PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Storm

phoots
July 16th, 2012, 02:24 AM
We've got a full fledged thunder storm going on outside!!! Thunder, lightning, pea-sized hail, and heavy rain! I know, for you in areas where thunder storms happen often, this would be nothing for you! But you've got to remember that I live in the desert and we rarely get thunder storms...especially with hail!!! According to the weather radar, this will be going on for a while!

Pam in Vegas :D

Bubby
July 16th, 2012, 02:34 AM
I remember the weather in Las Vegas so well. Any time we got rain I would go outside and stand in it! I remember once when a flash flood came through the parking lot at Caesar's Palace and washed many of the cars to the golf course at the Desert Inn! My girlfriend's husband wasn't supposed to be out gambling and boy did he have a hard time explaining that one!! Enjoy your rain!!

Sandy Navas
July 16th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Pam, Looks as if you have done the rain dance. We will need an update, if you please. Hope you've sent any residual eastward. There are so many of us who would welcome it.

Klasien
July 16th, 2012, 08:56 AM
We have lots and lots of rain.......very bad summer so far!
Last week it got real bad and our street turned into a river.........

Meli
July 16th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Pam, I think you got the storm that started in St. George. The western half of town flooded so badly there was as much as 4' of standing water in places. The eastern half of town didn't even see any rain!

Genny
July 16th, 2012, 12:19 PM
We've got a full fledged thunder storm going on outside!!! Thunder, lightning, pea-sized hail, and heavy rain! I know, for you in areas where thunder storms happen often, this would be nothing for you! But you've got to remember that I live in the desert and we rarely get thunder storms...especially with hail!!! According to the weather radar, this will be going on for a while!

Pam in Vegas :D

Right now we seem to live in a desert too, although we really don't, we're just in the middle of a drought. I'd give anything for a thunderstorm right now as long as it included lots of water!

Genny
July 16th, 2012, 12:22 PM
We have lots and lots of rain.......very bad summer so far!
Last week it got real bad and our street turned into a river.........

Oh, looking at your pics I feel for you. I hope it doesn't get into your home. I'd surely help you out with this problem if only there was some way to get some of that rain over here!

janluna
July 16th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Wow Klasien, bottle that up and send it over here. When we get weather like this, all hot and dry, I want it to rain but no thunder and lighting. It always seems to be the worst storm ever and some one loses a house. Our tornados aren't as bad as the ones in the south and middle states, but they do seem to come after a long dry spell. They are still scary though. I'm praying for those who got too much rain, and those who need it desperately. I'm waiting for produce and meat prices to go through the roof because of the effect on farms. Hope this doesn't last too long. Hugs, Jan L.

Genny
July 16th, 2012, 04:20 PM
From what I seen on the news this morning our corn in Iowa is really suffering and some farmers are losing their whole crops. Prices will go sky high.

phoots
July 17th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Bubby, I'm currently working at Caesars and I've seen the pictures of that flood! Wow, what a storm that must've been!

Pam

phoots
July 17th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Meli, the storm that hit us actually started in the southwest and came north.

phoots
July 17th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Klasien, I'm sorry to hear of your flooding. I hope your home is okay.

Pam