PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday again?

Monique
July 11th, 2012, 07:57 AM
I was looking for the Wednesday thread, saw the Tuesday thread and got all mixed up.

TODAY IS WEDNESDAY!!!

Today we will go visit Greg near Montreal and take the kitchen set and coffee table with us. I made chili and a homemade loaf of bread for supper. It will be a good visit.

HOT HOT HOT today and only getting hotter for the rest of the week.

I did manage to to FMQ and it was really FREE MOTION. The pattern is not pretty but I DID IT!! I am so proud of myself.

I wish every one of you a good day.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 11th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Hooray for you with FMQ success! Keep working on it! It will get easier. Have a good day!

Patrice
July 11th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Good Morning. Had a great time with my DGD yesterday. Haven't been in my sewing room this week so hope to do that today after I get some laundry done around here. This afternoon will get a much needed haircut. I have tried to let it grow out longer but just can't stand it. So it's coming off today. Blessed day to all of you!

RiverMomm
July 11th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Congrats on your FMQ. I guess I need to sit down and keep trying until it works . . . but . . . so far I am doing pretty good at ignoring it.

Relax and take your time-the bridge is under construction and it may take a while to get across. It will be great for you once the highway is finished that goes around and south of Montreal!

stitching woman
July 11th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Wow doing free motion on your sewing machine is not something I can do, congrats to you. Don't know what today will bring, I want to work on a quilt or two to donate to a couple of veterans that are facing some health issues here in our community.

Had eye appointments this week and can you say sticker shock but need to see so guess you just pay it.

Wishing you all a happy and productive day.

CrazyMtnLady
July 11th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Good Morning!

So Glad you found Wednesday Monique:icon_giggle: and glad you are getting the hang of FMQ.

Busy day yesterday. Went to Springfield. Did a whole lot of running around, Got new glasses and boy have my eyes changed since my last pair! :( By the time we got everything else done I was really tired out when I got to Hobby Lobby. I was suppose to START my day there but that didn't work out. I really thought Hobby Lobby had a better sewing department. I was really disappointed. They had ZERO templates and not many rulers. And very, very few precuts. I did manage to find 1 one of fat eigths I liked in yellows/oranges and 3 bundles (with five 18"x21" pieces) they are textured solids in yellows/oranges/peach and one is blues/greens. I want to make a wall hanging for our niece that is coming next month and if I can find the rose pattern I want I will make a yellow/orange rose with the blue background and the green leaves. I also got a book and a bobbin case. No big haul, but I enjoyed myself. Now to find a free rose pattern I like.

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers.

ginampls
July 11th, 2012, 10:25 AM
i have the day off today. and i slept in till 745am...ah coffee is good. need just one more cup then i am done with coffee for the day.

planning to go to wally world with DD...not fun for me but need to get some stuff...oh laundry... need to do some laundry.. some that chore got away from me now i have gobs to do...oh well... DD also wants desperately to go to county fair....oh boy not interested in that.. hot humid crowds... stinky fried food...rides... argh....it is just one day....i hope i can stand it... i will check weather forecast's and choose a good day...i hope..

i have not sewn in some time...i have some doll clothes pattern for an 18 doll. perhaps DD will help me. and that will be a fun activity. oh first do laundry so i can set up machine. i have 4 days off. so i have time. i think.

Sandy Navas
July 11th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Monique, enjoy your time with Greg even though you can't tell what day it is . . . it is all the sewing time catching up with you. Still have Greg & Roxy in my prayers for a quick sale of their house.

Patrice - love the time with the granddaughters. I need to grocery shop this afternoon so I'm planning to take the 3 and 5 YOs with me . . . what was I thinking? They keep begging for special Nana days and this seems to keep them happy.

Bernice & Donna - since I had my cataracts removed I only need reading glasses and have 8 pair scattered around the house. I ordered from a company in California and they are inexpensive by comparison . . . but my eye doctor has a fit that I do this. At least I can see when I need to and didn't scrape the bottom of the barrel to pay for them. Why do they have to be so very expensive?

Gina - when DD was little (probably about 2 to 2 1/2) we promised her and a friend's son that we would go to the County Fair. Both kids went to day care together and I worked with the little boy's mother. We picked them up after work and headed out. We had such a fantastic time - fairs are much better at night, I think. The kids had an absolute blast, running around, seeing all the animals, riding on rides that were appropriate, eating all the sugary foods. When we got ready to leave my daughter told me her feet hurt. So I took off her shoes and found about half a cup of sand in each one . . . from the day care!! I have always felt like a truly uncaring mother since that time - but why didn't she say something before? She was very vocal about everything . . . even back then.

Have one more border to add to Al's quilt top before I can dust my hands off and yell FINISHED. Started pinning it in place yesterday and found my seams were way off . . . and EVERY piece of the rest of the quilt has gone on near perfect. Before I screamed the phone rang, and I had an excuse to leave it on the assembly table for another day. Rippit, rippit, rippit.

Next on the list will be Sierra's - if you remember she has switched beds and is now in a double so will need a larger quilt. I am afraid to see if I can find enough fabric to match what we already have. I went back to the store where we bought what we have but they only had one FQ of the sashing needed and one of the other prints.

Enjoying the cooler weather - had the windows open last night for the first time in weeks. However, it promises to get to the 90s again today. There are clouds in the sky but the don't look angry enough to spill water on us.

Praying for peace, health, happiness . . . and relief.

SuzyQue
July 11th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Off to MSCQ to celebrate my birthday this past week. I have finished my 2 Dresdens plates so I can pick out background fabric for that and circle fabric for the centers. I have measured and dutifully done all my math, so I think I know what I need. Picking up a border for another quilt top that has sit for way too long unfinished. Can't wait to see the new store and see what screams my name, too! Might be an expensive trip.......but I am excited!

Sandy Navas
July 11th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Off to MSCQ to celebrate my birthday this past week. I have finished my 2 Dresdens plates so I can pick out background fabric for that and circle fabric for the centers. I have measured and dutifully done all my math, so I think I know what I need. Picking up a border for another quilt top that has sit for way too long unfinished. Can't wait to see the new store and see what screams my name, too! Might be an expensive trip.......but I am excited!

Sorry I missed your BIRTHDAY - so have a wonderfully HAPPY trip. I'm so jealous that I can't get there today to meet up with the Doans and YOU!!! Enjoy . . . as I know you will.

auntiemern
July 11th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Good day all. Glad to be at the lake :) However, not the ideal place for sewing. Did manage to get my turtle quilt quilted. Now all I have to do is make the binding and bind it. It is just more work than I am used to. Have to move things around constantly. Machine on the table to sew, off the table to cut. On the table to sew, off the table to iron. Whew, already has me wore out just typing what is to come. Going to try to get QOV blocks for Justin done today. Need to run to Wally World and pick up a few things. Blessings to all. Prayers for those in need. Have a great day, that hopefully has something to do with quilting.

stitching woman
July 11th, 2012, 05:40 PM
SuzyQue it was so nice to meet you today. Hope you found lots of fabric but of course in MSQC it is never hard to do.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 11th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Good Morning!

So Glad you found Wednesday Monique:icon_giggle: and glad you are getting the hang of FMQ.

Busy day yesterday. Went to Springfield. Did a whole lot of running around, Got new glasses and boy have my eyes changed since my last pair! :( By the time we got everything else done I was really tired out when I got to Hobby Lobby. I was suppose to START my day there but that didn't work out. I really thought Hobby Lobby had a better sewing department. I was really disappointed. They had ZERO templates and not many rulers. And very, very few precuts. I did manage to find 1 one of fat eigths I liked in yellows/oranges and 3 bundles (with five 18"x21" pieces) they are textured solids in yellows/oranges/peach and one is blues/greens. I want to make a wall hanging for our niece that is coming next month and if I can find the rose pattern I want I will make a yellow/orange rose with the blue background and the green leaves. I also got a book and a bobbin case. No big haul, but I enjoyed myself. Now to find a free rose pattern I like.

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers.

I have some of those fat quarters, they look so pretty together, not sure what exactly I want to do with them yet.

SuzyQue
July 11th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Bernice----nice to meet you, too! It is so much fun to put a face to a name....in person! I bought well over my limit today......but hubby was there and he actually encouraged me to just go on and get it all now. So I have no excuses to not get these 2 king sized quilts done! Wish I could be at MSQC on Saturday......but the money is gone!

Sandy Navas
July 11th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Bernice----nice to meet you, too! It is so much fun to put a face to a name....in person! I bought well over my limit today......but hubby was there and he actually encouraged me to just go on and get it all now. So I have no excuses to not get these 2 king sized quilts done! Wish I could be at MSQC on Saturday......but the money is gone!

I think you must have spent what I had set aside, too! And isn't Bernice a wonderful friend . . .? And her sister, too!!! Wish I could have been there. Oh, well, next time. Share what you bought though.