PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, a day of rest!

Monique
July 22nd, 2012, 08:39 AM

Sunday again? I missed yesterday's thread.

I was at the flea market yesterday and came back with only an electric frying pan. Brand new $5. Now maybe I can throw mine out? I thought I was very good.

In the afternoon, I had to sell tickets for a 50/50 draw at the Jamboree. Half went to the Shawville Lionettes, which we will put back into the community. I sold every single ticket we had. Half the pot was $743? Not bad for an afternoon. I had a ball and I don't like to blow my own horn, but I do love to sell tickets and am pretty good at it. LOL!!

We had dinner at friends and were back home by 8:15. What's up with that? The MEN wanted to go home early!

Today we are going to BIL & SIL for a BBQ. I might just take a little swim while I am there.

Have a wonderful day everyone. God bless you all on this day of rest.

rebeccas-sewing
July 22nd, 2012, 08:42 AM
Hi Monique-

You've been very busy! The barbecue sounds divine! Expecting a quiet day today, maybe a walk.

denisecolli
July 22nd, 2012, 09:05 AM
A day of rest DGD rose at 7am so we painted had breakfast sorted her material for her quilt and phew dropped her home at 10. Now back home and back & front gardens mowed, yard bleached ( dog run) washing folded nd put away, house vaccumec. Had. Sandwich it's now 1pm and DGS on his way for round 2 Whay day of rest back to work tomorrow for rest lol have a good day. Everyone th sun is shining

Madeforyouinma11
July 22nd, 2012, 09:30 AM
Good morning everyone. No big plans today. Will be leaving for our morning walk soon and when we get back I have some light cleaning to do and then I'm hoping to hide in my sewing room. Hubby goes back to work tonight after his days off so nothing to do except sew! That's really not true, there is always something to do, clean or fix. Well I'm off for now. Hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday. Good thoughts and prayers to all who are in need.
Cil

CrazyMtnLady
July 22nd, 2012, 11:06 AM
Good Morning,

No big plans today.. BBQ sounds good. I do have a chicken thawed out in the fridge... maybe I'll throw it on the grill later.

Maybe I'll float around in the pool for a while. We have a canopy over the pool so I won't get sunburned and the water doesn't get heated to much by the sun. Makes it really nice to enjoy on a hot day. It's only one of those 12" above ground pools but it works for me. :)

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Hugs and prayers.

Sandy Navas
July 22nd, 2012, 11:32 AM
Denise made me tired because I was reading about all her accomplished chores. Totally worn out! Anyone know how to flush sinuses and get rid of my nasties?

sewbizzy
July 22nd, 2012, 11:55 AM
Monique, sounds like you are a great ticket-seller...you did a wonderful job...what a sense of accomplishment to know you helped this group with their finances...

denisecolli
July 22nd, 2012, 11:58 AM
Sandy now DGS has left I am now chillin in the sun which we don't see much of here in the UK debating whether to get the sewing machine out lol sorry cant help with your sinuses ( have u tried Vicks) or nasties but hope better soon

Lisaau
July 22nd, 2012, 12:03 PM
its 1.03am Monday morning here in Australia ..l could do with a hug

denisecolli
July 22nd, 2012, 12:09 PM
Hugs sent ur way Lisa

quiltingtrish
July 22nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
I'm good with Hugs Lisa!! Here's one for you HUG!!!!!

Hugs,

Deneldac00p
July 22nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
its 1.03am Monday morning here in Australia ..l could do with a hug

Lisaau
I give you a great big hug, can I get one in return. Sometimes living on your own and being your own boss is not so great.

Lisaau
July 22nd, 2012, 12:13 PM
(((((((((((((Denise , Trish and Denalac)))))))))))) Thanks :)

RiverMomm
July 22nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
(((((((Lisa)))))) Everyone needs a hug at times, especially at 1am!

The flea market sounds like a fun place. I wonder if there is one around here. What would "flea market" be in French? I would love to go someplace like Tuesday Morning or a flean market and score a deal on fabric. :)

The weather here is just beautiful-slight breeze and not too hot or humid. Like the most of the rest of North America, we could really use some rain. We had a good soaking on Tuesday but now its back to dry. New rules and laws are in effect so we are not allowed to water grass or anything (we can water our flowers if we use a watering can-no hose). Our neighbor has a pump set up so he can use lake water and lets us use it. I don't want to abuse the offer but it has been nice for the hedges and flowers. :)

auntiemern
July 22nd, 2012, 02:47 PM
Good day all. (((Lisa))) Sandy, have you ever tried using a nettie pot. They are supposed to be great for flushing out sinuses. Monique, sound like you are a wonderful ticket seller. I am going to try to get some sewing in today. Was thinking about that shoo fly pattern for baby quilt for soon to arrive, great grand son, (stepson's son, mine aren't old enough for that yet). My use the monkey fabric again. Hugs and Blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.

Bubby
July 22nd, 2012, 02:54 PM
Here you go, Lisa....(((Hug)))...I hope it helps. Take care the rest of today and baby yourself a little.

I'm baking oatmeal cookies for DH's lunch this next week - that is if I can keep him out of them today!

It's horrible hot here with high humidity. Sandy and Lisa I hope you feel better soon. Prayers going out to all our special ones with needs....Hugs, Barb

Sandy Navas
July 22nd, 2012, 03:41 PM
I hate laptops!!! Al and I have retreated to the basement where we have AC and fans. I took DayQuil so feel better and have been sorting fabric. Got my sinuss cleared so all is well. I've just been running here and there all week long so needed some rest. Hopefully this ocming week will be a good and quiet one for me.

Sending (((((((HUGS))))))) for EVERYONE!!

KiltedQuilter
July 22nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Just checking in quickly, I am still on the coast at my parent's. Will be home mid-week I think though. Really enjoying being here(the boys are being especially spoiled by the grandparents)!

Have managed, between chatting with mum(and shopping) to cut some fabric for a quilt though! :D
It's some lovely vintage 60's and 70's prints(Laura Ashley mostly) in blues and white, thinking of making a "vintage" looking ratty shabby chic type thang. I'll post some pics when I can!

Hope you are all having a fabulous Sunday. :)

toggpine
July 22nd, 2012, 05:58 PM
RiverMom, have you thought about plugging the tub when you take a shower and then using that on your yard? You can get a small hand pump to get it out of the very bottom. We used the "rinse" water from the dishes once it cooled to. We did that one summer when we had water-rationing where we lived.
They sent some one around to see why we still had a greenish lawn and flowers. One of the neighbors saw us watering with a hose out the bathroom window and reported us. We used the gravity to drain the tub until it slowed. Shut off the valve, capped the end of the hose in the tub so we didn't have to pull a vacuum every time, and then pumped out the rest into buckets for the watering cans. The home owners association folks that came out thought it was pretty clever, and told the neighbors to either ask us how we managed it or mind their own dang business.
Most of the neighbors were just too lazy to bother and let their yards & gardens die. I am so glad we have moved from there!
I LOVE our little farm! We still watch the water, but not quite that closely. Although we have contemplated a cistern for the grey water out of the tubs and showers. It would certainly be helpful for irrigating the upper pasture during most summers when it dries up by mid-July. We just haven't decided to try to get permits to dig that big of a hole.

Today has been less adventurous than yesterday. I have computer work that needs done and then I'll squeeze some time for the sewing room in! Although, I am pretty sure I hear the cookie jar calling, it appears to be in need of something to fill it. I am having a hankering for those peanut butter blossom thingies with the Hershey Kisses in the middle. Oh goodness, I hate this time of the month! The chocolate cravings are horrible!

I missed visiting with you all! I hope to get back to posting more often!
Hugs, Cathy