PDA

View Full Version : My quilting buddy gave me a partial makeover

tortugaquilter
July 16th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Back in 2007 in a casual conversation with an acquaintance, I told her I wanted to learn to quilt and she said she would be interested in taking a class. Soon after that I ran into a friend who has won many quilting awards and she told me she was teaching a class at a new quilt store and I should come see her. I called my acquaintance and we went up to observe one day and decided to sign up for a beginner's sampler course. Since then we have become friends and get together to show each other our projects and give each other suggestions. We have also spent time cooking together, shopping and talking about our favorite television shows and discussing any problems that have come up in our lives.

My friend has become a gifted quilter, and is also an artist. In her past life, she was a cosmetologist and she is always willing to cut my hair and offer advice on new styles. Today she came over to visit and during the visit offered to paint my nails, braid my hair, and make up my eyes.

Here are the results.

phoots
July 16th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Beautiful!

Pam in Vegas :icon_hi:

Bubby
July 16th, 2012, 02:16 AM
You look beautiful! I love your red hair...I'm a redhead also, although it's starting to fade. Barb

tortugaquilter
July 16th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Barb@My hair faded a while ago, but the same quilting buddy helped me find a hair dye that cures the fading. LOL

auntiemern
July 16th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Stunning. That is the kind of friend I need. LOL

Winniesfriend
July 16th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Looking good, great friend to have.

Slokarma
July 16th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Very nice...... hair and makeup! I see fresh and sassy and smiling eyes!

Sandy Navas
July 16th, 2012, 08:46 AM
And did anyone special go WOW and take you out for a special dinner? Lovely!

Monique
July 16th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I also have a friend that always wants me to do the french braid in her hair. In return, I get a foot rub. Ahhhhhh. Heaven.

Your hair and makeup are beautiful.

CrazyMtnLady
July 16th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Beautiful. Nice friend to have.

Claire Hallman
July 16th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Just lover-ly. Your hair is gorgeous.

Blondie
July 16th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Your friend did a wonderful job; hair is perfect and since you are a pretty thing, the makeup was the frosting. Every gal needs a pick me up/change now and then to boost our self esteem. Sounds as if you are surrounded by great folks.

K. McEuen
July 16th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Nice! I wish I had someone to braid my hair, especially in this hot weather. I've been seriously thinking about getting it cut off. If it was braided it would stay back off my face and neck.

sewbizzy
July 16th, 2012, 12:32 PM
WOW, very pretty...love the braid...my dd braids her two daughter's hair---one is a redhead, too!!

janluna
July 16th, 2012, 03:29 PM
My Mom had the most beautiful red hair. It was dark auburn. You look fantastic! What a great job she did on your hair. You look beautiful. Hugs, Jan L.