PDA

View Full Version : Sunday

Blondie
July 22nd, 2012, 08:44 AM

Good Morning, Folksies!

It's a wonderful morning, a brand new day! It is a wee bit cooler this morning; we've been having some storms roll through overnite - (my kind of rain, hehehe) - and I was able to sleep in! Don't hate me because I wake up cheerful. I don't always wake up ready to go. But I almost always wake up happy and hopeful. My blood type is B Positive. My family always said mine was the easiest to remember for obvious reasons.

Yesterday's get together with hubs family was very nice. We don't always get all of his siblings together often. Before their Mom passed away it was a given that they would all get together regularly. They live far enough away that we don't pass each other in the stores, drop in unexpectedly, etc. They all decided yesterday to get together every 2 to 3 months for dinner. Realistically I think it will be more like twice a year but if they can manage to get together for a potluck that often, I would be thrilled. My hubby's family are good folks. In fact, they are just as nutty as mine and yours.

Today I will be chilling. Vegging out. Doing absolutely nothing. And I mean absolutely nothing. No yard work, no running around, no nothing. I may read through some magazines or novels I have been putting on hold. Ahh, and then I can take cat naps. Oh yeah, today is a good day already!

Prayers continuing for my sweet friends and family here. If you have any choices to make today, choose to be happy.
SMILE!

rebeccas-sewing
July 22nd, 2012, 08:47 AM
How lovely, Blondie! Enjoy that delicious down-time. It's sunny in London. Probably cloud up by afternoon but that's okay by me.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 22nd, 2012, 09:23 AM
Today I get to swim with the grandkids. I've been promising them for weeks to take them to this pool in the next county that has a 40 foot high slide. We went last year and the little one was too little to go on it, this year, all she wants to do is go on the slides! She is 47-7/8"high, just barely under the usual 48" minimum, hopefully she'll crane her neck up high and be let on the slide. They love to swim, and it sure is a fun way to spend a day with them when it's hot.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Ginny B
July 22nd, 2012, 09:46 AM
Good Morning. It's a beautiful day here. ;) Sunny and not too hot/humid. I hear the cicadas but they are not very loud this morning. I slept real well last night. Yesterday I had a great conversation with my eldest ds. He sounded so much better and had a more positive outlook. I also spoke to #3 ds in California and talked about their wedding plans, etc. I slept very peacefully last night. So today it's tackle some laundry (actually have load #2 in already :) ), maybe a little fun time in my garden and just relaxing with dh most of the day.

Blondie, isn't it great when we have fun times with family. Enjoy your day today. Sounds wonderful. Jean, have fun at the pool with those gdk's. Rebecca, enjoy that sunshine while it's there.

Have a wonderful, relaxing day of rest today.

Ginny B

ginampls
July 22nd, 2012, 09:48 AM
Hello guys! [I] am doing well, I have day off. need to go get pay check has been there waiting for me for days..DD starts summer school tomorrow and that will be good for her. My brothers new girlfriend is planning to take her swimming today so i wi8ll be able to run to work to get some stuff along with paycheck. its all good. bought me some new shorts yesterday.. size 8.....weird. perhaps i need to have thyroid blood work again. not that i am complaining about the weight loss. i am not trying...some folks really struggle to loose just a few pounds. and here i am ..shedding... total loss...69lbs.with out trying...need new clothes including undies. which i have bought. when DD goes to summer school i think i will go get properly fitted for a bra.

Madeforyouinma11
July 22nd, 2012, 10:06 AM
Good morning everyone! Getting ready for morning walk, then some light cleaning,(very light) and then into the sewing room for me. Hubby goes back to work tonight after his days off so I have no other plans. Trying to get more quilt tops made with materials that I have and then I will go to the store to get the missing pieces,(borders, batting and backs). Then I am going to try my hand at machine quilting, but I will be using a stencil with pounce for a while until I get the hang of it. I'm also waiting for some Moda charm packs that I got online. A total of 8 for under $60! I'm excited to do a D9P with one of them. Well, I hope all of you have a wonderful day whatever you have planned. Good thoughts and prayers to all who are in need. :icon_bigsmile:

Patience
July 22nd, 2012, 10:25 AM
Good morning. I will be leaving later to travel to my next assignment. I don't always get to post but I do get in to read each day. Thanks to each member for their sharing and giving.
I can hardly wait for the pinnie swap to be completed. I am anxious to see who gets mine and who I receive from.

CrazyMtnLady
July 22nd, 2012, 11:02 AM
Good Morning. I can't believe I stayed in bed (dreaming of fabric) for so long. I did get up a little bit ago and feed the cats and kittens and the dogs.
Horse and Mule I have refused to feed since the big black snake crawled across my feet the other day! DH can feed them!!!!

Nothing planned for today. I am ripping out the few FMQing stitches I did in the yellow child's quilt that I was unhappy with. And maybe I will try again. My neighbor gave me a pillow her sister made for her that is torn and asked me to fix it. :( The material is really thin and I think I am going to put another layer of fabric underneath the top then batting and a bottom layer and quilt around the dinosaur patterns. I think that will make it a lot stronger and last longer.

Guess I will wait to see what the day brings my way.

hugs and prayers.

aliaslaceygreen
July 22nd, 2012, 11:06 AM
Another oversleeper here...it must be the cooler weather, right? I have to head to work. Again. Of course. And tomorrow. But then begins a short week--half day Tued, off Wed, Thru, Fri and work Sat....
I probably shouldn't tell anyone I am off those days and MAYBE I can do some serious cleaning/organizing/quilting!!!

LynneLeavell
July 22nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Getting Hubs ready to go out of town to work. He's been out of work since March. I'm looking forward to it. He will be going to Alabama so it's not that far. Unfortunately I won't be alone, my daughter and her two boys are living with me so they will be here. But there will be some sewing, and crosstitching, and sewing hopefully will get done. I may even read a book. I have started that again. So today will be mainly finishing up laundry and getting things that he will need. But I do plant on doing some sewing.

Everyone have a great day. Prayers going out to those who need and to those who don't.

Sandy Navas
July 22nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Hello guys! [I] am doing well, I have day off. need to go get pay check has been there waiting for me for days..DD starts summer school tomorrow and that will be good for her. My brothers new girlfriend is planning to take her swimming today so i wi8ll be able to run to work to get some stuff along with paycheck. its all good. bought me some new shorts yesterday.. size 8.....weird. perhaps i need to have thyroid blood work again. not that i am complaining about the weight loss. i am not trying...some folks really struggle to loose just a few pounds. and here i am ..shedding... total loss...69lbs.with out trying...need new clothes including undies. which i have bought. when DD goes to summer school i think i will go get properly fitted for a bra.

You know, Gina, it just ain't fair. You loosing all that weight and me finding part of it . . . without trying!! Oh, how I wish I had a similar problem.

Sandy Navas
July 22nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
I'll try to be brief. Short on sleep - up at 4 on Saturday to make a 240 mile RT with DD to go to a food coop. Lots of fun, lots of fresh fruit and veggies coming home with us. Crashed when I got home though - I don't do well on sort sleep nights. And, contrary to my signature line, I brought home GREEN bananas.

Sinus are a mess. Who knows why. The usual gory stuff. AC went out last night. Joyce, I have empathy. WHY does it always happen on the weekend? Luckily we are still under our maintenance agreement - however repairmen are booked fully and it will probably be tomorrow before they can get here. Fans running all over the place. Luckily we have two separate units - one for upstairs and one downstairs. So my sewing room is AC'd - however since I feel so rotten I don't think I will be sewing.

Oh, all the usual. I feel as if I will burn up before the end of the day. No pity though - I probably need to sweat off some toxins and fat!

cyndiofthevortex
July 22nd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Hi everyone,

Bethany has been sick for 8 days and now Jonas and I have caught the bug. No church for us and our beach plans have been put on hold. DH snored like a monster last night so a good nap is on my list of things to do today. Yesterday I quilted the middle of my homespun quilt and will continue on that today in between rests. Even sick I just hate to sit still. Sorry to interrupt this post with a big YAWN. Hope it's not contagious.

Lonna
July 22nd, 2012, 11:30 AM
Good Morning All,
Not going on much here today. DH is beginning to feel a little bit better today. He is not sure if he wants to do anymore chemo or not. Has an appt. with Dr. on the 3rd so I will take that day off to go and be with him and see what DR. has to say about it.

No big plans for the day pancake breakfast cooked, a few loads of laundry and then into the sewing room to get week six quilt along block done. Working on a quilt for Mother-in-law who claims I never make her anything. We wont talk about all the cross stitches, afgan, turquoise jewerly that I have made for her. Any way have a great day my friends.

MRoy
July 22nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
Good Morning...I've been up for quite a while, now the grands are up and going too. Grandson likes history so we're going history hunting today. We're going to find the historical marker here in our home county that commemorates the only diamond ever found in KY. The diamond is in the Smithsonian Institution so we're doing the second best thing by looking at the marker. We'll probably stop by the National Fish Hatchery and feed the trout too. That's something we do every summer when they visit.

sewbizzy
July 22nd, 2012, 11:52 AM
Good Morning all!! Gina, I am so envious of the weight loss...I am with Sandy on this one...if anyone loses some, I pick it up...
Blondie, Trish, Donna, and Lynne, I hope you have a restful day---reading or sewing-
Babs and Jean have fun swimming...Rebecca enjoy London today... Patience, I can't wait to see all of the pinnies too (even though I wasn't in this swap)
Ginny, I'm glad eldest son is better...
Myrna, enjoy the day with your gc
Lonna, prayers going out to your dh and his decision
and Sandy and Cyndi, I also am just not feeling good---hope everyone down with a bug will feel better...
Have a great day everyone!!!

middlesis1966
July 22nd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Morning all! I'm trying to get up and at it, but I have no desire to until I have a few more cups of java. I stayed up way to late last night. Plan on starting a bag for my sissy and it's one that just to get the fabric fixed up is a 2 day process. But in the end it's gonna be worth it. Enjoy your day all!

auntiemern
July 22nd, 2012, 02:56 PM
Good day all. The best laid plans.... Was planning on getting started on another monkey quilt for step grand son's new baby boy that is coming in Sept. Was planning on going to Rhonda's for a few days this week, but apparently those plans have been pushed up. DGD is wanting to go down there for VBS at Aunt Rhonda's church. So if I have to drive her 3/4 of the way to meet up, I might as well go the whole way. Hopefully I can still get some sewing done while there. Have a blessed day everyone. Hugs all around and prayers for those in need.

buckeyequilter
July 22nd, 2012, 03:14 PM
Good afternoon.....

I love reading these posts...gives us a little insight into each others lives :) and a feeling of friendship.

I went to the family reunion yesterday and a good time was had by all (I think)....at least I had a good time. I have a sister that couldn't go because of a medical condition so I was getting ready to take one of my cousins (from out of town) to her house and two more said they wanted to go. So we all loaded up and invaded her house - had a nice visit. We were walking to my car and one of the hubby's said "well that looks like a group headed for trouble". I told him just be sure to have bail money when I call.

Today hubby and I are switching hobby areas. I need to get a few sheets of drywall and then some paint. Since the pool table is already in there and covered with a board and canvas drop cloth, I am going to get a piece of plexi-glass (hopefully they can round the corners for me). I will use that for layering my quilts and laying them out before sewing. I'm hoping to get a quilt frame this fall and since the room is larger - it will fit nicely in there. Everytime I walk in there I change my mind about where I want everything LOL

Well DH is fixing some food...so I guess I'll eat and then get back to moving.

Have a wonderful day...prayers and hugs to all.