PDA

View Full Version : I was sooo good! No really...I was!

Divine Daisy
July 17th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I have been waiting with decreasing patience for a large delivery of white egyptian cotton. I use miles of this stuff and buy it from a supplier who is usually very good and very quick with delivery. However this time they were out of stock and I am still waiting despite promises yard yarda.

Anyway, two quilts stalled for want of white cotton so today I took myself off with great reluctance to buy a couple of meters. when I got to my fabric shop I stopped, gazed and realised I was probably drooling. they had had a new delivery of Freedom Fabrics!! ALL of the new lines...........oh my, the shelves looked so divine. I wanted some of this, lots of that and all you have of THIS. But no, I was good. I bought my two meters of white and left.......nearly killed me but I did it.

Howeverrrrrrrrrr I now have so many new quilts in my head, all requiring masses of the new lines from FF.

Wanders off to cut up white cotton mummbling about what I could be unpacking if I hadnt been so good.

Sandy Navas
July 17th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Alison - I can feel with you. I absolutely love Freedom Fabrics. GORGEOUS. I hope they are close enough that if you decide you made a mistake that you can hustle right over and pick up a few pieces . . . a girl can dream, can't she? Dream on!!

K. McEuen
July 17th, 2012, 11:54 AM
That Freedom Fabric is so pretty. I still haven't used mine and am thinking that it may be one of those fabrics that you end up taking out to look at for a while and not using. Although, while typing this I've just had a thought that the pieces I have would be perfect for a New York Beauty quilt. I've been practicing making those blocks. Hmmm...might have to buy a bit more of the solids to make it work, if I can find them.

Divine Daisy
July 17th, 2012, 11:58 AM
That Freedom Fabric is so pretty. I still haven't used mine and am thinking that it may be one of those fabrics that you end up taking out to look at for a while and not using. Although, while typing this I've just had a thought that the pieces I have would be perfect for a New York Beauty quilt. I've been practicing making those blocks. Hmmm...might have to buy a bit more of the solids to make it work, if I can find them.

Perks.....NEw York Beauty quilt? wassat? It needs Freedom Fabric??????? Share! details! tell me!

Seriously if you can't find what you need, give me a shout and I will get it and send. (At least then I could stroke it before I posted it lol)

K. McEuen
July 17th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I took the online Crafsty class, easy strip paper piecing. It really does make it seem easy, at least to me. I have some solids that would look great as the points and the peacock/dragon fly print for the background. What I have is from the Deco Delight line. I know they still have the solids available.

New York Sue
July 17th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Oh my...I just did a search on freedom fabrics in the U.K.
BEAUTIFUL!
Where can we find it here??

SuzyQue
July 17th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Good girl, Daisy! Sometimes these are not the most fun trips, but yet sometimes the pocket demands you obey and only get what is needed. Not as much fun......but think of all the fun you are having creating in your mind. Once you have the perfect plan, perhaps you can splurge on the fabric you love~

madampolo
July 17th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I looked up Freedom Fabrics, too, and WOW are they beautiful! I fell in love with the Pure Velvet line as I love purples. All of their fabric, at least that I looked at, has strong, beautiful colors. I tried to see if it is available in the U.S., but I don't think it is. They give some company names, but most don't have websites, and the one that did looks like sells to quilt shops.

K. McEuen
July 17th, 2012, 02:33 PM
I bought my Freedom Fabrics online from Fabric Depot. They will have a limited selection of them sometimes, not always. There are a couple other websites that I've found them on as well, just never the whole line.

Sandy Navas
July 17th, 2012, 10:42 PM
It would be wonderful if you could find Freedom Fabrics over here (US Stateside, that is). However, we traitors just have to realize that it is like tea - when Great Britain offered it we threw it in the water . . . The only way I know anything about it is that I ran across it in a fabric store one time when I was traveling form the Middle East. I wasn't into quilting at the time or I probably would have bought all I could afford at the time. It is wonderful!!

auntiemern
July 18th, 2012, 12:15 AM
So very proud of you Alison. You have more will than I do for sure. I have no doubt, that I would not have been able to walk out with just what I went there for.

phoots
July 18th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Oh, Daisy, you are a lady after my own heart!!! I love to go to the fabric store (or look online) but I have to be so careful!!! Yes, I know I'm working but Lord only knows when my job will end. It is a temp job, after all. I too have quilts swimming in my head, I just don't have measurements for them. One day I'll put them on paper!!

I'm proud of you Daisy girl!!!

Pam in Vegas

lilmouse
July 18th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Daisy, I feel your pain and your joy at buying only what you absolutely had to have.....just keep reminding yourself about that vacation in January and you will feel much better about the whole thing.....

CrazyMtnLady
July 18th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I am very proud of you!