PDA

View Full Version : It's A Good Day!

RachelMichelle
July 24th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I am like a little kid on Christmas right now. Finally after saving up for part of this summer I got an iPhone :) YAY, my phone has finally caught up in the tech world and my computer, haha

Monique
July 24th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Good for you. I don't have one, we don't have cell phone service where I live. Just lucky to have internet. LOL!!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 24th, 2012, 01:42 PM
You will love it! I have had one since the first year they came out, don't have the latest one but love what I have 3gs.

bakermom
July 24th, 2012, 01:44 PM
i enjoy my android a lot more than i thought I would. Best part is-except for DD1 and SIL (techy), my phone is way cooler than my kids' phones!!

madampolo
July 24th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I had a Blackberry that I hated, but I had to wait for Verizon to come out with an IPhone. We only have Verizon service here. When they came out with one, I was very quick to get one. When we went to the Verizon store, the salesperson demoed the Motorola Xoom (pronounced zoom), which is a tablet like the IPad. I bought both. Since I have Internet service everywhere with the Xoom as well as the IPhone, I quickly turned to the Xoom and didn't do much with the IPhone. The tablet is like a small computer, but the screen is so much bigger than the IPhone. I love my tablet. We listen to audible books on the road, and I can still surf no matter where we are, and has a powerful navigator to get me there. I love the IPhone, too. I use it when I forgot to bring the tablet. The IPhone has saved us finding an address many a time. Congratulations on your IPhone!! Now, start saving for a tablet, maybe the IPad. If you know how to operate the IPhone, you will know how to operate the IPad as it is the same and has a large screen, just doesn't make phone calls. Congratulations again!

denisecolli
July 24th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I love my iPhone use all the time fr my diary,reminder service appoints etc I use the alarm to remind me couldn't do without it now oh ans I do search on here from time to time when away from my iPad

auntiemern
July 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Congrats and excited for you. Personally I don't want or need a phone that does all that. Simply want a phone that I can make and receive calls on. My DD has a smart phone, and I hate it. The dang thing is attached at the hip to her.

Sandy Navas
July 24th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Here's a picture of my new cell phone. Anyone have one like this? The very latest in technology.25381

K. McEuen
July 24th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Hey Sandy, you need to get a hands free device to go with your phone. I found one for you.

HandsOffItsMine
July 24th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Sandy and Karen, you two crack me up! I love the rubberband fashion statement!

New York Sue
July 24th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Good for you Rachel!
When I tell people I don't own a cell phone or want one, they look at me with this confused/amazed sort of look, lol. (I DO have a Trac phone for when I travel, but most times it sits in the dining room charging....
Haven't embraced the technology. But would love a kindle fire.

MRoy
July 24th, 2012, 10:43 PM
My old phone was like Sandy's except it was just a notch above with push buttons. LOL! Now I have a phone with a touchscreen and a slide out keyboard only because our plan renewal included free texting and DS checks text messages better than he checks voicemail. No internet, no data plan and I actually got better cell service on my old Motorola flip phone. I really need one of those fancy hands-free devices too!

RachelMichelle
July 25th, 2012, 12:38 AM
haha, that just made my night, too funny!

auntiemern
July 25th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Oh you girls are just to funny for words.

Sandy Navas
July 25th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Sending Myrna a large box of super-duty rubber bands (in girlie colors, too).

aliaslaceygreen
July 25th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Ah, my iphone is like my external brain.... (and everyday I discover another thing it's invaluable for) and when my nook dies, I will finally have an excuse to get an ipad, although I will want a new nook too, because I really prefer the e-ink screen...