PDA

View Full Version : Monday - and it's gonna be a good one

Blondie
July 23rd, 2012, 06:30 AM

Happy Monday, Folksies

I know many don't like Monday because it is back to work day. I am happy it's Monday as I will see my grand puppies again and work in my Mom's yard one more time. I know that I said yesterday that I planned on doing absolutely nothing. Well, I did absolutely nothing but work at Mom's house. I skipped church and I don't feel a bit guilty. Sis did as well. We packed up our Coke Zero's, water and of course, some choc chip cookies ~ once Mom left for church we ran down and started our yard crashing. Oy. Let me tell you, we work in our yard/gardens very regularly; yesterday we had some great cloud cover, not too hot but oh so muggy. Cat and I took a break every 10 to 15 minutes. Still have a long long way to go. Today we are hoping to have a friend's teen age sons help us with the digging and hauling. I promised to pay them and give them both a haircut.
I thought I would be a bit stiff this morning, guess I am getting tough because I am not the least bit sore.

I noticed all the hullabaloo and concern about the daily deal. That really is a good deal. Of course every time I go to look at the daily deal I spend far too much time working on a larger order. So irresistible.

Congrats to Megan on Reagan's arrival. Prayers for all my sweet friends.

Have a marvelous day and don't forget to SMILE!

rebeccas-sewing
July 23rd, 2012, 06:34 AM
And here I thought you were basking in the luxury of a good book and some sweet tea, Blondie ! I miss working in my yard! I love the city but I'm really a country girl at heart!

Blondie
July 23rd, 2012, 06:50 AM
Rebecca, it is so hard for me to sit and do nothing! Plus, Sis and I decided it was going to be easier to dig up the sod after a nice rain the evening before. I will start posting pics once I see if they come out. I think I may have left the camera at Mom's last night.

candy
July 23rd, 2012, 07:41 AM
It's going to be another hot day here. 100 plus degrees forecast for the whole week. I think I will spend my days inside at the sewing machine!

Lonna
July 23rd, 2012, 08:33 AM
Becareful out there in that heat Blondie. It is going to be a long day today. Did not rest at all last night. DH was having a bad night and in the course of things keeping me awake. My manager is on vacation this week so there is no calling off at all this week. Not that I ever do but it is nice knowing there is someone to back me up if need be. Well let me run and go and see what the daily deal is. Have a great one my friends.

Monique
July 23rd, 2012, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone.

I did NOTHING yesterday. Hubs and I went to a flea market and I bought some vegetables. LOL!! We went to a BBQ and swam in the pool. It was so freaking hot. The pool only cooled you down a bit. Food was fantastic of course.

Next week we are going to the camp. No phone, no hydro, no noise. HEAVEN!!

Rain is forecasted for later today, but we will see. Had been forecasted all last week and we never got any.

Not much planned for today. Started a DP9 (first time) baby blanket for a shower I was invited to in a couple of weeks. I will get pics as soon as I can.

That's about it for today. Have a wonderful day everyone.

buckeyequilter
July 23rd, 2012, 09:09 AM
Good morning....

Well it's back to work (thank goodness).....we began the process of moving our hobby rooms, yesterday. I am so sore and I asked DH why his toys were so much heavier than mine. I have fold up tables that can be carried....he has a steel table. I have sewing machines, he has bench presses, grinders and all kinds of other heavy junk. He's getting ready to move his gun safe today - good luck to him LOL

It's going to be a hot one today so everyone that is in this heat wave please drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated.

Have a wonderful day....hugs and prayers to all.

NanaB
July 23rd, 2012, 09:12 AM
Morning, all. Today I have an appointment with the glaucoma guy and then have no plans for the rest of the day. I do plan to get back out in the yard and pull grass from the butterfly flower bed. Got poison oak/ivy, so I'm going to try and get the beds cleared asap and hope that I get the rest of the poison all in one fell swoop. I have gotten so susceptible to it in the last few years. Feels SO GOOD to scratch!!!! Gotta take the clippers to the 'bubbie' bush (sweet shrub). It is probably 20 feet tall, and it blocks the view from my back windows!!! Keep your fingers crossed that I don't kill Great Grandpa Wagoner's shrubbery!! Have a great day, everyone. Love and prayers to all.

aliaslaceygreen
July 23rd, 2012, 09:16 AM
Work in a few minutes. Hopefully a lunch with Laylabug if her mom comes down this way...then a half day of meetings tomorrow and three days off...only one with plans! I am envisioning a total makeover in the corner where the ironing board rests.......

Hope everyone's Monday is awesome!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 23rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
Hi fokls! I swam with the dolphins yesterday ( grandkids who would rather be in a pool than anywhere else)! We were all worn out after that. We went to eat dinner, then I took them home and went home and collapsed. When I do that, I wake up in the middle of the night. Bought the Daily Deal, got caught up in that drama, then went to the sewing room and began working on another UFO that I plan to finish today. My grandson brought me a book he wants me to read, so I used that to finally lull me back to sleep.

So today is going to be spent finishing UFOs and keeping cool. Hope you all have a good day!

cassie a newbiequilter
July 23rd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Hi and afternoon everybody, think at last we might be getting a summer here in UK, its 20c, after so much rain and floods feel so sorry for those cleaning up still,,,
Used to love working in my garden but have to get someone in now as it is beyond me,, I still grow a few veggies in tubs no bending down,, and my fruit garden is good,, happy day Cassie

CrazyMtnLady
July 23rd, 2012, 10:51 AM
Good Morning. Having a slow start to the day. Gator woke me up at 4am wanting to go out and of course as soon as he gets back in, TarButt has to go out! So was up for about 1/2 hour with them and then I went back to bed and slept in!

Yesterday was a very quiet day, spent in the air conditioning watching old movies. With the temps in the 100s that is about all we can do. We have to run to town either today or tomorrow and DH may have to go back to have his glasses redone, which will mean a trip back to Springfield.

I got all my stitches ripped out from my FMQ I did not like. So maybe I will try again today. It all depends on how hot my sewing area is, since there is no AC in that room.

Stay cool.
Prayers and hugs.

Sandy Navas
July 23rd, 2012, 11:29 AM
I have been hanging back, hoping not to sound like a whiny butt this morning. However, I am still NOT up to par and rather than bore everyone, I am just going to say hello and fade into the woodwork. It will be nice if they get our air conditioning fixed today. Did start feeling WHOWZER yesterday and got a whole lot of things done in the sewing room. Making clean-up and re-org progress that is totally amazing for ME!!

Swimming with DD, DSIL, and six of the seven DGDs as well as DH yesterday. No wonder I am a MESS!!

sewbizzy
July 23rd, 2012, 11:44 AM
Good Morning everyone...I love to read all the posts of what everyone did yesterday and hopefully will do today...
You are the busiest group I know...I do like all of the energy that takes place on this forum---mentally and physically!!!
You all give great help and information to all that need it...and I love the stories that you let us in on your everyday lives...
I AM SUPER GLAD THAT I FOUND YOU ALL!!!
and thank you for letting me be a part of it...
Have a great day everyone!

Granny Judy
July 23rd, 2012, 11:59 AM
Getting here late.. have laundry in the works and quilting on the machine. Its a toss up to see which gets done first.
I'm home alone....kids vacation ended. DSnL needs surgery on his left knee that he injured back in 08. Bone spur growing and making his leg look like he has 2 knees!! Had some nice showers over the week end thus saving the green stuff in our yard. I still think I have lost my Hostas...??

Container gardening has saved me lots of time weeding and watering. It's still an experiment for me. Trying to find the best spot to set up and care for all them. Maybe next year I'll try the patio deck as it is in the sun all day!!

Hugs to all and prayers going out to all. Congrats on the new additions to the family.. Aww, the Circle of Life!! I sure could use some sweet baby cheek pinching..

Claire Hallman
July 23rd, 2012, 12:04 PM
You might try to cut the hosta back, sometimes it will re-sprout.

Granny Judy
July 23rd, 2012, 12:08 PM
You might try to cut the hosta back, sometimes it will re-sprout.

I may just do that.. I still have others that survived and they need thining.. ? hummmmm?

Madeforyouinma11
July 23rd, 2012, 12:21 PM
Good morning everyone! Well, yesterday I was only supposed to do some light housework, but ended up going through some clothes and rearranging drawers in my bedroom. It feels great that it is done because I emptied a storage shelf that can now be used for... I don't know.....FABRIC???? lol So because I did that, I never got into my sewing room to clean and organize that. Hubby is working some overtime today at court so when he comes home he will nap before going into work tonight so I have no one to distract me. I want to send some pics to show you, in case there are suggestions on what I should do, but I need to paint too. Maybe I will take before and after pictures. Well, have a great day every one! I need to tear myself away from here or I won't get anything done there!
Good thoughts and prayers for everyone. Have a wonderful day! :)

GrammaBabs
July 23rd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Busy doing nothing... that's me...LOL
SewBusy... i'm with you....
Today made a call for script renew,, and oh, boy,,, they have an opening... so off i go for a 1:00... then to pick it up... i've been fighting going,,, just started Medicare, and our pic of supplemental is not the greatest... going to re-work it in Oct. for next year... just in time to get the hip done... afrter Christmas....
Will stop by the pool on the way back and dip and chat with the gals... simple supper tonight for sure.. our humidity is back,,, but we are blessed with central air, so i don't complain... wish i could share with everyone...
Only bad thing about this wonderful comm. living is hearing of the deaths.... another one last week,,,, but i focus on making people laugh and smile while i'm here.... with almost 900 homes... it's like High School only "old people".... LOL
Our HS friends moved here 3 yrs. ago so that's a blast... we all have different levels of energy,, (me being the lowest)... but i AM the only one that does handwork or even has a hobby.... they just keep moving because they have nothing to do "sitting still".... (that's my take, and i'm sticking to it)....
Have a great day all.... your always in my thoughts... my "cyber Sisters".....:icon_wave:

middlesis1966
July 23rd, 2012, 12:39 PM
Morning all! Its Monday for sure. Thats all I'm gonna say about that. I really wanted to throw the alarm out when it went off this am. Not in a Monday mood today. Lack of hormones are kicking in today, so I'm not that happy today. Well to tell you the truth I'm in a broom riding kinda mood. While being thrown ito menopause has its advandages, I'm trying to see what they are today. Heck if a millon dollar money bag fell on me I'd be complianing that its only a million instead of being greatful. Need to find a happy medium today. I just need to take several breaths and count my blessing and hopefully that works!!! Ok enough for the time being. Don't need to bring you all down.

Have a fun filled Monday and I hope yours is going wonderful!!!

auntiemern
July 23rd, 2012, 01:19 PM
Woke up miserable this morning. My entire body hurting. I am down at Rhonda's and was sharing twin bed with DGD. She beat me up all night long. Tonight will be different sleeping arrangements. As soon as I feel like moving, and getting this body working again, I am going to start on something. Probably the other monkey quilt for future GDGS. Also found an organization that gives 20x20 preemie quilts, to hospital for the NICU. That size is apparently what they want for the isolets. As Blondie would say "shoot fire heck" I can knock them out pretty fast with just scrap fabric. Think I may do a few of them since my work space here is limited. Hugs and Blessings to all. Prayers for those that need them, and those that don't know they do.

HandsOffItsMine
July 23rd, 2012, 04:36 PM
Marilyn, sorry you got beat up by your GD. Ollie does that to us when he's sleeping with us. lol Man, he can do a 380 during the night, but I just love how it starts and ends with those little hands and arms. :)

Hope you're up by now and feeling a bit better. (((Marilyn)))

My body clock is still off, been getting up at 4 am, still 1 to 2 hours before my normal time. Ugh! At least I get my emails done early.

Working on putting my fabric away, also found a box from Riley Blake that came while I was gone...Alpine Wonderland Charm Packs/Layer Cakes/Fat Quarters too cute. Now I got to do an electronic search for my Xmas Design that I did in the Spring for Xmas. Already forgot what I entered! FibroFog!!

Got to do sell off the Traditional and Old World panels and fat quarters in Flannel that I have - not much call for that when selling under RubyHawaii lol

Also do an inventory on what colors I'm low on as we all gravitate to a certain color palate don't we? :)

Prayers and love to all, Ruby

sewmuchjan
July 23rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
Good afternoon or evening where ever you are....just a quick stop by to say HI...DGDs have me going in many directions!!!!! Feedings, entertaining, washing, washing, washing, cleaning, cleaning....sewing critters, and baths!!!!!! OMG!!!! I am pooped, 12 more days and Mom and Dad come to pick them up!!!! Don't get me wrong I love having them, and then hate when they have to go....But I am POOPED!!!!! :)

I did finish my tumbler top that I had shown ya'll but untill I get a real puter, (I am on a very small notebook type, and tough to read!!!!) I can start posting pictures again!!!!!

Hugs and prayers and blessings for you all!!!!!! Welcome new Babies and New Granny's.... :D

Jan G.

Blondie
July 23rd, 2012, 08:34 PM
Sakes alives, Becki, Sis and I have been searching high and low for some sweet shrub to root or buy. Good luck! We also have plenty of the three leafed devils in the yard and both Luscious and I get sick sick sick with it. We have to wait for BIL to pluck it up.

Morning, all. Today I have an appointment with the glaucoma guy and then have no plans for the rest of the day. I do plan to get back out in the yard and pull grass from the butterfly flower bed. Got poison oak/ivy, so I'm going to try and get the beds cleared asap and hope that I get the rest of the poison all in one fell swoop. I have gotten so susceptible to it in the last few years. Feels SO GOOD to scratch!!!! Gotta take the clippers to the 'bubbie' bush (sweet shrub). It is probably 20 feet tall, and it blocks the view from my back windows!!! Keep your fingers crossed that I don't kill Great Grandpa Wagoner's shrubbery!! Have a great day, everyone. Love and prayers to all.

Blondie
July 23rd, 2012, 08:41 PM
Hi Folksies

What a long morning I had. Tomorrow will be different. I am warning you right now I am gonna be getting in that yard at Momma's and go for broke at 6 a.m. Had two teen age boys this morning to help Cat and I out. One worked hard and the other mostly needed a cattle prod. Sigh. It was sooooooo hot and the sun so bright that I didn't have the heart to push them. Mom made choc chip cookies for them. Nice treat.
They both agreed to get up early and start the day with us. I will drive and pick them up and be back before the sun is too high.

Marilyn, I sure hope you get better rest tonite. I intend to sleep like a log.

After the sun I got on my face today, I look like a cheery tomato. And I was wearing a hat. Heckfire, shoot! I will be as freckled as our old hog, Red if I keep this up.

A storm looks like it is trying to brew out there. Lots of thunder and lightning. Big lightning makes me want to turn this thing off!!!!!! I sure hope we get the rain and not just the sound effects and light show we've gotten for two days now. Some rain would sure help that grass come up easier.

Blessings to all!

auntiemern
July 23rd, 2012, 08:43 PM
Once I got up and started moving a little my parts loosened up. And then.... we moved furniture from mom's to here and from here to there. (mom's house is on their property right behind the main house) Now I didn't do any heavy lifting, mainly supervisory position. I did however start helping Rhonda set up her new sewing space in mom's house's spare room. Niece is going to move into it with her little guy. But the spare room has a sperate entrance and will be locked off from the rest of the house. Also helping her get caught up with some laundry. So now I am in unable to move mode again. Not going to get any sewing done at all today. But tomorrow is a different day, and I get to sleep in bigger bed with DGD tonight. I AM going to sew tomorrow, no matter what. I have barely got to use my new machine.
Marilyn, sorry you got beat up by your GD. Ollie does that to us when he's sleeping with us. lol Man, he can do a 380 during the night, but I just love how it starts and ends with those little hands and arms. :)

Hope you're up by now and feeling a bit better. (((Marilyn)))

My body clock is still off, been getting up at 4 am, still 1 to 2 hours before my normal time. Ugh! At least I get my emails done early.

Working on putting my fabric away, also found a box from Riley Blake that came while I was gone...Alpine Wonderland Charm Packs/Layer Cakes/Fat Quarters too cute. Now I got to do an electronic search for my Xmas Design that I did in the Spring for Xmas. Already forgot what I entered! FibroFog!!

Got to do sell off the Traditional and Old World panels and fat quarters in Flannel that I have - not much call for that when selling under RubyHawaii lol

Also do an inventory on what colors I'm low on as we all gravitate to a certain color palate don't we? :)

Prayers and love to all, Ruby

NanaB
July 23rd, 2012, 10:04 PM
Sakes alives, Becki, Sis and I have been searching high and low for some sweet shrub to root or buy.

Blondie, if you know how to root it, you are more than welcome to have some. I'm sure our family 'roots' would make it in Rockingham County!!!

BellasQuilts
July 23rd, 2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks Blondie!

Happy Monday, Folksies

I know many don't like Monday because it is back to work day. I am happy it's Monday as I will see my grand puppies again and work in my Mom's yard one more time. I know that I said yesterday that I planned on doing absolutely nothing. Well, I did absolutely nothing but work at Mom's house. I skipped church and I don't feel a bit guilty. Sis did as well. We packed up our Coke Zero's, water and of course, some choc chip cookies ~ once Mom left for church we ran down and started our yard crashing. Oy. Let me tell you, we work in our yard/gardens very regularly; yesterday we had some great cloud cover, not too hot but oh so muggy. Cat and I took a break every 10 to 15 minutes. Still have a long long way to go. Today we are hoping to have a friend's teen age sons help us with the digging and hauling. I promised to pay them and give them both a haircut.
I thought I would be a bit stiff this morning, guess I am getting tough because I am not the least bit sore.

I noticed all the hullabaloo and concern about the daily deal. That really is a good deal. Of course every time I go to look at the daily deal I spend far too much time working on a larger order. So irresistible.

Congrats to Megan on Reagan's arrival. Prayers for all my sweet friends.

Have a marvelous day and don't forget to SMILE!

MRoy
July 23rd, 2012, 10:11 PM
Becki, our neighbor had a bubbie bush many years ago...I never heard it called sweet shrub. I don't many of people in my area who have this old-time plant nowadays.

lilmouse
July 24th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Hi everyone.....I love Mondays because with my work schedule it is "FRIDAY". I have two days off and the only thing I have to do is a Doc appt at noon....I have big plans for cleaning house (quickly) and then sew, sew, sew...can't wait....hugs and prayers for everyone...Blondie please be careful in the heat...I've gotten sick twice this year already from the heat and I am only in my late 50's.....this year has been the worst for me with the heat...normally I love it...now not so much!....no spring and they are saying summer is going to last into October...does this mean no fall either?....now I am rambling..time to go....love to all.:icon_wave: