PDA

View Full Version : Oh Boy, it's Monday!

Blondie
July 16th, 2012, 06:12 AM

Happy Monday, Folksies!

Hoping that your weekend was relaxing. We grilled out yesterday and the weather co operated. There was a HUGE and I mean HUGE caravan of bikers going down our curvy country road. It must be a fun road for bikers as we seem to get more than our fair share of them. I reckon it would be the hills and kiss your butt curves that make it a challenge. Prior to that, earlier in the day I was working in the yard a wee bit with lots of water and rest breaks. The heat and humidity combined was incredible. Of course, why should any of us complain? It is SUMMER. It is supposed to be hot, hot, hot. It is a summer like this one that makes me miss my Florida swimming pool. Last evening, we pulled the beans up and out; new seed going in the ground today. Same with some squash. We've had good eats off both this season and look forward to more.

As soon as the sun is up in a bit, I will be outside laying more mulch and propagating some more shrubs, flowers. This is the time to do it; fingers crossed some of my "experiments" take. Later this afternoon, I will be inside getting ready for the rest of this week. Since tomorrow is most likely going to be the longest day with the cataract surgery, I need to make sure I have enough hand stitching to do. Yeah, right. As if I really ever get caught up on my stitching.

My quilty friends, have a great week; will try to get back in before the weekend. My group friends and members, I will try to at least check the group forums but don't think I am ignoring you if you don't get a reply right away. I don't have a laptop and etc.

KiltedQuilter
July 16th, 2012, 07:10 AM
I'm hoping to head off to parents sometime tomorrow, seeing as the Heavens have opened today, it's VERY rainy! :(

Have a great week whatever you guys are up to! I may not be able to post much as I am going visiting.

Blondie, I'll be thinking of you. x

Loonwatcher
July 16th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Good luck with the cataract surgery. Give yourself some time to relax and recoup.

Thinking gof you,

Nancy

Madeforyouinma11
July 16th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Good Luck! :)

buckeyequilter
July 16th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Good morning....

Love the biker chicks and the "if you talk about me". My day is going to be busy at work - Monday's usually are.

When you think about it today please say a little prayer for my mom....she has to have a biopsy this morning. She was admitted to the hospital for pneumonia and the doctor told her he wasn't sure if it was pneumonia or lung cancer.

I started a new quilt this week-end...so far it's looking good. I'll be working on that when I get home and then when it cools some this evening I'll move some stuff over to my new sewing space or I may scrap my plans and go visit with mom.

Hugs and prayers to all...have a wonderful day!

Lonna
July 16th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Blondie will be thinking and praying for you and your mother remember to take care of yourself. Shirley you and your Mother will be in my prayers also. I know that is how we found out my DH has lung cancer. He goes today for his new round of chemo please keep him in your prayers as he is really not looking forward to this go round. He is at the point of being not sure if this is what he wants to do or not. But he is to much of a fighter to just give up.

Well off to get ready for work have a great day everyone.

ginampls
July 16th, 2012, 08:49 AM
for Blondie and Shirley, thinking of you both.

i have chores to do today.. kinda looking forward to it..really looking forward to the tidy rooms when i am finished.

Sandy Navas
July 16th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Health concerns all the way around, aren't there? So, before I get started I have to get my prayers out of the way. It makes any personal problems or worries seem to float off into the wild when we've asked for grace for our friends and loved ones.

Not too much on the burners for today. Al has been 'threatening' to make home-made pasta for weeks and last night (as well as the night before) were scheduled until life got in the way. So he suggested tonight . . . yet I won't be here. I've volunteered to judge some of the sewing projects for our 4-H achievement day and we're having an organizational meeting tonight with a free dinner. Other than that the day is mine.

Last night we attended a picnic to watch our DGDs from the swim teem receive their ribbons and awards. How much fun is that? For some reason the organizers found it may be better to have the awards out in the open of the park (where there was minimal shade) instead of under the shelter) . . . oh, well. Al and I left soon after the awards were given and the girls along with Mom and Dad stayed for a nice long frolic in the pool.

Along with everyone else I'm keeping my fingers crossed for rain and cooler temperatures. However I am not going to hold my breath. Doesn't look as if there is any relief in sight this coming week.

Let all have the bestest day ever! Here's to improved health issues and PEACE!

Monique
July 16th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Good morning everyone.

It seemed to rain all around us a little last night. I did get my brother to do a rain dance. Quite funny. We had a lovely bbq for brother's birthday last night and a lovely visit.

I sewed two blocks for the swap and will continue those today.

Blondie and Shirley, prayers to both of you.

Y'all have a wonderful day.

Bubby
July 16th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Good Morning,

It's going to be another scorcher today...the humidity is off the charts! We picked a feww tomatoes early this morning. We have pulled out our zucchinis and have no plans to replant. In the meantime we are shsring our tomato overload with our neighbors.

Blondie, I pray everything goes well with Mom's surgery tomorrow. Shirley, prayers coming your way for your Mom's biopsy.

Wishing everyone a productive day! Barb

CrazyMtnLady
July 16th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Good Morning.

Prayers going out for you and your families: Blondie, Shirley and Lonna. And for all my quilting friends that are in need of a prayer.

My weekend was great untilDH got home from his weekend gun show in Branson. He was in a foul mood because the show didn't do well for him. Then the fan quit on the central air which didn't help his mood any. I avoided him for a while by getting on the computer. I was trying to catch up on posts after the weekend without the computer. He hardly even noticed how hard I had worked cleaning the house (except for a ceramic cabin candle holder) which I happened to put where he wanted to put some of his black powder guns. grrrrrrrr

I was very productive over the weekend cleaning wise. I even measured, cut and put up a shelf! Of course I had to point it out DH didn't even notice it. And of course I didn't do it quite right! He always finds a flaw in everything I do.

Okay done venting

Today I will get more shelves up and I brought the ladder in yesterday so I can clean the ceiling fan. Fun day!

I am thinking of letting the kittens venture outside for the first time. Ava keeps wanting to take them out so at 6 weeks I think they are old enough. Besides, I hate having a litter box in the house so I would love to get them use to being outside. Of course it will all depend on what DH says.

Hugs.

Cathy F
July 16th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Sending hugs and prayers to all those dealing with health issues this week. We had some rain last night and it cooled it down a bit, but weather forcast is hot for the rest of the week. I will be staying as still as possible this week as the disc in my back decided to go out again and barely able to move. Once I find (hopefully) that one comfortable position maybe I can do some hand sewing and keep the mind busy since the body doesn't want to cooperate :)

rebeccas-sewing
July 16th, 2012, 09:42 AM
24783Living in London is always an adventure! It's amazing to me how diverse this city is. We love Indian food. Joe's quite knowledgeable having lived in India off and on for a number of years. We decided to head to a part of London called Wembley to try out a restaurant Joe read about on-line. The food was fantastic and the price was right! Too bad it's a good hour or more away. As we were walking down the street toward Alperton to catch the tube back into Westminster we came across this temple on our right. Just never know what's around the corner sometimes. Imagine my surprise to find this looming as I passed by - major double-check!

The photo doesn't do it justice! It is huge!!!!

quiltingtrish
July 16th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Oh my - prayers coming today for those with health issues. There seems to be a lot of them.

Beautiful temple Rebecca. I always liked looking down the side streets in Germany. Never failed to turn up something new and exciting.

It's been a busy week last week while I filled in for a friend that went on vacation. They haven't phoned yet to ask any questions, so I suppose I did all right for them.

Today, Katie and her friend are bringing home another friend with another dog to stay about 2 weeks. I was fretting about it cause I don't think it's right to travel 1300 miles one way to bring someone else here and then take them back home - etc. etc., but compared to what others have to deal with today and in the weeks ahead - my troubles seem minimal. Sorry for complaining about life's trivial issues from me.

I need to spend time with my sewing machine today and bond. I have a class in 2 weeks at Hershey and I need to make sure I have everything required for the class. Certain kind of thread, so many bobbins pre-wound, certain sewing machine feet, etc. And since it's another hot day, there will go up the sheets and towels on the lines outside.

Dad is traveling to Maine today with my older sister so I am on garden duty for the next 2 weeks. Thankfully, where he lives, they got an inch and a half of rain. Hardly a drop here for me though. Anyways, I won't have to travel today just to water.

Mrs. Daisy - love the cottage you are renting in January. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures. Prayers coming that you will be there!!!

Best run for now. Have to get my bonding started. :)

Hugs,

GrammaBabs
July 16th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Shirley... i'll think "Mum" all day todayy and keep her in my prayers.... Good luck...

Blondie
July 16th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Hi Folks
Just checking in briefly; been at it hard all morning long, trying to get things done since as you know the rest of the week will be a washout with other obligations and work. I got the front part of the house cleaned; ie, the kitchen and living room. Floors all mopped and laundry completed. I worked outside shoveling mulch until I decided to take a break and sit down in the shade and work on clippings to get rooted. The grand puppies are here, so my place is lively. That german shepherd pup has grown so much in the last several days since I have seen her. She is going to be a gynormous dog. Such a cutie.

Shirley, will be praying for your Mom as well. Lonna, your hubs is still on my list. Attitude makes a difference, I think. I saw that with my own Mom. Daddy was too tired to fight.

Trish, your plate is full with teenage girls. I'll take the teen age boys anyday. I can work them and deal better. Teenage girls for the most part are too much drama for me. Blessings compounded to you for your patience and strength. They should be thankful you are doing the drive. That's a long haul!

Cathy F. - my sis has severe problems with her neck and back; some days she can barely move and little can be done short of surgery. She is not willing to go that route yet. You're thought of daily!

Everyone else, this is most likely my swan song for the day. Big hugs, many blessings and of course, it is always good to face any day with a

SMILE

sewbizzy
July 16th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Good Morning!!! Prayers being sent for all who need them with their health issues...
Another hot day here...arthritis and fibromyalgia have really been acting up for me this past week...really bad this morning...oh well, trying to keep moving...
I want to get more sewing done...
Have a great day everyone...

middlesis1966
July 16th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Prayers going out for all who are having tests, prcedures, and chemo!
Hoping that the rain thats in the forecast comes true! It surely is needed! My BIL is the head of our water dept and since we've had little rain he has had to put in tons of hours for sure! I didn't realize the temp can have the kinds of effects on how the water is treated. Hmmm you can learn something new everyday.
Well all I guess I better run, gotta teach myself EXCEL, ugh!!!!!

janluna
July 16th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Prayers going up for everyone with health problems and other problems as well. So sorry that people are having to go through all this stuff. Just remember that our Father is in charge of everything. And when ever two or more people ask in Jesus name, it is done.
I'm off to do the rest of my laundry. Why is it that the washer is always quicker than the dryer? I have three loads of washed clothes waiting to be dried. Thank goodness for A/C or I'd be wilted by now.
Love you all, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

auntiemern
July 16th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Good Day all. Blondie, Shirley, Lonna and everyone else in need, special prayers being said. Donna, I'm thinkin DH needs a swift kick in the butt, to give him an attitude adjustment. He should be aware of all the hard work you did this week-end, to accomodate his friends. Ok, enough of that. Got baby quilt top put together last night, but to pooped to try to get it sandwiched in this small space. Gonna try to get that done today. Had rough nite sleeping last night, shoulders and legs inflamed. Hoping it eases up for a while so I can get something done today. Prayers for all in need, and hugs for all my quilty friends. Have a blessed day, and try to get some fabric time in there.

meemeecyn
July 16th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Will be thinking of you, Blondie. Gosh, you will be able to see so much better after the surgery! Watch out world!! hehehe

Haven't been on the forum.....My brother and his wife just left after a week of visiting. Phew! We had nice weather but now the heat has come. We had a wonderful time and it was great they took a detour from a MD. wedding trip to visit us. Now to get caught up with the 'chores'!!!

Miss you all. Hope everyone is getting a chance to sew.
Cynthia

Ginny B
July 16th, 2012, 11:31 PM
We actually got some rain last night. Seemed to rain pretty hard and for quite a while. Earlier it was threatening -- thunder, etc. with no rain, so I was happy to hear it out there late last night. Of course, it's so hot here that I still needed to water when I got home from work. Work was so, so crazy busy today. But the day just flew by. I had to keep reminding myself that I had to pick dh up from work. I get home and get involved in "things" and it's been quite a while since we have been on the routine with just one car that I was afraid that I would forget to go get him. But I didn't. Then we had to go to the police station to pick up the accident report then home to cook dinner. I am so tired. I tried to get some things done in my sewing room but I was just too beat tonight.

Will be thinking about you Blondie. Good luck this week. Paula, have fun with Excel. Everyone else, have a wonderful Monday night and Tuesday too.

Ginny B