PDA

View Full Version : It's Sunday! Hello Folksies!

Blondie
July 15th, 2012, 08:44 AM

Happy Day!

I got to sleep in a bit later than usual; Sis and I stayed with Mom last night. We were up late going through old magazines having great conversation; lost track of time.

Looks really nice outside right now; the sun is out, it isn't too steamy at the moment. Hubby was picking more green beans last night; no telling how many quarts I will have to can this time. Same thing with the tomatoes. We have been eating fresh produce almost every day and giving it away to family and friends. I haven't done a whole lot of freezing/canning this year.

We will be grilling out today with just Sis and her hubs. Yummy steak is on the menu with of course fresh veggie kabobs.

Later kiddos

Monique
July 15th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Blondie, I guess we were doing the same thing at the same time. I tried to delete mine but I can't.

Good morning friends. I hope you all had a lovely Saturday.

Well it was just too dang hot yesterday to do much of anything. We did go to a friend's for a BBQ. My goodness, she has a beautiful log cabin with the most amazing screened-in porch, overlooking a little lake. Just gorgeous. Have a lovely time. I was DD for the evening.

Today we will travel for another BBQ for my brother's birthday. Need to make potatoe salad for this one.

RAIN, does anyone know how to do a rain dance. We need rain so bad around here. There isn't green grass to be seen anywhere. Even the trees are wilting.

How To A Rain Dance

1. Never do a rain dance on a hill.
2. Make sure you have a lot of room so you
don't run into anything.
3. Spin around in clockwise circles.
4. Make up your own rain chant. It should be rythmical
and easy to say fast.
5. Yell your rain chant while spinning around in circles.
6. If you are trying to get rid of rain, spin in
counterclockwise circles and say your chant backwards.

Have an awesome day, friends, in whatever you do!!

Bubby
July 15th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Good Morning,

I just dragged out of bed so Miss Molly could go outside for a minute or two. I'm washing a load of clothes and waiting for DH to wake up. It's so foggy we can't see the road from the house. Molly disappeared into the fog and a minute or so later she popped back out and wanted her breakfast. She keeps me on her schedule just fine!

I had some good time in the sewing room yesterday and got my Missouri Star block and several Rail Fence blocks done. Summer is a hard time for me to get much sewing done because there are so many other things to do that take us outdoors. I guess this is true of most of us, but I think it's especially true for those of us who live in the country. I can't wait for winter and the cold air and some snow. What I really want is for all the mowing to end...so-o-o tired of mowing for the year.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Hugs, Barb

Ginny B
July 15th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Good Morning all. Very cloudy here and they say we may get some t-storms later. Haven't had rain in a while so we need it for sure. DH is recovering nicely from his accident the other night. Just the expected bruising and soreness but nothing out of the ordinary. We went out last night and saw ProCol Harum and Yes and he enjoyed himself so much. He loves music and he goes with me all the time to see people I like so when we saw they were going to be in the area, I told him to get the tickets and I'd go with him. I really was surprised at Yes. Amazing music!

I agree with you Barb, it's hard to get into the sewing room a lot at this time of the year. We are outside so much of the time. But I love the outside time so much -- and I love the results of our work outside: beautiful flowers and delicious food fresh from our garden.

Today I'll be taking a trip to Joann's and also cooking eggplant parmesan for dinner. Hoping to work on some mug rugs I'm making for some people where dh works. I was working on them when I got the call that he was in the accident and haven't gotten back to them since. I also received some fabric from M*QC that I ordered for a quilt I am going to make for a close friend of ours so I need to get to cutting for that project real soon.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday and sending wishes for rain for all of those who need it. I can just see all of us out there doing that rain dance Monique described. :)

Ginny B

MRoy
July 15th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Good morning! I probably won't be around much in the next four weeks. The grand-kids arrive later today to stay for a month...an 11 yr old boy and 8 yr old girl. Nanni will be busy in the mornings getting everyone ready for the day and in the evenings with suppers, baths and enjoying time with them and my son before crashing for night. I'm always on pins and needles until their plane lands. I'm praying it's not stormy when they fly into Cincy this evening.

LynneLeavell
July 15th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Good morning folks. Hope to get some sewing done today. Would like to get something finished before I start another project. We are going down to my son and daughter in laws to cook out. My daughter wanted to go swimming in their pool so the way she asked was "If we bring the hamburgers and hotdogs to cook out can we go swimming"? Of course he said sure. So not sure how much sewing will be done during the day. Oh well hope everyone has a great day and those that need rain get it. The past three nights we have had some of those terrible night time storms. We haven't had much damage but we have had a lot of thunder, lightning and heavy rain. I'm ready for a slow soaking rain.

Prayers going out to those who need it and to those who don't.

Lynne

Lonna
July 15th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Good Morning all,
Typical sunday morning here got those homemade bisquits made, Wayne wanted some salt pork with them this morning so that is done. Cooked him some yard eggs to go with and some fresh sliced tomatoes cant get much more country then that. Now I have a pot of Lady Cream Peas on to cook for dinner tonight.

Yesterday I did manage to get two more squares done for the Begninners Quilt along on another sight. They are on square six and I now have three squares done. They have a new square every thursday it will run for 12 weeks. With any luck I hope to get week 4 and 5 done today.

Hope everyone has a great day and enjoy your familys.

Patrice
July 15th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Good morning all! Myrna have fun with those kids..a whole month..wow. I remember getting to go to my grandma's every summer. It was usually for a week and when we would talk her into 2 that was great!
All my kids come every sunday for dinner. I am keeping it simple this week. we are having taco's and fried rice. I hope to sneek into my sewing room which by the way I told my husband I now call it my studio..:) He thought that was funny.. I think it has a nice ring to it. I am working right now on a raggedy Ann doll for GD Ava for christmas. I will post pictures when I get it done..Have a very Blessed day all

bakermom
July 15th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Heading out to church then taking DD3 out for a birthday brunch. later we hope to catch up with DS and DIL for a visit. After that I need to get stuff organized that i want to enter in the fair next month. Due date for entries is this week. will be busy all week with 4H stuff in preparation for the fair, too. Even though our kids are out of 4H, DH and i still volunteer. We both judge and help with the set-up, etc.

ginampls
July 15th, 2012, 11:40 AM
hi folks. i have to work today. 3rd sunday in a row...getting kinda old..don't getme wrong. i love my co-workers.. and managment but working in the summer is the pits. plus it has been so hot and humid were i am..went to the free pool yesterday with DD then went to dinner at chinanises buffet...so chores went to the wayside again...i have tomorrow off so i will get papers sorted. and make new folders and that. then i can sort. big sewing stuff box...fabric tools, small thingies...pick and put. gobs to do...yesterday got the inside and outside of car washed, so naturally it has now rained...of well. the inside needed it bad...now it is done...well off to face my day...have a great one everybody...

cyndiofthevortex
July 15th, 2012, 12:04 PM
We're all ready to do that rain dance here in the east. A good soaking rain is what's needed but we'll take some heavy downpours to un-droop all the vegetation. The brown grass crunches when I walk on it.

DD Bethany is sick and her DH needs to go in to work all day to catch up on a project. Jonas and I will be helping her to take care of the five kids she has with her today, ages 2, 4, 5, 5, and 8. The youngest and oldest have some special issues, it's hot and we're stuck in the house close together near the air conditioners, so prayers are needed for us here, please.

I have hopes to get near my homespun quilt today to sew a few more rows. We'll see about that! I can hope at least, can't I?

Cellomom
July 15th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Morning! I woke up early & saw elk's antlers etched in the early dawn. A male elk was grazing right on the other side of our fence. Love to see God's majestic creatures.

We're seeing the light at the end of the painting tunnel.... Just a little more to do and the summer project will be done. YES! My DS has been such a huge help. I don't know how we would have finished without him. So tired yesterday of the cutting work, I fell asleep and didn't see my son when he left last night. All my doors are now a clean, sharp white. The rooms are all freshly painted. So now I can set up my sewing room. I won't have to keep moving everything off the dining table. Found a quilter's table at an estate sale and it is so great to have room to cut, sew, and press in one place. It has two extensions so it can expand to 72" :) :). Next, I'll set up my Gracie LAQer. Can't wait to do that. I have almost 3 quilts ready to FMQ.

My patriotic quilt is coming along nicely. I'm pleased with the quilt top, so borders are next. I have the wavy and scallop border template from MSQC and think the wavy border would add interest to it. I'll post a pic when I can. I didn't make a flag because I just don't think I can sit on a flag and this will be our July 4th picnic quilt.

I'll be heading to the local Farmer's Market for my veggies this week. Have a blessed day everyone!

Sandy Navas
July 15th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Good Morning all,
Typical sunday morning here got those homemade bisquits made, Wayne wanted some salt pork with them this morning so that is done. Cooked him some yard eggs to go with and some fresh sliced tomatoes cant get much more country then that. Now I have a pot of Lady Cream Peas on to cook for dinner tonight.

Yesterday I did manage to get two more squares done for the Begninners Quilt along on another sight. They are on square six and I now have three squares done. They have a new square every thursday it will run for 12 weeks. With any luck I hope to get week 4 and 5 done today.

Hope everyone has a great day and enjoy your familys.

Showing my ignorance - what are YARD EGGS . . . ?????

Sandy Navas
July 15th, 2012, 01:31 PM
yesterday got the inside and outside of car washed, so naturally it has now rained...of well. the inside needed it bad...now it is done...

How did ANY of us forget??????? All we have to do is run out and wash our cars today. Let's see - how about 3 p.m. EST - so that is 2 p.m. for me, West Coasties . . . NOON?

We ALL NEED RAIN!!!!!!!

P.S. Thanks, Monique, for giving away my other rain dance secrets - some of which I had forgotten . . .

Blondie
July 15th, 2012, 01:56 PM

Sandy, when I had chickens, not all would use nesting boxes. It was like an easter egg hunt for the kids. LOL. I am assuming that is what our Lonna meant. And Lonna, I sure miss making the scratch buttermilk biscuits. But since Luscious Larry has been on his diet, no morning biscuits, no gravy, salt pork fatback is okay for him in wee doses, but no fun without the grits, biscuits and gravy. Oh well, I will let him cheat now and then since I love the above as much as he does. BTW, he has lost 45 pounds! I am so proud of him. He doesn't have much more to go. I am thinking maybe 25 give or take? He is a big, raw boned fella and stands about 6'3". Huge hands and feet. Skinny would not suit him. I love my big old country boy. Bonus for him is he is feeling a bit better getting it off.

K. McEuen
July 15th, 2012, 02:23 PM

Yep, pretty much what Blondie said. These days people call them "free-range eggs" and charge outlandish prices for them. Us, we just called them "someone forgot to close the chicken coop door last night" eggs.

Lonna
July 15th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Sandy yes Blondie and Karen are right. My Sister in law has chickens and about every other week we get a couple dozen fresh eggs from her. Wayne claims they taste better then store bought eggs. Myself I am not a big fan of eggs but will eat a couple once in awhile. Blondie so glad to hear about your Luscious losing weight. I sure wish I could stick with a diet I really need to lose about 50lbs but with all the stress going on around here my diet is the last thing I can seem to wrap my mind around. Right now I just fix what ever Wayne wants to eat this way I know he is eating something. So tonight along with the Lady Cream Peas we will be having a London Broil steak slow cooked in the crock pot and banana pudding. Sunday is the only day I cook this way as it is my only day off. The rest of the week it is quick and easy.

auntiemern
July 15th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Good Day All. Can't say morning, cuz have not been getting up much before noon. Reason, I am up til between 2 and 4 sewing while DH is out fishing. Blondie, so proud of Luscious for losing all that weight and sticking to his diet. Me, I don't need a diet, just some stress, and will drop 10 lbs in a week. Thus, with all the stress the past 3 years I have lost about 65 lbs. But on a positive note, actually down to where I should be. Today will be filled with sewing. Need to put the final border on patriotic quilt, and then going to start on baby quilt for the owner of the campground, for her future great grand son. I would finish the patriotic quilt but I have no where in here to possibly get the patriotic quilt put together to quilt it. Blessings to all, and prayers for those in need. Hug to all fellow quilters.

janluna
July 15th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Blondie, I love, love, love Grits and Eggs. People up here think I'm crazy. I tell them, "you don't know what you are missing!!!" Yum!!!!!
I guess I should have washed my Durango today. Maybe then it would rain. Trees are wilting, grass is brown. Corn in the fields around me is dyeing It's getting scary folks! We will all be buying rain water by the barrel from Texas. The poor people are being washed away down there. Prayers for everyone, Love and Hugs, Jan L.