PDA

View Full Version : Curved Border ruler

Shirley
August 28th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Hi,
Does anyone have a ruler to use for cutting a curved border? I talked with a woman in a Las Vegas quilt shop and she said they used to carry them but did not have any at this time. Does anyone know where I can get one, the brand to buy and how well they work.?
Thanks!

quiltnut
August 28th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Ive never heard of a curved border ruler,perhaps joaanes or nancysnotions has them, or try kaywoods websites.Sorry I can't help more with this.

janluna
August 28th, 2010, 01:02 PM
did you check the search button for MSQC? Jenny had something that could help make scallops and such.

janluna
August 28th, 2010, 01:28 PM
MSQC has a scallop template to use for that border. I just went to MSQC quilt shop and put scallop ruler in and it came up. It cost $13.00 and change. Check it out and see if thats the one you need.

Texsam
August 28th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Thanks Jan! I was looking all over for a ruler. Should of looked here first. :icon_doh:

janluna
August 28th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Your welcome. Any time I can be of service. LOL :icon_bigsmile:

pdjewelrylady
August 29th, 2010, 12:22 AM
very cool and the binding tool ruler is on the daily deal!! whoooohooooooo!

Shirley
August 29th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Thanks - will check that out.

Pat
August 29th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Hi,
Does anyone have a ruler to use for cutting a curved border? I talked with a woman in a Las Vegas quilt shop and she said they used to carry them but did not have any at this time. Does anyone know where I can get one, the brand to buy and how well they work.?
Thanks!

Yes, I have such a ruler, it is called "scallops, vines & waves" by Quiilt in a Day. (www.quiltinaday.com). I have used it a couple of times for wavy borders... It is very easy to use and does such a nice job. Gives a whole new dimension to my quilts.
PPat

Shirley
August 29th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks Pat!
Reading back over my question......I guess if I had described it correctly, I may have been able to google it and get an answer. :0) I didn't think to use the word scallop. Duh!
Thanks everyone for your help.

janluna
August 29th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Yes, I have such a ruler, it is called "scallops, vines & waves" by Quiilt in a Day. (www.quiltinaday.com). I have used it a couple of times for wavy borders... It is very easy to use and does such a nice job. Gives a whole new dimension to my quilts.
PPat
Shouldn't we try to see what MSQC has first. After all they are the one's doing all the work in the tutorials that we love so much. The ruler is the same and so is the price. I'm not trying to start something. I just think that because they do so much here, we should check here first. If it's the same why not buy it here.

Texsam
August 29th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Yep we should. I usually look here for stuff, but I was having a dumb moment yesterday. I'll try not to let it happen again. :icon_slap:

hillbilly
August 30th, 2010, 10:23 AM
very cool and the binding tool ruler is on the daily deal!! whoooohooooooo!

I missed the binding tool on the daily deal??

OOOOHHHHHHHHHH that makes me SAD!!!