PDA

View Full Version : rulers

biddy88
July 18th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Hi all I am new to quilting and I need help can someone tell me what the ruler is called that has the lines in it to cut perfect spaced fabric and where I can get one from a big thanks

biddy8

Claire Hallman
July 18th, 2012, 08:36 PM
I think you may be referring to the June Taylor shape cut ruler and it is available at lots of places, M*QC may even have it, Joannes, etc.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 18th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I was going to suggest JoAnns, I got mine at Hancock if you have that in your area. They are really wonderful.

Loonwatcher
July 18th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Walmart also has it.

buckeyequilter
July 18th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I got mine at JoAnn's with a 50% off coupon.

ncgrammie
July 18th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I got mine at Joann's online with the 50% coupon and have seen it at Hancock's and Ben Franklin. I use it ALL the time to make strips and squires. It is great. I hope you find yours soon.

madampolo
July 19th, 2012, 12:26 AM
I, too, think the June Tailor rulers are the way to go. Since I have them, all my regular rulers just sit around. Besides the Shape Cut consider the June Tailor Half and Quarter Square Triangle ruler. So many patterns call for half squares and quarter squares, and with this ruler they come out perfect! I also use that same ruler for drawing lines across blocks for snowballs and flying geese using the rulers marking channel, and I use it to square up regular squares. The only other rulers I would get are the square up block rulers that square up the finished blocks if they are larger than 6 1/2. I use my 12 1/2 square up all the time. Once you get experienced, you may want to get things like the circle cutting, Dresden, and other such rulers, but for the easier quilts, June Tailor is the way to go.

sewbizzy
July 30th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I also got the shape cut at JoAnn's with a 50% off coupon...
Joyce, I will have to look at the others that you mentioned too...thanks for sharing

pcbatiks
July 30th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum! Happy quilting!