PDA

View Full Version : It's Wednesday AGAIN so soon.

Monique
July 18th, 2012, 09:13 AM

Good morning everyone.

I hope you all had a lovely day yesterday.

I was up at about 3:30 am yesterday and could not get back to sleep. Internet was down for most of the day. So I started sewing my block for the swap and got those finished.

It was just so dang hot yesterday that I thought I was going to melt. I finally got my windows back from the repair shop and put those back in. I am not looking out through fog anymore.

Not sure what today will bring, although it is much cooler today.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Prayers going out to those in need.

cyndiofthevortex
July 18th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Hi Monique and all of my quilting buddies,

Finally a storm to break some of the heat last night. Unfortunately it left very little rain for the gardens and it took the power with it when it left. My sons were having a party and they played cards at the kitchen table by the light of an oil lamp. Hopefully the storms predicted today will bring some relief to the gardens and lawn. My plan for today is to walk by my homespun quilt top up on the design wall and admire it every chance I get. I'm very happy with it.

Bubby
July 18th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Good Morning,

It's going to be another scorcher today. After dinner last night I mowed the front yard and this morning before it gets too hot I will do the back.
I hope you all have a great day...nothing really interesting happening around here this week!!

buckeyequilter
July 18th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Good morning...

I'm at work - getting ready to start my day.

Please continue to pray for my mom. She is still in the hospital and they are still doing tests and haven't told us much of anything yet. She had a CAT scan on Monday and a biopsy yesterday and she told me that today they're going to do a mammogram. I talked to her a few minutes ago and she said she might get out on Friday and then will go to the doctor 2 - 3 days after that.

I was going to make mom a quilt for Christmas but I think I'm going to get the fabric this week-end and it may be for Christmas or sooner, according to what the doctor tells us.

Special prayers being said for all those that need them either for themselves or a family member or friend.

I'm making a quilt with Jenny's new tutorial (Katie's quilt). It's an easy quilt and I can't wait to get a few rows put together so I can see what it's going to look like.

Well need to get back to work. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

quiltingtrish
July 18th, 2012, 09:29 AM
And you should be happy with it Cyndi because I love it!
Good morning to you too Monique. Just stepped outside here in Central PA and it's so humid, it slapped me right in the face. I have 1 run to the post office and then I am in the rest of the day. It's even too humid to hang clothes on the line, don't think the wetness would have a chance to come off of them. Well, it is summer and they did say it would be a hot one, but it won't last forever.

Thanks to Blondie and her red and white quilt with squares and sashings, I not only purchased a red and white layer cake and jelly roll months ago, but I finally started a red and white quilt last night. It will be similiar to hers only it will have larger blocks and sashings. It looks like with the fabric I have, the top will only come out to about 50 x 74 if I am figuring right so with a border all around it just might fit a twin bed. I was given a pattern by my girlfriend and had to readjust the size of the squares and sashings so I am hoping I am winging it by the seat of my pants right. Sometimes I surprise myself and my quilts turn out pretty good. Other times, I am shaking my head at myself. LOL!

Well, here's hoping I can jump in the shower the minute DH gets out, before the 3 girls or DS jumps in the extra shower. I don't want to wait until noon for hot water.

Morning Bubby and Shirley! Prayers for your Mom, Shirley.

Hugs,

BellasQuilts
July 18th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Good morning all. Today and tomorrow I am taking a client wine tasting here in the valley. Sounds like fun, but this will be a grueling day. She is hopefully going to buy lots of wine. Tourists are a big deal here in our area and certainly help our economy. Hopefully it will be good weather for it. We have been cooler than usual (you all back East are getting it all it seems). Hope all have a healthy and happy day today.

Lonna
July 18th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Another work day here for me. I am hoping and praying for a rain shower this afternoon just to cool it off some. I work at a Mini Storage and I am on a cement lot. My office and the offices that we rent out where at one time 10x 20 storage units that have been made in to offices. They put up walls with instulation and in the ceilings but still they do get warm even with the a/c going full force. Just can not keep these metal walls cool. Yesterday our heat index hit 105 as soon as I stand up from my desk it was like 10 degress hotter then when sitting.

Lifting up prayers for those in need and for those who don't. Take care my friends and have a great day.

sewmuchjan
July 18th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Good morning all my dear quilty friends, very nice here today foggy and cool for now and that has the Calf Fire get 100% contained. I humbly thank you all for your prayers and support they worked, and you all helped me hang on to some calm to keep my DGDs focused on orther things than the fire down the road. Bless you all.

So today is going to be house cleaning day while it is cool and because my house looks like a blonde and red tornado have gone though it!!!! UGH!!!! Oh well they won't be "bored" today!!!!!! HEHEHE

Sending prayers to all of you in need and those who are not in need cuz it can't hurt!!!
Love you all,
Jan G.

Divine Daisy
July 18th, 2012, 01:54 PM
is supper time now and I have spent the day FINALLY finishing a baby quilt that should have been and was planned to be a 'quicky'. Best laid plans and all that lol, I went and got all arty farty and designery on it. Did LOADS of work and then suddenly decided I hated it.

I think after those 'no trouble quilts' I broke out with the design thing. Anyway I ripped and ripped and made it simple because frankly I am fed up with it lol. Besides which at this rate the kid will be teething before he gets it. The mother just asked for a quilt with sheep lol so that is what she has got and I am NOT going to applique. (I did applique and thats what went wrong and also it got too big~) So tomorrow I will quilt the bugger and get it off my hands probably friday. Then I will get paid which will be nice!

I have named this quilt 'dun Ripping' Although the client doesnt know that :)

Right, fish and chips for supper tonight and my stomach says its time.

Tarra

CrazyMtnLady
July 18th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Good Morning (well almost afternoon) I just got a chance to sit down and catch up on today's posts and anything from yesterday I might have missed.
I was up bright and early and got the house vacuumed, laundry on the line, dishes done, horse & mule fed, dogs and cats taken care of and now I can relax until the company gets here! They may not stay the night after all, which is fine with me. They are coming here to pick some things up to take to Texas with them but they have to go back home (about 2 hours drive) to pick up the Mrs. paycheck tomorrow. If they don't stay we will have a nice visit this afternoon.

It is scortching hot, I have a reading of 100*F on my thermometer. I should lose about 10 pounds just by sweating! LOL

I am anxiously waiting for the mail-lady to come. I made my very first MSQC order last Friday and I really think it will come today! I am so excited I know I bought the Friday daily deal...but I can't remember what else I bought. LOL.....old timers!

Hugs and prayers to all in need.

auntiemern
July 18th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Good day all my quilty friends. Shirley, still praying for your mom. Cyndi, I think I would pull up a chair and just sit and look at it. It is beautiful. But hey, you do have to finish it. Need to finish unpacking and getting things put a way, or laundered. Gonna try to work on my soldier quilt. Gonna be a scorcher here again today. Don't plan on being out much. Have a blessed day filled with fabric. Prayers going out to those who need them, whether they know it or not. Hugs to all. ((((Forum))))