PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Morning

Blondie
July 10th, 2012, 06:51 AM

Happy Day Folksies!

Just getting back up the hill; a decent night's sleep. Now to get hubs off to work in a bit. While I type this morning greeting, I am having my internal ode to coffee. Luscious made a strong pot this morning. It really could have carried me up the hill if I had known it was going to be this strong. What my Daddy would have called Bull Coffee.

Yesterday morning, I worked out in the yard a bit until the sun was up good. The last few weeks has seen me not only neglecting my sewing, but everything else. Of course my mom is worth it but I forget where I was at with what I was doing. And yes, Mom is doing great; Sis and I stay with her at night because of the heart monitor thing right now ~ before all the scare the other week, I was working on a new little flower bed. Of course, the heat wave we have had has kept me from doing too much outside either except early morning and evenings. I did get downstairs for a while yesterday. No cleaning was done. I play with my kitty, sew a few fabric chains and held my DD's new puppy.

DD got a german shepherd pup last week. My house now looks like doggie day care. Now I care for my chi chi, DD's doxie and german shepherd. I told her I would be helping with the house breaking. Why do I say these things? cheyenne is a sweet puppy. I've never had a shephed before. Smart little thing. I have decided since she will be a big dog, I want her to love me exceptionally well.

Okay folksies, have a real hoppy day. Do like I do; turn the hose on yourself and then anyone else near you. Even dogs like nice cool water on their back.

Prayers, hugs and lots of encouragement/support to those who need it. Smiles are always given free. so SMILE!

Patrice
July 10th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Yikes..Is it me or did you make your font smaller?...Glad mom is doing well. Have fun with that new puppy. German Shepherds are great dogs. Today is a Grammie day for me. I get my sweet Angel Ava all day today. She is 3 and will be starting at my preschool this fall. I can't wait. I will get to see her everyday! I think we may have a tea party today. A Blessed day to all today.

Granny Judy
July 10th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Gosh, Blondie, you are up and at it, really early. My aches and pains just wouldn't let me lay about today. I had my Tai-Chi lesson last night at 7 p.m. and afterwards fell asleep. The moves are suppose to "energize" you.. All I do is fall asleep faster. Maybe if the lesson was early in the morning.???

No plans except a massage at noon - sorting thru boxes from the Attic for the big purge. They are all stacked, awaiting my decision, and taking up space in my sewing area.. So, I guess the Kiddos want me to get right on this purging thing. I keep saying I have one more bobbin of quilting to do on this quilt of hers. BUT, I believe I lost this round of PROJECTS to do first.

Hugs and prayers going out to all. Ya know the Lord Made this day espcially for you.

Monique
July 10th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Blondie, you always make me smile.

I tried my hand at FMQ yesterday. It was quite an experience, to say the least. Especially when you haven't a clue what to do. I have had great advice from the experts here. Thanks everyone.

I squared more blocks too. BORING!! Can't wait to be done.

I needed a much deserved break, so I went to visit a friend who ONLY pieces by hand and hand quilts. She is currently working on a T shirt quilt. Her work is beautiful to say the least. I tell people that all she had to do is sneeze and she has a quilt made.

Sitting here freezing my tushie. The nights are really cool here. It have NEVER been like that. Strange weather patterns.

Today I am going to make chili and homemade bread. We are going to see Greg tomorrow and bring him a kitchen set and a few more bits of furniture. He forgot one of his bags (containing underwear and t-shirts) at home and it has travelled with a buddy. It is now in Ottawa, so we will pick it up and I found a place where I can buy a statue of St. Joseph to send to Roxy so we can get the house sold. There is a viewing today, so everyone keep your fingers crossed.

I have been awake since about 2:30 and got up at about 4. I think nap time later today.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Blondie
July 10th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Hey Patrice, I can see this fine - is it too small for you? Of course, I am wearing my cheaters from the
$ store. Perhaps it is because I haven't made it bold. Hmm.
Is this better?
Or this?

Yikes..Is it me or did you make your font smaller?...Glad mom is doing well. Have fun with that new puppy. German Shepherds are great dogs. Today is a Grammie day for me. I get my sweet Angel Ava all day today. She is 3 and will be starting at my preschool this fall. I can't wait. I will get to see her everyday! I think we may have a tea party today. A Blessed day to all today.

quilter.martha
July 10th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Monique, I'm sitting here freezing as well. It's 48* outside! At least this morning most of my windows were shut since it knew it was coming. I had a fun day yesterday with my 2 friends, sewing away. We each had our own projects we were working on, but I am kinda the "go to gal", so I don't normally get as much done as I'd like on my own projects. But, it was still fun. Today is work at church, so very little sewing will be in store for me. I really want to get these Linus Project quilts finished so I can return to a twin quilt I'm FMQ. Oh well, what's a few UFOs anyway!

Patrice
July 10th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Hey Patrice, I can see this fine - is it too small for you? Of course, I am wearing my cheaters from the
$ store. Perhaps it is because I haven't made it bold. Hmm.
Is this better?
Or this?
lol..It's fine..It's just me and my old eyes..I need new glasses and just haven't gotten around to getting them

MRoy
July 10th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Good morning! We got a little more rain yesterday evening. I've almost got the unused bedrooms cleaned and ready for the grand kids arrival on Sunday night. We're so looking forward to seeing them. Nothing special going on here...I need more coffee this morning!

Blondie
July 10th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Here are a few pics I took yesterday of DD's new puppy, Cheyenne.

ain't she a cutie pie?

Lonna
July 10th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Just want to yell out Hello to everyone. A quick check to see how everyone is doing this morning. Well have to run time to hit the road to the hospital hope to be home around noon. Then maybe Wayne can get a little rest this afternoon and I can do a little sewing. Have a good day my friends.

ginampls
July 10th, 2012, 08:28 AM
i am well, i do work today.. 10 to 2. then to the pool we will go.gonna be hot. 90 plus humidity...what fun.. i need to pick up my meds from the pharm today. umm coffee. lucious must have miss counted the spoons...bull coffee hum that is a new one on me..DB called last night to say job was good , he did a lot of standing around. as first days goes. rules and regs... details. he said he will be rod welding today, he has not done this in years. but he is skilled so it will all come back to him.

I get to work today. not too shabby. then i am off for 4 days..i think ...must check and write it down. then the dreaded county fair....i hate the fair...but DD wants to go super bad...hope there is a cooler days ahead. ah summer time. i hate the rides.. tummy cant handle it no more...a neighbor would like to go. they have kids so that would be fun for her and me. next week i get to go to a cardiologist. still feeling the sonic rushes... where heart just starts pumping then it goes away...my dr said it is nothing.. perhaps a panic like attack...so i said " i want to talk to a cardiologist. so he agreed. that will be on the 18th...really looking forward to it. so in the meantime..i am hanging in there...need second cup.

Monique
July 10th, 2012, 08:30 AM

ain't she a cutie pie?

I am sure you all know by now, that I am not an animal person, BUT she is cute!!

CrazyMtnLady
July 10th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Good Morning.
Cheyenne is a cutie pie for sure.

Hope you all get some warm up sunshine soon. It finally has cooled down some here with the rain we hand. But the humidity is still pretty high. The computer didn't want to turn on again this morning. Guess I need to make sure DH takes if off the desk and brings it into the bedroom before he comes to bed tonight.

Today is exciting. We are going to Springfield!!! DH is going to drop me at Hobby Lobby and I get to shop to my hearts content while he goes to meet a friend. And goes to a boot store. I know once he gets to talking to his friend about black powder guns I will have at least 2 hours of "ME" time to shop and pick out fabrics, templates, pattern books...........OOOOO I am as giddy as a schoolgirl:icon_giggle:.....I am drooling with anticipation :icon_drool:.....I am crazy with excitement:icon_crazy:...is it time to go yet? is it time to go yet?.....

Have a great day everyone... I know I will!!!

Hugs and prayers.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 10th, 2012, 08:35 AM

ain't she a cutie pie?She sure is a handsome girl! How is he with chewing? That's my one issue with puppies, they chew their way to adulthood, and the furniture is the worse for it. I should talk, as my one chair is my cat's favorite scratching post, and it shows!

GrammaBabs
July 10th, 2012, 09:18 AM
OH...........i want to "hugs him to pieces"!!!!!!!!!!!! I love puppies and kittys!!!

ain't she a cutie pie?

Blondie
July 10th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks gals; it is lightly raining so I have all the pups inside. Chey suffers from separation anxiety I think and she wants to constantly be in my lap or next to me. The other girls are good "nanny" dogs for her. Right now I have her big self in my lap and the other two want to be there as well. Sigh. It's niced to be loved and get puppy kisses. I will put them in the big kennel in a minute so I can make my way downstairs to sort through the fabric chains I did yesterday. I have been outside in the drizzle laying mulch and pulling some weeds. Gosh, I love to get wet and not from sweat. Oh, excuse me, I am a southern gal; I get dewy, right? Let me tell you this southern belle sweats like a hawg these days.
Lonna, special prayers for you and hubby.
Later, gators.

cherokeerose
July 10th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Cheyenne is a cutie, I love German Shepherd's, I want a white one.

middlesis1966
July 10th, 2012, 10:10 AM
The doggie pics are so cute!
Sisn't do much last night except worry, so a whole night was wasted. I'm here at work now so my mind will be on something else, so thats cool!
Donna you luckey girl!! Just thinking of how you get to spend your time makes me jealous, lol! Have fun with all the fabrics!

Divine Daisy
July 10th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Mr D's first day at home, feels so good to have him across the room from me. Youngest daughter.........pregnancy psycosis........ chose yesterday to throw another attack across our bow and a letter arrived this morning from her adding to the distress. She seems to choose the most vunerable times to do this. If there is any sort of break in our toing and froing and hospital stuff it seems to be filled with her piling on the pain. We are to get no respite it seems. She has declared in her letter that all contact is to be severed, now and forever and wishes us well for the future!

I am just very quiet today because I darent start to process this or I will break down and when the letter arrived this morning and he read it, Mr D just put his head in his hands and said I just can't deal with more of this today. So I am quiet, not discussing it, trying not to think about it or her who I love so much or my first grandchild who I will never see. More than anything I wish I had my Mam to talk to. But she is in a carehome suffering from dimentia and doesn't know me.

Tomorrow is another day and the pain will be.....not less .....just a little more familiar and I will cope. For the rest of today, well I am popping out for a bit now to buy some white cotton as my online order still hasnt arrived after 7 days and work is being held up for want of a border of white.

Someone asked me why people feel the need to discuss their very personal emotional situations online and so publicly. I guess the answer is that sometimes there is just no one at all one can talk to.

Sorry to be so down........ tomorrow is another day

Swedish leo
July 10th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Sending you and hubby warm hugs and buckets of love.

Hugs Annika

K. McEuen
July 10th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Daisy, I'm not sure what else to say other than I am sorry for the way your daughter is acting. (and that I'd still like to smack her in the back of the head for it)

Maybe once all her pregnancy hormones settle down she will come to her senses. I'm wondering if she will even remember what she's done.

Sandy Navas
July 10th, 2012, 11:47 AM

Yes, Patrice, her font is MUCH smaller and I was doing the trick where you hit control and the center button on your mouse and enlarged everything until it was about 20 inches high. Took a while to get it almost normal again.

Say, enjoy your little Ava. Nothing like a 3YO to keep you on your toes. I was commenting to DD the other day how Zoe was sure 'wound-up' and DD told me it was because she caught Zoe 'drinking' honey. Talk about a buzz. Sneaky kids!!

Sandy Navas
July 10th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Sending out a PM in a bit . . . suffering with what seems to be a 'mild' head cold this morning. Change in temps? Perhaps. Off to sew where I can as long as I can.

All the usual to everyone!

middlesis1966
July 10th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Oh miss daisy I'm so sorry that you have to go thru this while your hubby is fighting for his health. I have faith that we are never given more then we can handle, but sometimes enough seems like to much. I've added this to my prayers that she will see what is going on and stop.

Claire Hallman
July 10th, 2012, 12:11 PM
So sorry Daisy, I know of what you speak. Our only child, a son, decided we were intolerable and didn't speak for over a year. it was tough but we did manage to live through it and after a while it seemed almost normal. We have been back on better terms for about a year, he and his girlfriend got married and are now pregnant. He lost a job opportunity that he had been counting on for months and now he is not having anything to do with us again. I don't understand but will have to live through that again.
Hopefully this will pass and she will come to her senses and realize she needs the relationship after all. I will say a prayer for both of our kids that they wake up.

sewbizzy
July 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Weather has cooled here in Pgh...no rain though...
I've been getting quite a bit of sewing done..."sew happy"
Blondie the puppy is so cute...we had a shepherd for 13 years...his name was Bo and he was just shy of 100 lbs...he passed a few years ago...I think of him often....no more dogs for me (but, I love them---get my fix from my daughters 2 and my youngest sons puppy)!!!
Allison (Ms. Daisy), Praying for you and your hubby every day---also praying for your daughter!!!
Blessings and have a good day everyone!!

Blondie
July 10th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Hello everyone
I am taking advantage of the misty rain and sleeping puppy dogs to spend an extra minute on here. I so miss the group when I am so otherwise occupied.

Daisy, my dear divine Allison. I am at a loss about the DD. And as far as venting here online - I think we ALL do the same because sometimes the people around us don't quite get us. And most of the gals here can certainly understand dysfunctional. When my own dear Mom got after me for going on a rant about big brother and his silly wife the other week, she exclaimed "Why do I have such a dysfunctional family?!" I had to laugh because every family is nutsy. Some have been shaking that family nut tree too hard at times. I am glad that you have so many good friends here online to share with and give you and Stewart emotional comfort.

Here is part of what I am working on, folksies. Our dear Daisy made a suggestion to someone last month about a star quilt - the evening star. While I've made this block for swaps before, I've never attempted to piece one together. It is obviously in my favorite style - very scrappy. I have chosen colors that really remind me of my quilting granny. I can imagine her doing a quilt like this and in these colors. I have one quarter of it pieced and have been doing some hand stitching down at Mom's and in the dr offices. Mistakes are more than plentiful, let me tell you! However, Luscious Larry likes what he sees so far, and has declared it a keeper.

I am back down to the basement to sew a few more chains. Oh, and in case I don't make it in here in the morning ~ I have a very early a.m. appt for Mom. I doubt seriously if I will climb up the hill from her house to mine in time to visit. Hopefully will see everyone tomorrow. I just know Monique will get everyone started out with a big smile.

Blessings to all.

Sandy Navas
July 10th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Here is part of what I am working on, folksies. Our dear Daisy made a suggestion to someone last month about a star quilt - the evening star. While I've made this block for swaps before, I've never attempted to piece one together. It is obviously in my favorite style - very scrappy. I have chosen colors that really remind me of my quilting granny. I can imagine her doing a quilt like this and in these colors. I have one quarter of it pieced and have been doing some hand stitching down at Mom's and in the dr offices. Mistakes are more than plentiful, let me tell you! However, Luscious Larry likes what he sees so far, and has declared it a keeper.

I am back down to the basement to sew a few more chains. Oh, and in case I don't make it in here in the morning ~ I have a very early a.m. appt for Mom. I doubt seriously if I will climb up the hill from her house to mine in time to visit. Hopefully will see everyone tomorrow. I just know Monique will get everyone started out with a big smile.

Blessings to all.

Absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the quilt. But I have to chime in here that if Monique has frozen to her keyboard the message we get from her tomorrow will probably be garbled.

Patrice
July 10th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I survived my Grammie day. I think I will sleep like a log tonight. Whew! I loved it :)

middlesis1966
July 10th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Made it back and now the nail biting begins. I won't find anything out until Fridays appointment with the ONC. I just have to keep my thoughts in a good place and know that its up to God and not me, thanks so much for the prayers everyone.

Tomorrow is my mom's foot surgery. She will have a long road to recovery ahead of her. She'll be in the hospital for 3 days. She'll go to another hospital after that for 6 weeks. I wish she didn't have to stay at the 2 one, but there is no other choice. She can't walk on that foot for 6 weeks. She can't even stand either. On the up side, the 2nd stay is just 2 blocks from my house so sometimes I can go sleep with her!!!! We have never ever been without my mom for anything so this is gonna be hard on her, us too. She's always been there and not having her beside me at church is gonna be different. Looks like her and I will have several Sundays where we'll go to church on TV together. On the plus side she will walk so much better when she heals up. That will be so nice to see her walk without being in so much pain. Its so hard watching her get older. I don't remember her getting older, to me she's mom and that's that!

K. McEuen
July 10th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Blondie, that quilt looks great so far. It reminds me of some of the ones that my grandma made as well. We had two that I used as a kid that finally wore out that were very much like that one.

janluna
July 11th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Blondie, your quilt is lovely! Love the fabrics you are using.
Allison, I'm so glad Stewart is home and resting. As for your Daughter, she's having a baby,she will know someday, the pain she caused you, when it happens to her. I have a hard time with children who mistreat their parents. I'm hoping this is baby hormones and she will come to her senses after she delivers. We will all have to say prayers for her to get her head back on her shoulders, where it belongs, and not stuck up her posterior. Prayers for you and Stewart are still being said everyday. We all love you both so much. And you can vent away anytime you'd like. I have. Why should I be the only one? LOL Seriously, it's better out than in. You two are under such pressure, you need to vent. So vent away!
Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

pcbatiks
July 11th, 2012, 02:10 AM

ain't she a cutie pie?

Blondie, The puppy is adorable!!! Love the puppies.....it's going to be a pretty dog when it's grown!