PDA

View Full Version : I need to ask a favour........

Divine Daisy
July 24th, 2012, 09:16 AM
First, let me say that I feel bad asking this so first let me tell you a story.

When I was working, I dealt with some very unpleasant casees involving even more unpleasant people. As the years went on and I got more senior and experienced the more unpleasant and often contraversial the cases and the people involved got. Without question this took a toll on me. The long hours and stress effected me in a physical way and over time the atmosphere and state of vigilance I was in told on me emotionaly and mentally.

One of my final cases was the murder of a 45 year old woman. She was divorced, well known and well liked. She lived her life well, lived it fully and enjoyed it after bringing up two children alone and working all her life. One day she was found sitting on the stairs of her house stabbed.

This case seemed to raise issues for me that non other had ever done before. She was a simular age to me. She was divorced and had raised two kids, same as me/ she had worked hard all her life as had I. She had many many friends who when they didnt see her for a few days assumed that she was busy as she always was. My friends would have assumed the same.

Anyway, as you can see the memory of this lady still makes me ramble on lol. The case was bad from start to finish. The accused a very unpleasant man (needless to say) with some truely horrible friends who threatened and intimidated thoughout the investigation and trial. Witnesses, police, lawyers and most particularly me and my team.

Once the case was over and he was convicted, threats continued to come from prison in very subtle and cleaver ways. Eventualy I was assaulted........ I won't go into detail here but surfice to say I only just survived. I recovered and did return to work but.......it wasn't good. During this time I met Mr Daisy who was frankly very brave. The atmosphere around me at the time was very tense. I was constantly in touch with police and others involved.

In the end I couldnt take it, decided to retire from my firm and leave the area completely which I did. I kept in touch with a very few, the rest had no idea where I went. We married and I used my married name. I lost so many friends who I miss still but I do not contact them. I am still in touch with two officers who keep me informed if there is something important. The man who attacked me is serving 26 years but will eventually be released. Occasionally I dip my toe back into the water and do a pro bono case but I always end up very nervous and its has to be something I am really passionate about to take the risk.

Anyway, this brings me to the favour I need to ask. People here know my real first name, although few my surname. This is ok, I trust the people here who post and I doubt many 'bad lads' would be looking on a quilting forum lol. But now that I have started a blog which is out there for any searcher to stumble across I would like to ask that anyone who posts on my blog calls me Daisy and not by my first name.

I do hope you don't all think I am being dramatic, if you do there is nothing I can do about it. I decided to give you enough detail to explain why I am asking this but not enough that the case becomes obvious to any who might be interested.

If you read this far thank you for your patience.

hugs

meemeecyn
July 24th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Totally understood, Daisy. You are a courageous woman and an example to all. May you continue to find peace.
Hellos to Mr D.
Cynthia

bobw103
July 24th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I always enjoy reading your posts here and look forward to your blog as well. Absolutely nothing wrong with the request that you have made.
Bobbi

Bubby
July 24th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Daisy..I totally understand, having walked in very similar shoes. I worked with maximum security criminals for many years and I was in a position to affect their release date, or lack of a release date. I had constant threats, occasional death threats, cut telephone lines and have been stalked several times. I also try to live as inconspicuously and as low-profile as possible, which is very hard in a tiny town.

I will, of course, respect your wish to be know as Daisy on your blog.

Barb

madampolo
July 24th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Goodness, Daisy. What stresses you must have had, and probably still do. I hope you continue to find safety and peace.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 24th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Will do, Ms. Daisy! Can hardly wait for more posts!

GrammaBabs
July 24th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Say no more Daisy.... PTSD... i think i suffer from that, and would not wish it on anyone... YOU are a super lady.... thank you for sharing.... you have my support...hugs B

Genny
July 24th, 2012, 10:43 AM
You'll always be Daisy to me...

Sandy Navas
July 24th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Daisy, Daisy, here is my answer to you . . . I'm half-crazy for the wonderful things you do. I'll never say your real name, a pseudo will always do. Daisy, Daisy . . . we're all in love with you (and that wonderful HUNK you married).

RFREE
July 24th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Daisy how lucky you are to have found Mr. Daisy and him to find you.You are a truly wonderful person and I hate it you had to go through all of this but you will always be Daisy to us. Remember what doesn't kill us will only make us stronger. I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around.God bless you my friend.

Carolyn23
July 24th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Dear Daisy, that you would share this story with us is at once both an honor and a horror. I can't imagine how your life of constantly looking over your shoulder must have taken such a toll on you and yours. What a brave and strong woman you are. Now when we pray for Mr. Daisy, we can also lift up your safety to our wonderful Lord.

You have given us such great honor to share this with us. We are delighted to call you Daisy and I'm excited to read your blog.

CrazyMtnLady
July 24th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Daisy, Daisy, here is my answer to you . . . I'm half-crazy for the wonderful things you do. I'll never say your real name, a pseudo will always do. Daisy, Daisy . . . we're all in love with you (and that wonderful HUNK you married).

Yep......what Sandy said.

HandsOffItsMine
July 24th, 2012, 11:49 AM
My heart aches for what you've been through and still have to always be aware of. :(

Daisy is an easy name to come of my lips...as it was my Mom's name. :) You remind me of her, you both are very strong ladies and both have done so much for others.

Carry on Miss Daisy! :)

Huggers, Ruby

Klasien
July 24th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Ofcourse I will respect your question also!
I am sort of in the same place.........I work in prison with very dangerous men, I have been in a very scary situation also with one of them.
I hope never to run into him again (they put him away for a long time, but he will be out some day.......), and will never tell anyone inside the prison walls my real full name also, so I absolutly respect your wish for not using your real name on your blog!!!
Very brave of you to start on anyway!!!

I hope you have a lot of fun with your blog, I sure will follow your adventures!!!!

sewbizzy
July 24th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Miss Daisy, I absolutely will honor your request...I can't even imagine what you have gone through..
You are a great quilter and a great person...I have only been a member of the forum for 6 months, but have loved to read the posts everyday...
I can't wait to follow your progress in your blog!
Blessings to you and your dh....

Madeforyouinma11
July 24th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Daisy it is.. Anyone that cannot understand why you are asking this would not be a member here. The people here are loving and caringand as helpful as anyone I've met. You are very brave as is Mr. Daisy...
Good thoughts and prayers....

Beach Cottage Quilter
July 24th, 2012, 12:27 PM
You should be able to set up your comment section of your blog with security so, you can see all comments first, approve them, then they will be posted. Worse case just delete unwanted comments using your real name. Be Safe, Happy Blogging!

lilmouse
July 24th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Daisy, we all love you and Mr. D....of course we would honor your request....cannot do otherwise...good luck with your blog and I will be following along! Hugs to a very strong woman!

bakermom
July 24th, 2012, 12:45 PM
A reasonable request! God bless you both

Monique
July 24th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I am sorry but I don't read your blog. I don't read any one's for that matter. BUT if I do venture there DAISY'S the word. Not a problem. And yes, sorry you have to go through this, but happy MR. D is with you!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

K. McEuen
July 24th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I know your real name from here and still refer to you as Daisy. Just habit I guess.

You can tell no one is after me, I just threw my name out there on this forum. Which is a little odd in itself, since I rarely use my real name when online.

EnumclawGramma
July 24th, 2012, 01:14 PM

I will echo this response without question! Congratulations on your blog! What a wonderful new adventure you've begun.

toggpine
July 24th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Odd. You are Daisy. I had to really think about what your first name is!

You can set up your comments so they are all moderated by you. I know Wordpress lets the blog owner edit out things in the comments before publishing them. Somehow it seems wrong, but I can't let the spelling errors through, I just can't. So knowing that, you could edit out any info you don't want made public.

Have fun with the blog!

auntiemern
July 24th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Oh my Daisy, so sorry for all you went through. I will never again address you as anything other than Ms. Daisy ever again. God Bless you and Mr. Daisy.

Jess1377
July 24th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Oh my, Daisy... what that is quite a thing to deal with. I surely have no problem with your request and appreciate the story of your ordeal. My dad was a police officer then detective for over 20years and had to deal with a few weirdo / psychopath as well so he was always on edge when out in public and that was always something we could tell when he was keeping extra alert out, more than normal people, when we went out as a family. My heart goes out to you Daisy!

pcbatiks
July 24th, 2012, 03:47 PM
I agree with Genny...........it is touching to read so many positive and uplifting comments to you Ms Daisy! It is obvious how much you mean to everyone on this forum! Continued prayers for you and your husband.

You'll always be Daisy to me...

Meli
July 24th, 2012, 04:23 PM
You are Daisy. Even if we were to meet in person and you told me your first name, you'd STILL be Daisy. Just as I'm sure you'd still call me Meli. You are a brave woman and I can't wait to see your blog.

phoots
July 24th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Of course, Daisy!! I'm sorry you've had to go through such stresses before marrying Mr. Daisy. Much love to you and everything you endevor to do in your future!!

Pam in Vegas

NanaB
July 24th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Thank you for sharing your story with us. Henceforth, you shall be (and ARE) the Devine Daisy!!!!

sewmuchjan
July 24th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Not a problem my dear Mrs D. Totaly understand.

Hugs to you and Mr D.
Love,
Jan G.

MRoy
July 24th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Divine Daisy it is and shall be! Congrats on your blog...I'll be following you and wishing you the very best!

Blondie
July 24th, 2012, 08:31 PM
You have always been and shall always be a Divine Daisy to me. You are not being paranoid. You are being wise. The WWW has made our world smaller in many wonderfully delightful ways and then there is the obvious other that accompanies the other hand.
hugs

Debbie MM
July 24th, 2012, 08:47 PM
The only name I know is Daisy, so there is no problem, I figured that was what you wanted to be called

Loonwatcher
July 24th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Totally understandable request which I will honor. I'm so sorry you had to go through such a horrific ordeal. So good that you found Mr. D.

Hugs,

SuzyQue
July 24th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Daisy it is....Daisy it will be! What a horrific back story. Will pray that you can find peace and safety now and forever more.

middlesis1966
July 24th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Daisy rest assured that I know you as Daisy and will always know you as Daisy!

Musical_Starling
July 25th, 2012, 03:20 AM
This one is simple for me, because I ONLY know you as Daisy! lol I completely understand about wanting privacy and security, and I think you can see that it's not going to be an issue with all of us here :)

And after reading that story, I just have to give you a great big :icon_hug: because I can't imagine ever going through something like that. I may just have to call you Kay Scarpetta (from the Patricia Cornwell novels), because that's what it reminded me of while I was reading. How scary!

rebeccas-sewing
July 25th, 2012, 05:20 AM
No problem, Daisy. Especially no problem since I've never known your real name to begin with? Hahaha! Sorry you and others have to endure this kind of the inhumanities of man.