PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Morning Hellos

Blondie
July 19th, 2012, 06:59 AM

Good Morning, Folksies!
The past few days have been nutsy but then I thrive on chaos. Don't you? Mom's cataract surgery went very well. She was loopy much longer this time from the anesthesia. Yesterday the follow up visit went well and then she wanted to hit the garden centers with sis and I. Next dr visit is to the cardiologist which I expect will go very well.

Lots of reading to get caught up on here. Thanks again for your loving prayers. Check in later, everyone.

and oh PS:

Just in case you are feeling overwhelmed on these 90+ degree days...

With humidity! Click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=xkk7DX0l95A&Lid=12

Now don't you feel better?

SMILE !

dizzyLiz
July 19th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Blondie,
I'm so glad things went well with your Mom. I'm about to leave for the hospital and hopefully DH will get to come home today.
Wishing a blessed day to all.

Liz

quilter.martha
July 19th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Morning Blondie! I've been off the forum for a week! My DH and I went camping for 5 days and I just haven't found my routine again since we got back. Oh, it was so good to get away. No internet, no cell phone, no radio, no TV--it was great! I have lots of catching up to do. But today I go back to work, so it's going to have to wait a little longer. It did cool down finally last night and this morning I'm sitting here with moccasins on my feet! I hate the heat and humidity. I'd take that snow in your link any time (but not the ice!).

MRoy
July 19th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Good morning! DGD and DGS are still asleep and I'm loading up on caffeine before we start getting ready for the day. We're having a great time with the grandkids.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 19th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Hi everyone! Guess vacations are great to get away, but we need some r and r to get back to normal. At least I do! Watching the grandkids today, so no quilt making today, it's swimming pool day!

Glad the surgeries and patients are doing OK. Hope everyone continues to do well!

Hot here, by now, 95 feels balmy! I have a weed growing in my garden, I ignored it when it was 6" tall, now it is 4 feet tall with flowers! Got to get that thing out of there before it takes over the world!

Monique
July 19th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Nice to have you back Blondie. Glad Mom's surgery went well. Hoping the appointment with cardiologist goes well too.

I only did laundry and some cleaning yesterday. I was just in that mood. Today I will continue trying to get my sewing room a little more organized.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Bubby
July 19th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Blondie,

I'm thrilled that Mom's second eye surgery went so well! Nice having you back, too! I love your link this morning...it actually makes me long for winter...what can I say. Loved the music by Old Blue Eyes.

DH took today off from work so we can get in an extra day working at the apartments this week. I picked a half bushel of ripe tomatoes last night after dinner, which we're taking with us today to share with our tenants. This is the best tomato year for us in a long time.

I mowed for several hours yesterday and took a wild hair and went down our highline to mow and don't you know I ran out of gas and had to hike home and carry a full 5 gallon gas can back to the mower. Luckily I was only about 1/4 mile away but that wore me out for the rest of the day.

I have been craving fresh strawberry pie for about two weeks and yesterday I broke down and made one....Yum! I seldom indulge in sweets, but this was so worth it!

Liz, I hope your DH gets to come home today.

It's time for us to leave so I will check in later. Wishing everyone a good day...Hugs, Barb

middlesis1966
July 19th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Good morning all!!! Glad to see your moms surgery went well. I bet shes glad that both eyes are done now. My mom said it was so awkward while she was going thru both of hers.

My mom is finally closer to home, yahoo!!!! But now the insurance company is only going to let her stay until Saturday. She fell the day before yesterday and that really upset her bad. I sure hope that the nurse coordinater can do her magic and get them to understand she can't go home.

The next few days are going to be busy busy. I'm going to need a vaca to recover for sure. Going to do the Relay for Life Friday. I hope I can make it all night. This will be my first all nighter.

Stay safe all in this heatwave that we are in again. Please let it rain. We need it badly.

Have a fun filled day all!

quiltingtrish
July 19th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Hi everyone~~
Sewing is on the agenda for today. I am working on the red/white quilt. Similar to what Blondie made and I got a pattern that I rewrote from my girlfriend. Her pattern called for 6 1/2" blocks with 1 1/2" sashing, but I am using a layer cake and a jelly roll. All the pieces for the sashing and cornerstones are cut and I am ready to lay it out and sew together today. I'll get a photo.

The new name for my house is THE ZOO. With a 24 yr. old DS, and 3 teenage'ish girls, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a DH - well, let's just say they go in one door and I go out another. It will be like this for about 2 weeks. Then I get rid of one girl and one dog.
Tomorrow is DD Katie's knee surgery so I'm sure the weekend will be busy with tending to her.
Hugs and prayers,

buckeyequilter
July 19th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Good morning....

Blondie, I'm happy to hear your mom's surgery went well. I hope her visit to the cardiologist goes well too.

My mom is being released from the hospital today and has to go for a mammogram before going home. She will go to the doctor next week for the results of all the tests. I'm praying that everything comes back normal and there is no cancer.

I think when I get home tonight I will work on my quilt some more. Then, if it's not storming, I will move some more of my stuff to the larger room. DH put an air conditioner in there last night for me so it should be comfortable working in there.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day...prayers and hugs to all.

Lonna
July 19th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Good Morning All,

So glad to hear everyone is doing so well. Shirley prayers are still coming your way for your Mom pray all test come back clean.

So tired this morning Wayne had his first strong dose of chemo monday and he has been feeling ill. Needless to say I have not had a good nights sleep yet this week. Then last night I had to make a trip to the New Orleans Airport. Of course with the bad weather Sue's flight was an hour and a half late. It was after midnight before I got to bed last night. I am thinking about asking to go home early today. I am sitting here fighting sleep as I type.

Have a great day my friends.

Genny
July 19th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Thank you so much for this video...cooled me right down! After our temps reaching 105 yesterday...I needed it!

sewbizzy
July 19th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Good Morning Blondie and everyone!! Happy for your Mom...still sending prayers her way and all the others that need them..
I'm off to get 2 gds (ages 7 and 9) to make some sachet pouches...this will be their first time on the sewing machine...I had another gd over a few weeks ago and she made one...she keeps texting me about when we are going to sew again...I can't play favorites, so she is patiently waiting to come back...
I had lunch yesterday with my retiree friends...we have met once a month for 12 years now...
I made some potholders to put in the shop yesterday and some children's Pirate and Steeler denims...
I hope everyone has a blessed day!!!

Sandy Navas
July 19th, 2012, 11:23 AM
What can I say - I have enjoyed reading what everyone is up to today. Nothing new to report on this front. Don't you just love it when I'm quiet and behaving. I must be ill.

Rain storm bypassed us again last night by about 30 miles.

Sending all those special prayers where needed. As Marilyn said yesterday - even for those who don't realize they need them.

Divine Daisy
July 19th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Just back from the vet with Seamus who has delevoped a skin problem which is driving him and therefore me mad! While I was there I asked him to run a kidney function test as Seamus really has been very droppy and not himself. Skin problem aside I think he is peely wally as my auntie Lizzie used to say. So we go back in the morning for that.

Also this vet doesnt believe that cats have psycological problems............. Ha! he should have met some of my special needs rescues over the years! In fact he did meet Ben once when he tried to rip the vets throat out for taking his temp. Personally I felt the cat had a point..........

So, apart from cat ferrying I have to put the baby's name on the quilt in finished quilting yesterday! I cannot believe I sandwiched and quilted the entire thing before realising I had forgotton to put the name and date on it,..............sighs

lilmouse
July 19th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Morning everyone,

We got lots of rain last night...I think 2 thunderstorms moved through here...went to sleep listening to the rain...very sweet. All the grass here is brown and crispy.
Worked on my quilt some more last night...it is coming along nicely.
My sister is home from the hospital...finally...severe allergic reaction to medication..was in hospital for over three weeks! Now I can relax a little bit.
I am off to get ready for work...had to check in here first. Makes my morning and day go smoother.
Glad to see you back Blondie...you were missed.
Prayers going out for all who need them and also some hugs.
Everyone enjoy your day....stay cool! Take care of yourselves!

Susie

Granny Judy
July 19th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Hugs and prayer for all this fine day. Not much happening and I've got one machine sitting idle today. Finished up the Star block for the QOV group and it's in the mail.

Just have the one quilt under the needle now. I think I'll finish it before starting anything new. Just taking a break til something reaches out and grabs me. Maybe a NAP is in order...

auntiemern
July 19th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Blondie, so happy to hear mom's surgery went well. Shirley still praying for your mom. Lonna, I know how exhausting spending days on end at the hospital can be, will say extra special prayer for you. Today, I am just not happy. Went to bed unhappy and woke up the same way. Some how while quilting my soldiers quilt about a 2 ft long section of the edge, got quilted into the quilt as well. Been ripping most of the quilting on that border out all day. I am blaming it on DH for continuosly distracting me while trying to quilt. Between him and having issues with machine last night....just did not make for a good end to the day. I WILL, however get this quilt finished today. Blessings to all, and prayers for those that need them. Have a great rest of the day, and try to get in some fabric therapy.