken care of. Prayers going out for those who need them and hugs as well...sending my love to each and every one of you.

Good luck with your surgery. I was off work for 5 weeks several years ago and for the first two weeks I could only get up for short walks and to go to the bathroom. I got hooked on Judge Judy, Dharma & Greg and Judge Joe Brown....LOL....daytime TV at it's finest.

Ginny B
July 25th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Good evening everyone. Blondie, even though I usually don't get to read your morning posts until evening, I still look forward to them and how they will inspire me through my next day until I read the next post. Thanks for your wonderful, encouraging words.

You sure are working up a storm in your mom's yard and your sister's too. Be careful in that heat. It was a beautiful day here today - lower temps/humidity, clear sky and a nice breeze. Tomorrow we are back in the soup for a bit I think. I really enjoyed my lunch hour. I have a chair in the back of my car and I go to the back of the parking lot where there is a grassy area with lots of trees and it's very quiet there. I settle in, eat my lunch and just relax and read. I need that break - everyone is so stressed at work and lots of negativity around me. I just need to recharge and relax to make it through the afternoon without being sucked into all of that nonsense. There are too many other things going on in my life to let work stuff get to me. I look at the people who are so negative and always looking at what other people are/are not doing, declaring how things aren't fair and see how unhappy they are overall and wonder how they cannot see that their own demeanor and attitude is helping to create what they are so upset about.

On a positive note, the ins. adjuster has decided to total the van that my dh was in the accident with. While that may not seem like a positive thing, it is in that we now have a decision and can proceed with getting a new car. Until we had their decision on liability and whether or not they were going to fix it, we couldn't make a decision. And, they are also now paying for a rental car (for up to a month) so I don't need to take dh to/from work. Even though he doesn't work too far from where I do, it does add about an hour a day in back and forth time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night and I'll check in with you all again tomorrow. Have a good Thursday.

Ginny B