PDA

View Full Version : Update on Douwe!

Klasien
July 18th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Yesterday there was another update on my brother!
I will copy/paste his email so you can all read what he had to tell us all

Dear family and friends,

This morning I had the first bone marrow aspiration to determine the effect of the second chemotherapy to assess. At the end of the afternoon the doctor brought the wonderful news that my bone marrow is now completely empty, and so completely leukemia-free! We are so happy, grateful and relieved with this fantastic message and would so like to share with you.

Early next week will be the second bone marrow aspiration done and we hope, trust and pray sure there is no single leukemia cell in my bone marrow will be found. If the result is again quite good, the bone marrow transplant will be put in motion.

Lilian and I want again thank you all very much for all the support you have offered in many ways. Will you continue to pray for strength, endurance and healing?

We remain confident of complete cure!

Douwe and Lilian

The transplant is in sight!
We had another call of the doctors, my older sister is a 100% match also, so they have 2 donors now.
Since I already had the intake and told the doctor I use medication, it might be my sister they are going for.
It is all fine with me, we will see who will be the final donor, as long Douwe will become healthy!!!

Thanks so much, for all the love and support, I am still not as active on the forum as I was, but I will be soon.
Sometimes I am just to tierd to respond........
Last saterday I saw Douwe he is a very sick man, but the sparkle in his eyes was back, my parents and my DH and I had a good visit, and we hope and pray that the new cells his body is making will be GOOD cells!

Thanks again and God bless you all my dear dear quilting friends!!!

(((HUGS)))

buckeyequilter
July 18th, 2012, 10:43 AM
That's good news! Will continue to pray for him and your family.

pcbatiks
July 18th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Klasien, That's fantastic news! I breathed a sigh of relief when I read Douwe's update. I'm so happy for all of you. Will continue to prayer for more great reports!

sewbizzy
July 18th, 2012, 10:51 AM
What wonderful news!!! I am so happy for your brother and your family!!!
Will continue to pray for him...

cyndiofthevortex
July 18th, 2012, 10:53 AM
If this makes me cry I can't imagine what it must do for you, Klasien.

Sandy Navas
July 18th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Klasien, no wonder you have been on my mind today. I am sending you a private message. Hope to hear from you soon.

Sandy

EsGrandma
July 18th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Fabulous news! Will continue to pray for you and your family. Linda

Jewel
July 18th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Great news, I'll keep you all in my prayers.
God is great!

Jewel

K. McEuen
July 18th, 2012, 11:39 AM
That's great news! I'm glad that he is responding so well to the chemo, hopefully it won't have to go on much longer.

Genny
July 18th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I am so happy that your brother is better, this is wonderful news!

Bubby
July 18th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Wonderful news, Klasien!!! I will continue to pray daily for Douwe and family. Take care of yourself, my friend! Hugs, Barb

quiltingtrish
July 18th, 2012, 11:48 AM
How wonderful to hear this! I will keep praying for him.

Hugs,

EnumclawGramma
July 18th, 2012, 11:57 AM
The power of prayer is showing on this forum! Great news! Thank you for sharing....

Cathy F
July 18th, 2012, 12:09 PM
So glad to hear your good news, I pray all continues to go well for him and your family!

BellasQuilts
July 18th, 2012, 12:17 PM
What wonderful news. Hang in there Klazien. We are praying for his healthy and speedy recovery.

madampolo
July 18th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I am glad to hear the good news! May he continue to have that sparkle in his eyes, and may he achieve a complete cure!!

lilmouse
July 18th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Great news; thanks for sharing. Will continue to hold all of you up in prayers and sending cyber hugs your way...we understand but you are missed on the forum!

rebeccas-sewing
July 18th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Hi Klasien,

I wasn't on for a while due to company. I am just hearing about your brother's illness today. Wishing him and all your family the best. Glad to hear there's good news.

Rebecca

Madeforyouinma11
July 18th, 2012, 01:03 PM
So happy that you received good news! Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Lonna
July 18th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Isn't God great! So glad to hear this news continued prayers being said for you all.

CrazyMtnLady
July 18th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Wonderful news.....continued prayers.

auntiemern
July 18th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Oh Klaisen, So happy to hear such great news. God is great, and does listen to our prayers. Will continue to pray for you, Douwe, and the rest of the family.

Aprilisslowlylearntoquilt
July 18th, 2012, 02:38 PM
The power of prayer is a amazing thing....i am so happy to hear this amazing news... will continue to pray for you and your brother and your family...

Monique
July 18th, 2012, 02:40 PM
That is just wonderful news to hear. Continued prayers to you all.

sewmuchjan
July 18th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Yes prayers will still be said for your DB and all of your family, and of coruse you too dear.

Love, Hugs, and Blessings for healing for you and yours,
Jan G.

NanaB
July 18th, 2012, 05:46 PM
What good news that is. I know it is a relief to your family.

RFREE
July 18th, 2012, 10:31 PM
This is wonderful news Klaisen.I will continue to pray for him.

New York Sue
July 18th, 2012, 10:40 PM
GREAT news! There's something to be said about the power of prayer and positive thoughts!
WOOHOO!

meemeecyn
July 18th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Such wonderful news, Klasien. Goes to show the power of love, including his sister!

Winniesfriend
July 19th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Thank you for sharing the good news.

bec
July 23rd, 2012, 01:51 AM
Such wonderful news! I'm so excited for all of you! Tell Douwe that we will continue to pray for a complete recovery for him and for the strength, endurance, and faith for him and his family to get through it all.

phoots
July 23rd, 2012, 02:05 AM
I'm so happy for your news!! I will keep praying that the second test is still good and they can go ahead with the transplant!

Pam in Vegas

MRoy
July 23rd, 2012, 07:39 AM
This is wonderful news! Prayers for Douwe and family are continuing!