PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning Out

madampolo
July 20th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Our air conditioner when out last night, and the repair man came first thing today. He said it was a fan motor, and off he went to find one. That was five hours ago, and we are still waiting in one hot house.

madampolo
July 20th, 2012, 04:04 PM
The repairman is here, just as I was writing this. There is hope!

kelliedi
July 20th, 2012, 04:05 PM
I say beat the heat and go fabric shopping..... just an idea

Jean Sewing Machine
July 20th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Ouch! What a time for that! I saw the air conitioner repairman at my neighbor's house, his is the same age as mine, hopefully the malady won't jump across to my house. Hope your guy returns quickly with the parts and you'll be cool again.

buckeyequilter
July 20th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Being uncool is no fun. Believe me I know - our power was out for 5 days in 100+ degree weather. Hope he gets it going soon.

madampolo
July 20th, 2012, 04:36 PM
The air is back on. It was off about 18 hours.

RFREE
July 20th, 2012, 05:02 PM
YAY! Good to hear it.I bet you are sooooo relieved!

Blondie
July 20th, 2012, 05:43 PM
On the bright side, you saved 18 hours worth of extra money on your power bill. Don't slap me. I feel your pain.

NanaB
July 20th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Glad you're cooling it now. We can't stand the heat--especially this year!!!

auntiemern
July 20th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Oh Blondie, you are so funny. If mine was going to go out, today would have been the best day for it to happen. Only got to 85 today. Will be back up to 104 by Sunday. The weathermen are talking like we are going to be in an higher than normal temp level til the middle of Oct. Lord have mercy on us.

madampolo
July 20th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Funny, last year we had a drought that killed a lot of our trees, and the temperature was over 110 degrees I don't know how many days in a row. That is unheard of here. We usually get a few 100 degree days, but it is mostly in the 90's. This year, we had rain every other day in July, which is normally our driest month. Everything is green, and the cows are loving it. I saw where there is a big high pressure over Texas, and the rain is circling around it now. I hope that high moves, because it doesn't take long to dry out. The air conditioner is working again, and the house is cool!

Genny
July 20th, 2012, 11:24 PM

Glad you got your air back on, that would have been 17 1/2 hours too many for me...I'm such a wimp! I cannot stand the heat, when I go outside at about 90 degrees I almost get sick. We're supposed to get over the 100 degree mark next week and stay there most of the week.

I seen on TV this morning that our drought may last till middle to late fall. If it does all our trees will die and we have 18 of them. Our apple tree is almost dead now. The leaves have all died and fell off and the only thing on the tree now is apples...what a weird sight. I've seen a lot of pine trees around town that have completely died.