PDA

View Full Version : DH has gone into labor! Please say prayers for a healthy delivery

BellasQuilts
July 19th, 2012, 06:45 PM
well folksies, this is it. DD has gone into real labor and they are off to the hospital. Waiting for DH to arrive so we can head up their ourselves. Please say a prayer for a quick and safe delivery!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 19th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Best of luck! Hope it really isn't the DH in labor! That would be a first!

K. McEuen
July 19th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I imagine he'll be pretty darn sore after the delivery.

Hope everything goes well with your daughter. You aren't excited, are you?

Genny
July 19th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Oh yes...another little angel being born!

BellasQuilts
July 19th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Haha, guess I am excited. No, it's DD#2 not DH. Still waiting for the call that they are checked in so we can head up there. It's a 45 min. drive so DD wants to be sure she is really checking in before we arrive. Just in case they say go home and come back later. I'm pacing around now....
well folksies, this is it. DD has gone into real labor and they are off to the hospital. Waiting for DH to arrive so we can head up their ourselves. Please say a prayer for a quick and safe delivery!

rebeccas-sewing
July 19th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Exciting stuff! Keep us posted!

HandsOffItsMine
July 19th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Megan, prayers and healing light heading your way from the Island for a healthy little one and save delivery for mama!

How exciting to become an Oma and Opa for the first time! Don't let daddy go too crazy as he stands on the side lines coaching!

Huggers, Ruby

EsGrandma
July 19th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Megan - so excited for you!!!!! Prayers going out for a safe delivery and celebration for this precious new babe and family!

madampolo
July 19th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Very exciting! We will want pictures!

auntiemern
July 19th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Way to go Megan. Nothing like having grand children. I was with DD when all of hers were born. It is a memory I will always cherish. And I can honestly say, at that moment I have never been more proud. Although if I posted some of the pics of her during labor, you would wonder why, lol. Prayers for momma and baby winging your way.

buckeyequilter
July 19th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Tell your DH that I wish him luck with the delivery *lol* j/k.

I hope your DD has an easy delivery and I can't wait to see photos :)

SuzyQue
July 19th, 2012, 09:25 PM
I thought I read that wrong! You are excited! I would be, too! Congrats and hang in there. The waiting will be tough on you!

Sandy Navas
July 19th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Sending the whole family congratulations (even if a bit early) and hoping for a quick and safe delivery - especially for DH. Megan you will have to live with this typo for a long time.

RFREE
July 19th, 2012, 11:02 PM
I read the name of your thread and said HUH??? DH gone into labor?? Then after I read on I can see how very excited you are. CONGRATULATIONS !!

chrissherman
July 19th, 2012, 11:03 PM
What an exciting time!! I was at the birth of all 3 of my grandkids, and I remember the panic, excitement and pure joy!! Nothing greater :icon_bigsmile:

MRoy
July 19th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Prayers, best wishes, and congratulations sent your way. Looking forward to pictures!

Loonwatcher
July 19th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Oh, the waiting!

Jess1377
July 19th, 2012, 11:33 PM
What beautiful and heart warming news! Such an exciting time to have!! Prayers for a healthy and safe delivery for your DD and new grand baby!

Musical_Starling
July 20th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Yay! How exciting! Lots of prayers and love being sent out to the new Mom (and Dad) and baby :)

And I hope DH doesn't need too many stitches :icon_giggle:

Poppytree
July 20th, 2012, 06:57 AM
any news????

rebeccas-sewing
July 20th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Has the little one arrived yet?

CrazyMtnLady
July 20th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I sure hope the little one makes it's entry into the world soon. Waiting to hear the good news. Congratulations to the whole family.

Cathy F
July 20th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Hopefully soon, waiting for the good news :)!

mamaquilt
July 20th, 2012, 09:54 AM
A quick delivery, a healthy baby, happy parents and even more happy and proud grand parents!

Michèle

Winniesfriend
July 20th, 2012, 10:45 AM
We are all still waiting for news.

Divine Daisy
July 20th, 2012, 11:20 AM
its these men, they make a meal of everything........now if women gave birth we would just get on with it....................

denisecolli
July 20th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Just tuned in again to see if we have an arrival ... Not yet hope Mum. Baby both well

Monique
July 20th, 2012, 01:49 PM
All the best to everyone and a safe delivery for Mom & baby.

BellasQuilts
July 20th, 2012, 03:32 PM
UPDATE: DD got a dose of Pitocin a bit ago. Contractions coming closer and getting intenser All is well just more waiting. Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers.

madampolo
July 20th, 2012, 04:02 PM
That Pitocin worked wonders on me. I think I delivered 4 hours later. If she's been laboring this long, it might be less time for her. Post updates!

janluna
July 20th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Prayer being said for a safe delivery, and for Mom and Dad, and Grandparents as well. Hugs, Jan L.

janluna
July 20th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Has anyone heard from Megan? Do we have a baby yet? I'm getting worried, so I'm praying harder! Hugs, Jan L.

Poppytree
July 20th, 2012, 11:37 PM
UPDATE: DD got a dose of Pitocin a bit ago. Contractions coming closer and getting intenser All is well just more waiting. Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers.

Hopefully its all over now - awaiting the good news with bated breath!

janluna
July 21st, 2012, 12:21 AM
Yes, but that was 2:30 this afternoon. She's been in labor since last night. I'm just worried about her and the baby. I didn't think think they would let her go for so long. I know they used to, but things have changed. At least around here anyway. I'll keep checking back. The medic in me is getting antsy, I guess. Hugs and prayers for Megan's DD and GC, Jan L.

BellasQuilts
July 21st, 2012, 12:24 AM
Another UPDATE: We came home to feed the dogs and to take a quick nap. I needed one. They have upped the Pitocin and they gave her a epidermal today. Just woke up and SIL says contractions now much closer and stronger. We are going to go back to the hospital in a few. It's a 35 minute drive back and forth to the hospital. DGS is taking his sweet time, just like his mother did! Keep praying please. I'm, of course, worrying about my baby and her baby.

auntiemern
July 21st, 2012, 12:47 AM
Still praying for all of you. I am getting quite anxious.

Donna F
July 21st, 2012, 01:43 AM
Oh wow I haven't missed the delivery yet....ok will be praying for all and checking back for pictures later. I'm so excited!! I've been a nana for 5 weeks now and I'm in love with the lil man. As a matter of fact I should post new pics of him while we wait.

rebeccas-sewing
July 21st, 2012, 05:57 AM
Thinking about you this morning. I actually went hunting for this thread to see what's going on. Gosh, how many hours has she been in labor? Seems like a really long time.

CrazyMtnLady
July 21st, 2012, 10:31 AM
Just checking to see if we have any more news yet!

Prayers for a healthy happy baby and no problems for the Momma.

I know the waiting can be hard. I was in labor for my first for 22 hours.

Sandy Navas
July 21st, 2012, 02:33 PM
Saying prayers that we all hear something soon. Being a long-distance, surrogate grandmother is almost as difficult as giving birth . . .