PDA

View Full Version : Good Thursday Morning!

Blondie
July 12th, 2012, 06:56 AM

Howdy Doody, Folksies! It's another Thursday morning! Here I am sharing a nice tasty cup of coffee with you. mmmm, yum, yum yum. It almost makes up for having to climb out of bed extra early to get back up the hill home. I sure missed y'all yesterday.

Dr's visit went well for Mom. Her cataract surgery is healing excellently, she is seeing a bit better out of that eye. It will most likely never be as it was before the mini stroke and subsequent therapies on the eye but heckfire, she can see out of it. I call that a big plus. Now, next week we will go and get the other eye done. That will be two days of out of town stuff. Oh joy.

We've been getting some of the rain that saturated part of the country. I have not been able to get out to the back veggie garden but I know it must be loaded with some more cukes, squash, snaps and some tomatoes. In the past few weeks when we've had that horrid, brutal heat wave I couldn't be outside long enough to do as much as needed. Consequently, a lot of the blackberries that were not eaten by the birds, shriveled up. And speaking of birds . . . there is a mockingbird that has a nest in one of our blueberry shrubs. Makes going out the back door an adventure.

Enjoy your day, evening, wherever you are, whatever time you are. SMILE!

Patrice
July 12th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Good Morning all! We finally got some much needed rain last night. I think my garden has about had it with all this heat. A couple years ago we put some raised boxes on the side of our house (outside the fence). It was surrounded by bushes. We like to call it our secret garden. Well this week it is no secret anymore. The deer have found it and ate everyone of the pepper plants and something small is taking a bite out of ever tomato. Someone said it was probably squirrels. I didn't know they ate tomato's. We do have a ton of them. Makes me want to almost quit feeding the birds just to get rid of them but I do love my birds and now we have a couple rabbits we are feeding. They have been letting hubby get pretty close to them when he has a carrot. A Blessed to to all

MRoy
July 12th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Good morning! Green beans are ready for canning here. I have 36 jars ready to fill now and there may be more later. These are mainly for DH as I don't really care for green beans. We're getting some rain now but it seems to be raining more all around us.

Have a great day!

middlesis1966
July 12th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Morning all! My momma made it thru the surgery fine. She was a bit upset for awhile because of a room issue. I'm sure it was more then that because once we went back to recovery to see her for a short time, we got her calmed down. I'm just worried about her being all alone at the hospital right now. I can't take to much more time off of work so I had to come home. Just the thought of her staying there all alone breaks my heart. I will be so much more happier when they get her moved to the hospital in my town. Thanks so much for the prayer for her.

Good to see your moms eyes are doing well Blondie. Now on to the next one!!!!

We didn't get any rain yesterday. One outa 5 tomato plants didn't fair well in the heat so I think we're gonna lose it.

Well I'm off to get ready for work. Have a great day all!

Monique
July 12th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Good morning everyone.

Blondie, you are such a good daughter to your mom. Best of luck on the next eye surgery.

Hubby and I had a wonderful visit with Greg yesterday. I think he was very happy that we made the trek. We had a lovely dinner (I brought chili and homemade bread). It was a long trip home because of traffic, but made it safe and sound. I did purchase a statue of St. Joseph to send to Roxy in order to sell the house.

I think I will try and get my sewing room a little more organized today. MAYBE!!

HOT HOT HOT today and even worse tomorrow. It looks like Saturday will the the hottest, 36C - 96.8F. No rain in site until possibly Sunday, only 30% chance.

Today is hubby's birthday. I haven't decided what to do for that today.

Have a great day everyone.

Bubby
July 12th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Just another day in paradise here! After I get off here I will mow our huge yard (almost 5 acres). It's cooler this morning than what it's been. Everything is so dry we now have cracks in the ground 2 inches wide! A doe with twin babies have moved into our yard and have been eating our tomatoes and squash. This morning the doe was eating leaves from our Bradford pear trees. We have been putting water out for them since all the ponds have long since dried to caked mud. What a brutal summer!

Blondie, so glad to hear Mom's eye is healing. One to go!! I had cataracts removed from both eyes in 2000 and it made a huge difference and was so worth it.

Paula, I hope they move your little Mom closer to you soon. It's so hard to be far apart at a time like this.

I need to get my mowing clothes on and get going before it gets too hot. I'll check in with you later this morning...Hugs, Barb

Sandy Navas
July 12th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Good morning, everyone. I can't believe that Barb is mowing. We have only mowed three times this year and there isn't anything out there over 2 inches tall now. Even the weeds have decided they don't like life. I heard on our local news yesterday that they are saying this is the worst weather since the Dust Bowl . . . the lack of moisture is even effecting our trees here.

Squirrels and tomatoes - yup, they do get into them. Simple remedy? Sprinkle red pepper flakes on and around your plants. It does work. I don't know how to keep the deer from eating things though. We quite often have them in our yard but they have never gotten into my plants that I am aware of. There's plenty around the edges of the property and in the back to feed a whole herd for a while.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day. Paula - time will pass soon and your Mom will be closer - saying a special prayer for you and your family. Blondie - keep on truckin!! Momma will be back on the rooftops spying on you and LL after that second eye is working better!! Monique - tell your DH that we all wish him a wonderful birthday.

I am going to forgo heading to the sewing room just yet. I have the back of my car full of donations for the DAV so I plan to get that dropped off and run by to visit with Mom for a bit. And then . . . since I finished Al's quilt top yesterday, I will continue my search for some replacement fabric for Sierra's expanded quilt. Cut out blocks yesterday for the Missouri Star Quilt of Valor for our new challenge. Maybe I'll start piecing a bit of it (and see if I can do an 8 inch block with OH SO MANY pieces and triangles).

Off of here, I'll quit boring you!!

GrammaBabs
July 12th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Love the face on that (Lama)... just guessing,,, i only know dogs and cats.... LOL
Great news,,, about Mom....
Staying wet and brown here in MA.... i take lazy days of summer quite seriously...LOL

CrazyMtnLady
July 12th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Good morning. Blondie I love the morning picture. I was here earlier and started my post and got busy looking for a picture of my Pete (horse) making a funny face and was going to add it. Couldn't find it, but got busy sorting my pictures. I hate getting distracted!

Glad to hear your mom is doing well.

Barb, I really miss mowing. I had about 5 acres in Indiana that I mowed and about 1 acre when I lived near Ithaca, NY. I really enjoyed mowing. Here I would just be mowing rocks! Someday we will have it to where we can have a nice lawn, but that is going to take a while and A LOT of back breaking work. ... ... :icon_idea::icon_doh: what am I thinking! I have always enjoyed rock gardens...why not just leave it....LOL

DH informed me yesterday that next Wednesday, a buddy of his from his forum and his wife are coming to spend the night and pick up some things to take with them to Texas. :icon_surprised: WHAT!!!!!!!!! :icon_slap: I have to get my big behind in over-drive and really start cleaning! I have to get the ladder in and clean the fan in the kitchen. DH will be gone all weekend to a gun show....so he is not going to be any help at all! I don't know these people, and I am not a happy camper. So NO sewing for me for a few days! I live with "Oscar Madison" (for any of you who ever watched "The Odd Couple") This place is OH SO cluttered!
I would take before and after pics of my cleaning journey...but I would be too embarrassed of the before pics.

Okay..done venting... Now off to have a wonderful day. Today will be filled with packing DH up for his trip to Branson tomorrow for the weekend gun show. Plus a run into town to get some food to pack for him too.

Calgon....take me away..............

Hugs and prayers

Lisaau
July 12th, 2012, 10:30 AM
CrazyMtn Lady if that was me l'd refuse to let it happen or demand he doesnt go away this weekend and do the cleaning himself.But thats just me you dont know these people and he just tells you now???

Sandy Navas
July 12th, 2012, 10:43 AM
CrazyMtn Lady if that was me l'd refuse to let it happen or demand he doesnt go away this weekend and do the cleaning himself.But thats just me you dont know these people and he just tells you now???

Lisa, I'll be at your place in the morning. Please have the bed freshly made up . . . you are so cute!! But Donna loves him.

NanaB
July 12th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Good morning everyone. Blondie, glad to hear your mom's eye is healing well. Do you go to GSO or to Winston for her surgeries? Donna, my husband is Oscar Madison as well. So am I! He didn't pay the tax on his car and has to pay $6 late fee because he puts 'his' mail on a desk that is piled high with junk. We had rain yesterday and it is cloudy again today. My oldest DD and I spent the day together yesterday doing some geneology work. She also hooked up my new internet service. Unfortunately, it appears that the desktop computer is fried. We don't really have the extra $$ to replace it, so I guess I will have to share my laptop with hubs. He only uses a computer to check his e-mail every six months and to look at his banking. Things may change, though, when he retires later this year/early in 2013.

Everyone have a great day!!!

aliaslaceygreen
July 12th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Morning! I am getting so bad about keeping up with things here .... Good excuse last week, having Laylabug here but this past week? Well, sheer laziness I suppose. But I DID get a baby quilt finished, just under the due-date deadline, so I am proud of myself for small things...
Sounds like we are all just done with the heat and or the rain, depending on what part of this crazy weather you are currently stuck in...today we are looking at a normal day...but by Sunday they say 108....

DH worked out in the yard a bit yesterday and is ready to move into a townhouse! He really hates yard work...

Here are Layla and I in our pool from last week...It worked out great putting it on the old shed slab...definitely made the weather tolerable...24496

sewbizzy
July 12th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Good late morning everyone!!! Blondie, the picture made me laugh...where do you find them?
I love reading what everyone did yesterday and will do today!!! The women on this forum have the best attitudes and energy no matter what is going on around them in their lives...
More humidity today UGG!!
I did go to JoAnns yesterday and got some of the flannel that is 50% off to back a couple quilts for my grandchildren...
Also got some sewing done...more scheduled for today...
Prayers to all...Hugs and Blessings!

Ginny B
July 12th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Well, it is a very good Thursday for me. Last night on his way home from work, DH was in a car accident. Someone decided to cross 4 lanes of traffic to go from one shopping center on one side of the street to another shopping center on the other and he was in her way. When he caught sight of her, he tried to get out of the way but it was too late. She hit him on the driver's side front end, he got pushed up onto the sidewalk, knocked over a stop sign and hit another car that was parked in the parking lot. Airbags deployed, car started smoking and gas leaking. Since the other car was up against his door, he had to get out by climbing over to the passenger side door and getting out. There were some nice people there who called 911 and stayed with him to make sure he was ok until the ambulance and police came. By the time I got there, there were 2 fire engines, a hazmat truck , the fire chief and a couple of ambulances and he was on a stretcher waiting to be taken to the hospital. They kept him in the ER for only a short time and said that he didn't look like he had any internal injuries so they released him. We went into his regular doctor today though since he is on blood thinners and we weren't comfortable with them not doing any further testing. His dr. did tests and there is some bleeding but just under the skin where the seatbelt was and also on his arm from where the airbag sort of burned him as it came out. But his protime test was still in range and his echo and ekg were fine. We are so very relieved. The van is totalled ( we had to go down to where they towed the car to get all our stuff out) and it looks bad. It would cost more to fix it than it is worth. But, dh is fine and we are very grateful for that. So, it is a very Happy Thursday for me.

Ginny B

Blondie
July 12th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Hey folksies

Ginny, that is sure scarey for hubs and you. As if you needed extra stress on you right now. The devil never runs out of ammo to hurl at us, does he? When I get in a position where all I see are arrows coming at me, I holler out loud, Psalms 91, Lord! It's a great scripture and even though I know it mostly by heart now, I am rather lazy. Who knows The Word better than Him, right? Saying a prayer right this minute for you and yours. Too much, girlfriend, just way too much.

Carol, I find pictures all over the web and steal them. Shhhh. If I like them, I just keep them for me and my pals. Everyone needs a giggle.

I didn't get much accomplished today but I did make a little goodie for my Secret Buddy - whoever that may be - and had a good time with that. Whoever I get, I sure hope they like my style and taste.

Off to find my man. I made him a mixed berry cobbler for dessert and he has to share. mmmmmm

Sandy Navas
July 12th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Here are Layla and I in our pool from last week...It worked out great putting it on the old shed slab...definitely made the weather tolerable...24496

Trish, she is cuter than ever - what a change. Don't they just grow up too quick?

auntiemern
July 12th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Howdy all. A little late getting caught up with everything today. Ginny, so sorry bout your van, but thanks be to God that DH is not seriously injured. Sandy, my DH would be in fear for his life if he ever invited total strangers to spend the night. Made a trip into Osage Beach today (found out they had a new JoAnn's). Got some great patriotic fabrics 1/2 off, to start on my Soldier in Afghanistan quilt. Managed to get 2 Missouri Star blocks and a fence rail for Justin's QOV, done last night after I shipped DH off to go fishing. That is my favorite time being here. He only night fishes this time of year, so the evenings are my time. Legs are dealing me a fit tonight but gonna get something quilty done. Blessings to all, and prayers for those that need them.

quiltingtrish
July 12th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Oh Ginny - I am so very glad your DH will be okay. How scarey. If that were my DH, I'd probably still be shaking over it all. Prayers for a quick recovery for him from the problems he did receive.
Seems that I am still kept out of the loop here. Tomorrow DH, Katie, and her friend are heading for Arkansas to bring back her friends sister-in-law and dog to visit with us for about 2 weeks. The only good thing about DH going is that Katie or her friend won't be doing the driving. They will be home Sunday. Then, they will have to take this person and her dog back to Arkansas. Now, I ask you - would you even dream up a vacation and take your dog to someone else's house when you know that someone else's are not dog people? Even though we have a dog (which is not ours, it's Katie's friends dog that they were going to sell right after they got here - well, that was in April). I guess I am a sucker to be walked all over. I am getting tired of it. I am wondering what they plan to do with the dog that is already here since I am working full time tomorrow and then heading to my Dad's and won't be home until midnight'ish. They just assumed I would be home around 6.
I won't be around much on here for a bit, plan on spending time down in my 'womancave' which is not near my computer. I really don't want to listen to one more dog for the next 2 weeks.

Hugs,

middlesis1966
July 13th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Oh my Ginny B!! Its good to see that he is doing well. I'll pray that he continues doing well!

Well I got a shocker of a call today. Found out that I have a mass on my thyroid and am scheduled for a biopsy on the 25! Ugh I can't stand to wait that long. I'm already on the brink of insanity and to have to wait that long is not a good thing. I got to talk with my hubs tonite and feel so much better. He's one of my rocks and I really needed to talk with him. He helps keep me grounded. He did lose signal because he shift around and lost it. So he got in his truck and went up to the highway where he can get a signal, thank goodness!!!

I ran up to see my mom tonight for a very short visit and she's doing really good!! I feel so much better that I got to see her tonight. I just can't wait until she comes to the hospital in our town tomorrow. Yahoo, then I can spend more time with her since the travel time has been cut out.

Have a great night all and thanks so much for the prayers!