PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Morning Hellos! (img heavy warning)

Blondie
July 24th, 2012, 05:37 AM

Happy Tusday Folksies!

Sitting here waiting for the coffee to drip down since both of us woke up before the timer went off. No more sleeping in until 5 a.m. School will be starting up again soon and you know what that means. No longer will I be a sleepy head. I like to think that this relentless heat will be over soon.

Here are a few jpgs of the little we've gotten accomplished so far down at Mom's. Click on the pics to enlarge them, if you are like me and can't see worth a diddly squat.

Before we took this picture Sis and I had already crashed her porch and loved the plastic chairs off and began potting up some pretties

That is a lot of digging; we added some mulch so Mom wouldn't have to look at a line of mud.

end of day 1

Day 2

Help arrives! Huzzah! I love Devon and his younger brother Austin.

When the boys first arrived yesterday morning, they were seriously laughing at we old folks. As in, Is that all you got up yesterday? Dang, I hope I never get that old. yadda yadda yadda. By the end of 30 minutes they had new respect for not only our age, but our stamina. hahaha.

Rise and shine, up and at 'em, meet you at the coffee pot. Then off to get one of the boys to help some more today.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 24th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Let'em sweat it out and see who is still standing at the end of the project! Digging is hard work! I'd rather write a check than man a shovel. Two years ago, I had my weedy mostly dead contractor grade sod from my front yard dug up and replaced with good sod. Even in this terrible heat, it is still mostly green, except for the 40 mole hills that have been dug in the back yard. Good luck with your project!

rebeccas-sewing
July 24th, 2012, 06:29 AM
That sounds like a serious challenge to me, Blondie. I'm sitting here with coffee beside me, in pj's, thinking about doing some cleaning today. I'm almost finished putting together my first Bargello Quilt for the Quiltalong. What fun! Found a really cute Bargello baby quilt pattern. Hate to spend 10 bucks on an e-pattern but I haven't found anything else I like for babies. Have to mull that one over.

Last night my older daughter sent me some images. Big hint - "Mom, if you have any plans to make me a quilt..." How fun will this one be to make?!? Wild colors!!! I'll have to rummage through my stash but I think a trip to Anaheim's M&L Fabrics will be first order of business when returning to the O.C. No problemo going there!!! She picked this quilt because it reminds her of living in India with Dad. (Caroline and I stayed home since she was close to finishing up high school.)

Enjoy the day! Stay cool for all those in hot climates. Lots of iced tea and lemonade sounds mighty good when I think of California heat waves. London - it's actually warmed up considerably - almost 80F at 10:30 a.m.

BTW, if anybody has stash fabrics like these with an interest in passing them along, PM me and I'll give you my address! LOL

Lisaau
July 24th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the graphic blondie l really need this today ....not having a great day very sore and sad...I wrote a letter to my DR because his been telling me he really wants to know how l'm feeling and what is going on with me and l'm trying to come to terms with what is going on and what could potentionally happen to me being whelchair bound and paralysed. I'm really emotional lately ...so l put it all in a letter and gave it to him today at my appointment. He was really grateful and said he will read it and talk to me on friday

rebeccas-sewing
July 24th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Lissau, you are in my thoughts and prayers, friend. I hope your doctors can improve your situation.

Patrice
July 24th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Looks like you had some good help there Blondie.
Lisa you are in my prayers.
Packing today for WV. My sister is getting married friday. Cleaning and laundry today so I can come home to a clean house.

quilter.martha
July 24th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Lisa, my heart goes out to you. I wish I could go give you a big hug and do something to help you. But know I will be praying. Hang in there dear!

It's a work day for me. At least I'll be in some AC. It was so humid yesterday. Not too terribly hot, but it felt that way. I had 2 friends over to sew. We worked on making a small log cabin block that we'll put some embroidery stitching around the border. I may then frame mine. Found the idea in a LQS last week and we all went crazy over it. Something simple and fast to make.

Stay cool everyone and have a great day.

MRoy
July 24th, 2012, 07:44 AM
You're off to a great beginning Blondie.

Rebecca, good luck finding the fabrics for your DD's quilt. I love the bright color combo.

Lisa, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Today is a staff meeting with a celebration for my supervisor who's retiring at the end of the month after working for 42+ years. I think she'd prefer to continue working but she's running out of options for how to get her retirement benefits. These last days of work are an emotional time for her (as I'm sure it will be for me when the time comes).

buckeyequilter
July 24th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Good morning....

I have a busy day ahead of me but wanted to stop in and say hello.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day..prayers and hugs to all.

quiltingtrish
July 24th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Morning? Already? I like to wake up 1st with a cup of coffee and a sit on the front porch with the sun on my face listening to the birds welcoming the day (probably warning the other birds that THE CATS ARE OUTSIDE! The past week I am waking up to dogs going outside and chatter, chatter, chatter. Our houseguest is very nice and very helpful but after a week, I am ready to have houseguests move on. Especially when they bring their huge boxer dog. I really am a nice person. Really.

OOOH Blondie!! Love the photos. Isn't that funny how they laugh at us until they try to do the hard work? If I could, I'd come help you. I certainly know about moving rock because that is what we have here. When I buy a plant now, I just sit it on the front porch and DH knows it's then his job to dig a spot for it. I am good at pulling weeds, laying mulch, and serving cookies.

Finally spent time with my sewing machine and have a list of what I need to pick up for my class on Saturday. I even found some 'feet' that I have no idea what they are for so I hope to look them up on the internet.

Today is Katie's follow up appointment. Until that time, I am on doggie-duty.

Hugs,

Bubby
July 24th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Good Morning,

It's hot and muggy already. I will make my short trip to town as early as possible. DH was home from work yesterday, so this feels like my Monday.

Lisa, you are in my prayers daily. I hope there is something that can be done to help you, Hon. In the meantime, we will continue praying for you.

Blondie, those guys should be singing a different tune about you and Sis now! Mom's yard is going to look so nice when you're done.

I'm off to get the morning going around here...many things to get done today. Laundry is one of the biggies...grocery shopping and a good vacuuming. Miss Molly is wanting extra love today.

Everyone have a good Tuesday....Hugs All Around, Barb

pcbatiks
July 24th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Good morning everyone,
Just thought I would share this with all of you.....so last night while I was sleeping I dreamed a big box came in the mail for me. I opened it & was all excited.....it was full of fabrics & quilting supplies from M*QC. In the dream I was thinking....this is so cool....I got one of the random goodie boxes that they send out! (No they don't do that in real life!) When I first woke up I thought that's so cool, getting a free box of quilting goodies..........after a few seconds I realized..oh, wait, there is NO box of goodies! :)
Guess I will go help mow my parents yard since there is no box of goodies waiting for me! Have a great day!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 24th, 2012, 10:18 AM
That sounds like a serious challenge to me, Blondie. I'm sitting here with coffee beside me, in pj's, thinking about doing some cleaning today. I'm almost finished putting together my first Bargello Quilt for the Quiltalong. What fun! Found a really cute Bargello baby quilt pattern. Hate to spend 10 bucks on an e-pattern but I haven't found anything else I like for babies. Have to mull that one over.

Last night my older daughter sent me some images. Big hint - "Mom, if you have any plans to make me a quilt..." How fun will this one be to make?!? Wild colors!!! I'll have to rummage through my stash but I think a trip to Anaheim's M&L Fabrics will be first order of business when returning to the O.C. No problemo going there!!! She picked this quilt because it reminds her of living in India with Dad. (Caroline and I stayed home since she was close to finishing up high school.)

Enjoy the day! Stay cool for all those in hot climates. Lots of iced tea and lemonade sounds mighty good when I think of California heat waves. London - it's actually warmed up considerably - almost 80F at 10:30 a.m.

BTW, if anybody has stash fabrics like these with an interest in passing them along, PM me and I'll give you my address! LOL

2534225341 I just bought those charm packs with the fruits and vegetable in them that was the Daily Deal a couple of days ago. It looks just like this. Now I know how to make a quilt using them! I was going to do the jar quilt, but I like yours better. It looks yummy, both the fruit/veggie plate and the quilt! It's called "Farmer's Market" charm pack.

CrazyMtnLady
July 24th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Wow, 9:00am and I just got out of bed! I guess staying awake till after 2:00am watching Julie Roberts movies was too much!

Good morning all.

Blondie, the yard is going to look beautiful. Give those young boys a good work out!
Lisa, you are in my prayers.

Going to town today. DH has to go to the Bank and the Post Office and then we are going to the local Grocery Store. They give a 10% discount on the entire order for Seniors (55 & up) on Tuesdays. So we decided to do our running around today. It is going to be another scorcher and I would rather stay in the AC all day, but the freezer is getting a bit anemic!

Started cutting out my little rectangles to make a paper notepad holder. I got the pattern with my MSQC order and decided I was going to make it. It will hold a 5X8 notepad. If it turns out easy to make I plan on making one in Camo, black & green for DH to use at his gun shows. Mine is going to be in bright yellows and oranges.

Well, off to feed the kitties.

Hugs and prayers.

Sandy Navas
July 24th, 2012, 11:42 AM

Probably not, but if anyone wants to send that salad. Isn't that gorgeous?

Sandy Navas
July 24th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Lookie who's here! I feel as if I have been missing in action. The AC repair man arrived around 8 a.m. and found the problem right away. He's still here though, doing maintenance work. You know what was great about this whole three days down and counting? Al took his laptop to my sewing room and he got to work and play around (not certain which he does most) and I got to sew all day long. Actually worked on an embroidery project for a friend on here, sorted about seven totes of fabric, shelled out one box of stuff I knew I would NEVER even think of using - it goes to the thrift store donations - and I still have more to tackle. Put a zipper in a dress that DDs friend made for one of the girls and hemmed it, did another embroidery project. We crept upstairs occasionally to pick up a bite of food and hustled back to the cooler temps. I don't know how anyone lived without AC - or, even how anyone manages to survive in this heat without it.

Hoping to accomplish some real quilting today. First I have to decide 'What's for Dinner?"

Sending all those thoughts, wishes, blessings, etc., to all my on-line friends.

Lonna
July 24th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Another day here at the wonderful work place. Sitting here thinking of all the things I could be doing at home.But I am very thankful for my job. With DH being sick and unable to work I am the breadwinner of the house and sometimes the thought of that really scares me but I know that I am a strong person and I will carry on.

Lisa my prayers are with you. I know that when your life has a big change in it there are all kinds of emotions going on. My husband has a lot of ups and downs wondering about the future.

Wishing you all a wonderful and peaceful kind of day.

sewbizzy
July 24th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Good Morning all you bizzy ladies!! Blondie, you and your Sis and helpers are doing a great job!!! I love to read all of these posts!
I am going to clean some today and I hope to sew...I had another gd yesterday and she appliqued (straight stitching) a sunflower panel onto a tea towel for her Mom's birthday next Monday...she wrapped it and is going to hide it until then...she also played with sewing some of the fancy stitches on the machine and had fun when she could change the foot...I let her practice on my old machine also...
To all of you---have a great day...Blessings

Monique
July 24th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Almost good afternoon. We had storms all around us here yesterday. We did get a little rain and things have cooled down quite a bit. My internet has been down since last night so that is why I am late today. Went to town to get a few groceries this morning.

I NEED to clean up here a little. Working on a DP9. So many things to do and so little time.

Blondie, looking good.

Lisa, prayers your way and everyone else who needs thems.

Have an awesome day my friends.

lilmouse
July 24th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I just got up....prayers for those who need them....love the farmers market...used my charm pack to make a table topper using the "X's and O's" pattern but put it together the way Denis showed in a previous post...also purchased a 5" by WOF...can't remember what its was called of same fabric...love it but haven't decided what to do with it yet...maybe cut in half and make a JR quilt out of it....
Doc appt today and then some errands and the rest of the day is all mine...yeah!...
Some good T-Storms moved through here last night...it was awesome light show...lost power for a nanosecond; just enough to throw off alarm clock and microwave...everything else was fine...weird!
Everyone have a good day....prayers going out for those in need...hugs as well...sending my love and affection to all :icon_wave:

Madeforyouinma11
July 24th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Blondie, 4:30! I would have to go to bed at 8:00 to get up at that time. Hubby doesn't get home until 1:00 am from work so I usually wait up. We don't get to bed until 2-2:30, so i dont get up until around 8am. I have always been a night person. I got so much done in my sewing/craft room yesterday. I sorted through all of my fabric. I sorted everything by color family and type of material. I still have the little things to sort through and clean which hopefully will get done today. Then it will be time to paint the room and put up some shelves. It's 85 right now with 63% humidity. I need to go to the grocery store but don't want to go outside. I've been doing laundry and other things to prolong the agony of the heat but it's now time for me to just go... I want to get my room finished because I have lots of fabric coming soon and I cannot sew in a room that is not organized and clean.
Blondie, the yard looks amazing, you and sis should be proud.
Lisa, I hope yor Dr can help you
Rebecca, I have nothing like what you are looking for, sorry
Well, I'm off. Hope everyone has a great day!
Good thoughts and prayers to everyone

auntiemern
July 24th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Wow Blondie. It is going to look fabulous when it is finished. So glad that you got help from them 2 young men. Thinkin tho that you could work circles around them. Going to try , the operative word being try, to get something accomplished today. Have a blessed day all, hugs and prayers.

alliek
July 24th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Lisa: One of the first things in an illness, whatever it is, is to find a Doc that listens,looks like you have so I believe you are on a positive road. We are praying for you. Blondie, I sure could use those" muscle guys" . Just my DH and me to dig in Virginia red clay. It's just been too hot to do much in the summer. Whatever we did in the spring is it! The butterflys and hummers love the deck flowers and the "knock-out" roses keep on blooming in spite of heat and dry conditions, so I guess we did good in the spring. Today overcast, warm, and so windy. Lost a beautiful big dogwood in the last derecho that came through here, Now my weeper is vulnerable without it's companion. Hope we don't lose that one too. Enjoy this forum so much. Talk to us Lisa, we care.

sewmuchjan
July 24th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Hi Folks, just another quick stop and say HI and send prayers and hugs to all.
Nice place your Mom has Blondie.
Hugs to you Lisa.
Can't help ya there Rebecca but looks yummy.

Got to go be Grandma and stuff like that...Today is my DD B-day...so the girls gave her a call and wished her a happy day..She is on here as Sewengirl>>>> she is.....34 today!!! Gads has it been that long since she was little????

Stay cool to those in heat, those in cold stay warm, and all of us inbetweener's..it could be worse...Have a good day...ALL.

Hugs, Prayers, and Blessing to you all,
Jan G.
I hear someone saying Grandma I am board!!!! UGH!!!!!! got to run!!!!

Blondie
July 24th, 2012, 08:15 PM
]Hi chickies

Another long day with pull - en- tee of breaks. Too hot to do much. We got an early start and pretty much quit before noon. I have been bathing my arm and shoulder with some bio freeze. It does help, even though it stinketh much. Maybe it will ward off the skeeters!

Lisa, you know you are in my prayers. My heart is full for you, sweetie.

Reading and posting as I go here. Have a wonderful evening, folksies

Sleep tight, sweet dreams and all that jazz

SuzyQue
July 24th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Blondie---I saw something in your mom's yard that I haven't seen in a long, long while......green grass! Looking good!
Lisa and Lonnie---prayers said for you both.
Another hot and dry day here.....looks like the rain coming this week might be too far north for us, but I am still praying. Got bad news about a dear friend last night, so a little down today. ....more prayers. Off to sew more plates this evening....the Dresdens await!