PDA

View Full Version : Sundays

RockyMountainHorseMama
August 29th, 2010, 12:59 PM
My favourite day of the week! I LOVE Sunday's SO much, especially when Fall gets here. The pace everywhere is a little more relaxed, everyone's happier, a lot of prayer has gone up all over the place and Sunday dinner is on.

Around here that means a really good dinner (lunch in other parts of the country/world) enjoying family and sometimes friends and extended family.

I live on 200 acres in the country and my neighbors are about the some, some more, some less. So it's quite and I feel like I'm camping all the time, I love camping. I spend most mornings on the porch after kids are off to school and hubby's off to work and the animals have been fed and cared for, enjoying my coffee and breakfast.

It's a simple life but it's mine and it's full of joy, appreciation and gratitude, especially on Sundays.

*happy sigh* .... :) Life is the BEST!

janluna
August 29th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Your life sounds beautiful Bridgett. That's so nice. We only have 10 acres, but that's enough for us now. If I was younger and not a back patient, I'd have more land and horses. And probably more kids!

RockyMountainHorseMama
August 29th, 2010, 03:16 PM
My favourite day of the week! I LOVE Sunday's SO much, especially when Fall gets here. The pace everywhere is a little more relaxed, everyone's happier, a lot of prayer has gone up all over the place and Sunday dinner is on.

Around here that means a really good dinner (lunch in other parts of the country/world) enjoying family and sometimes friends and extended family.

I live on 200 acres in the country and my neighbors are about the same, some more, some less. So it's quiet and I feel like I'm camping all the time, I love camping. I spend most mornings on the porch after kids are off to school and hubby's off to work and the animals have been fed and cared for, enjoying my coffee and breakfast.

It's a simple life but it's mine and it's full of joy, appreciation and gratitude, especially on Sundays.

*happy sigh* .... :) Life is the BEST!

*edited for the danged typos! I need to NOT be typing BEFORE coffee! :lol:

Texsam
August 29th, 2010, 04:16 PM
:icon_whistle:

AAHHH the good life!

middlesis1966
August 29th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Sundays are the best day!!! I get to spend the the morning with my mom at SS and service. Then its downstairs to the basement for homemade goodies and fellowship with my chuch family. Home then to hubby and kiddos. I love Sundays!!!!!:D Lol, round my house hubby has dinner, I have lunch. We have been together 21yrs and still agree to disagree on dinner and lunch, lol. But either way it's how we spend it know since he stopped working himself into an early grave.

hillbilly
August 30th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Yesterday was nice for us. We've had a time for quite some time finding a church home, plus we've moved quite a bit in the last few years. I am so happy with our new church, and we have new friends. And my 12 yr old has friends FINALLY.

I used to live on 20 acres and I miss it and our horses and dogs, but life has changed and I love my new life as well. I wouldn't trade my husband or my little baby for the country life that I used to have because they weren't there :) Plus now, even though I live in a duplex, it's way bigger and I have a huge sewing space in the basement!!

quiltingtrish
August 30th, 2010, 05:51 PM
I spend Sunday going to church in the morning and then head to my Dad's to help with the mowing, cleaning, gardening, etc. He is 84 and can do quite a bit himself, but I know that someday one of us won't be around so I cherish the time I spend with him.

Hugs,

middlesis1966
August 30th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Yesterday was nice for us. We've had a time for quite some time finding a church home, plus we've moved quite a bit in the last few years. I am so happy with our new church, and we have new friends. And my 12 yr old has friends FINALLY.

I used to live on 20 acres and I miss it and our horses and dogs, but life has changed and I love my new life as well. I wouldn't trade my husband or my little baby for the country life that I used to have because they weren't there :) Plus now, even though I live in a duplex, it's way bigger and I have a huge sewing space in the basement!!

I know what you mean hilli. We lived out in the country for over 10yrs. We had to move and leave our animals and friends. It still is tuff on my kids. We have lived in the big city (its a small town but thats what we call it) for 4 yrs now. The only good part is my sissys and bro are just a few blocks away now.