PDA

View Full Version : Another PRAYER Request

Sandy Navas
July 17th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Our dear on-line friend, JanG from California is in the path of a raging forest fire that has already destroyed over 750 acres and is headed towards her home. Jan has the grandkids with her and they are panicked. Neighbors at 2 miles away have already been evacuated.

Please keep Jan and her surrounding neighbors in your prayers.

bakermom
July 17th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Prayers for their safety

lilmouse
July 17th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Praying as I type....those fires are horrible!

buckeyequilter
July 17th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Prayers being said to keep them safe.

Patrice
July 17th, 2012, 10:32 AM
oh goodness. will be praying for them today

CrazyMtnLady
July 17th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Prayers being said to keep them safe. My skin just went all covered in goose pimples and a chill went down my spine as I read that.
Will pray all day for those in the path of the fire.

cyndiofthevortex
July 17th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Prayers going up. Keep us informed as you can.

Lonna
July 17th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Prayers going up as I type. Praying for their safety.

Divine Daisy
July 17th, 2012, 11:41 AM
oh my! lots and lots of good wishes and holding of breath from me. Hope she is ok!

Er............. just occured to me............. think she will save her stash? After the grandkids of course!

EsGrandma
July 17th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Prayers going up for her and all affected by those terrible fires.

K. McEuen
July 17th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Prayers for their safety.

The fires out west are terrible again this year. A few weeks ago, while I was house-sitting, I had my stuff packed and was sitting there with the dog, ready to leave as the fire was less than 3 miles from the house. Luckily they got it knocked down enough that night, at least on my side of the river that evacuation wasn't needed. The smell and smoke was bad though. I told the homeowners later about the fire (they were on vacation in Africa) and said I planned on just taking Nellie and going home to my house. They were glad that their dog would have had a safe place to go, but said it was nice that their house wasn't burnt down.

SuzyQue
July 17th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Prayers said and will be repeated. Safety is the greatest concern and wisdom to make wise, yet difficult choices.

quiltingtrish
July 17th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Prayers coming. How scarey.

Hugs,

Loonwatcher
July 17th, 2012, 12:48 PM
They've got my prayers.

madampolo
July 17th, 2012, 12:49 PM

I know how she feels. Three years ago during our big drought and heavy winds, a fire started that burned 34,000 acres and 1,600 homes. The fire was 16 miles long and 20 miles wide. They stopped it about 6 miles from our home. The winds spread it so fast. That amount of fire spread like that in just two hours. If they hadn't stopped it, we would be goners, too. The had to call those big planes that drop water on it from California to here in Texas. I thank God for those planes. I will be thinking of your friend. I listen to the news about the fires in California and Colorado, and pray for anyone in their path, and for the men and women who risk their lives to stop them.

sewbizzy
July 17th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Prayers being sent her way!!!

sewmuchjan
July 17th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Thank you all my Quilty Friends your prayers have helped, God Bless you all.

Here is an update, no we are not having to leave the ranch PTL, but our road is still closed to traffic. The weather has helped with the containment of "The Calf Fire" (for Calf Canyon in Santa Margarita, CA.) It is 30% contained and it has burned 640 acres. 360 Firefighters are batteling the fire. No casualties or homes threatened at this time. It is located in very rough terrain (Calf Canyon) and they are cautiously optimist that they will be able to hold the fire lines.

My DGD's are doing fine as we are, and that is because of all of your prayers. Thank you I can't tell you how much this place and all of you mean to me. I love you all...

So for now we will see what the weather and winds will bring today. We are cloudy and cool for this time of year we should be in triple digits as we are very very dry and the stuff burning right now has not burned in over 50 years. The winds could be around 15 to 20 mph today. Thats the thing we are waiting to see what happens with, winds + canyons+ fire= danger. The winds usually blow north here so that is good for our part of the hill here, but not for the rest of the area.

So again THANK YOU ALL, and please keep them coming so that this fire is knocked down today and it doesn't turn into something very ugly. I will update as needed. Got to go feed my DGD's and get some stuff done.

Oh yah if it does come this way my sewing machine's and kids go in my car and Dogs go with DH in his truck!! Thank the Lord we don't have horses to worry about anymore!!!!

Love you all, and thank you Sandy and everyone of you,
Jan G.

Bubby
July 17th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Praying as I type....I have two grandkids there also!!!! Please include Bree and Jesse in yourprayers...

Genny
July 17th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I'm praying for Jan and her grandchildren and for the safety of them and their home, and anyone that may be affected by this. This just makes me sick thinking about it.

Genny
July 17th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Praying as I type....I have two grandkids there also!!!! Please include Bree and Jesse in yourprayers...

Bree and Jesse is in my prayers too. Hang in there Bubby, I'm sure they'll be ok.

Genny
July 17th, 2012, 02:06 PM

I know how she feels. Three years ago during our big drought and heavy winds, a fire started that burned 34,000 acres and 1,600 homes. The fire was 16 miles long and 20 miles wide. They stopped it about 6 miles from our home. The winds spread it so fast. That amount of fire spread like that in just two hours. If they hadn't stopped it, we would be goners, too. The had to call those big planes that drop water on it from California to here in Texas. I thank God for those planes. I will be thinking of your friend. I listen to the news about the fires in California and Colorado, and pray for anyone in their path, and for the men and women who risk their lives to stop them.

This pic makes me sick, how devestating... I'm so glad you and your family made it thru this ok.

sewmuchjan
July 17th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Oh and prayers for our brave and hard working Fire Fighters (the local CDF and all who are coming from other areas), and the folks the fly the big Air Tankers and Choppers in this really rough terrain. They are putting their lives on the line to keep us safe.

God Bless and keep them safe.

Thank you all.
Love Jan G.

sewmuchjan
July 17th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Bubby, Barb where are you kids? Let me know ok

Love and prayers for them too
Jan G.

auntiemern
July 17th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Oh my goodness. Prayers being said for their safety, and that of their home. Please keep us informed.

middlesis1966
July 17th, 2012, 04:58 PM
prayers going out!

pcbatiks
July 17th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Prayers from me too...for their safety and their home! It must be frightening!

sewmuchjan
July 17th, 2012, 05:54 PM
A up date....what caused the fire....possibliy...a ***!!!!***METH LAB!!!!!****.

DH drove down to were the CHP and County Sheriff are blocking the road (which they have never done before we can leave but can not come back in) and talked to them...they didn't confirm or deni it..but said possibly...
Because we have had worse fires that have burned more and a lot of distruction from a car back-fire or something like that..but for some idiot to put all of us and the animals out here in danger just fries my but!!!!

Thank you all for your prayers because the weather had held so that our Fire Fighters have been able to hold the lines..and that is because of all your prayers and God hearing them. God Bless all of you.

Love and Hugs,
Jan G.

I should have conformation on this around 6 PM that is the time frame for the road block to be lifted..maybe!!!!

Monique
July 17th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Oh Jan, my heart goes out to you and all those whose homes may be in peril. Prayers going out to you all.

sewengirl
July 17th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Im glade that my mom and stepdad along with my kids r still safe. here r some pics of the fire out by my moms place. Thanks to a friend of mine and my DH, he went out to take pics for everyone.

sewmuchjan
July 17th, 2012, 08:21 PM
The Pictures that my DD posted here the is 7 miles from our ranch, this is Pozo Rd or River Rd and where the Dump Truck is it is coming off of HY 58 heading for the quarry towards the little town of Santa Margarita. Parkhill Rd (that's the one we live on) is 2 1/2 miles up from this spot. The sliver truck with horse tailer is heading for Pozo they are evacuating folks livestock who couldn't get in to Parkhill becucause of the Fire Equipment. Parkhill is just a small 2 lane curvey road with steep drop offs on either side depending on the land or the canyon that it climbs up.

stitching woman
July 17th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Jan this is so scary be careful my friend and will send up prayers for you and your community.

MRoy
July 17th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Jan, prayers continue for you and your family's safety. Barb, praying for your grand-children's safety too.

sewmuchjan
July 17th, 2012, 10:13 PM
YEAY Fire is 75% contained should be 100% contained by Wed. AM!!!! And the road block is open to those who live here only!!!
Yeay we can come and go now!!!! It is very black and barren but no loss of life or structures!!!!!!

WAY TO GO CDF AND ALL THE REST THAT HELPED. GOD BLESS OUR FIRE FIGHTERS WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

ALSO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND SUPPORT, GOD HEARD YOU AND HELPED OUR FIRE FIGHTERS FIGHT THIS FIRE.

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU MY QUILTY FRIENDS AND M*QC, I LOVE YOU ALL.

BIG HUGS FROM ME AND MINE. ((((((((HUGS)))))))))

I am so releaved now and the tears are flowing..but they are happy tears... I humbly thank you all.

Love, Jan G.

heavnli62
July 17th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Prayers being sent from here.......

BellasQuilts
July 17th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Praying for her and my friend's daughter's family who are also in the path of the fire.

Sandy Navas
July 17th, 2012, 11:07 PM

Special prayers for Bree & Jesse - let us know how they are faring. So scarey.

Sandy Navas
July 17th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Thank you, God! So glad things are under control.

Madeforyouinma11
July 17th, 2012, 11:24 PM
All good thoughts and prayers to her and her family. Keep us posted.

carolv
July 18th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Prayer's from here.