PDA

View Full Version : Rebel

phoots
July 10th, 2012, 02:31 AM
My BF and I have 4 cats inside our apartment. Outside is the sweetest boy kitty, Rebel. He's about 3 yrs old or so, and his eyes are just a bit crossed. He's owners never named him and then just left him when they decided to moved back to Ohio. So we've taken guardianship...until we can find a good home for him. He's very laid back, until he's after a bird!!!

Well, it's been pretty hot here. Last night Rebel started showing signs of heat stress. The forecasted high temp today was to be 110. My BF told me hardly got any sleep last night worrying about Rebel. This morning he said that he wanted to bring him in so he wouldn't get sick again. I, of course, agreed! We had already discussed bringing him inside on winter nights when it was going to be awful cold. But this heat is brutal!!

I came home from work today and Rebel was outside. I freaked out! I told my BF, "It's 111 outside!! Why did you let him out???" BF just said that he wanted to go out just for a bit. And, sure enough, he was only out there about 30 minutes before he came in. Tomorrow and Wednesday it's supposed to be 114. Rebel will be staying inside for a couple of days. It's not fit for man nor beast out there!!

Below are pictures I took of Rebel this evening. As soon as he walks in, he's at home!

Love to all!

Pam in Vegas

Monique
July 10th, 2012, 05:58 AM
He looks happy to be there.

wendyw1
July 10th, 2012, 06:17 AM
He looks very much like our Springer !!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 10th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Looks like he's adjusted to the good life of an indoor cat!

Blondie
July 10th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Hey Pam, he knows that there is no place like home. You and BF are good eggs for taking him into your heart and home.

quilter.martha
July 10th, 2012, 07:33 AM
I'm going to bet here that soon you'll be posting you have 5 cats, not 4! He looks like a sweetie.

CrazyMtnLady
July 10th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Lucky cat! He looks so content and happy. I have 3 cats (+ the 7 kittens). All three are outside/inside cats but one because he is an un-neutered male and sprays. The other 2 can come in if they want too. Of course Ava gets to come in to feed the kittens but goes out when she wants a break. LOL They stay under the house in the cool most of the time.

Speaking of which, I do not remember seeing the "Planet" cat...Chester yesterday.. I guess I will have to go out and call his name, last time I did that he was under the horse trailer and gave me a look of "Hey, I was sleeping, now what do you want." I am sure he is somewhere keeping cool.

madampolo
July 10th, 2012, 10:01 AM
He is adoreable! It looks like your other cats are going to adjust to him well. That heat is brutal on animals!

RiverMomm
July 10th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I'm going to bet here that soon you'll be posting you have 5 cats, not 4! He looks like a sweetie.

I agree! I can't believe your other cats are so calm about Rebel. Yep, I think he is a keeper.

Genny
July 10th, 2012, 11:01 AM
He looks just like my daughter's cat that just wandered to her house and she adopted him. I'm afraid Rebel would become my house pet, what a sweetie!

Claire Hallman
July 10th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I don't understand why we don't have some kitty come to visit and decide to stay. Could be that our Inky doesn't want to share.:D DH would be a sucker for a stray but he's not gonna go get another on purpose:0.
BTW I think Rebel is a cutie and looks as if he has not missed many meals.

alwaysinmyroom
July 10th, 2012, 11:49 AM
How can anyone just leave their pets? So kind of you to think about him and his well being during the extreme weather...

People who just leave animals like that will get their own brand of justice someday while people like you will be blessed!

Rebel is a cutie pie and looks right at home!

cyndiofthevortex
July 10th, 2012, 12:09 PM
He has certainly made himself at home! I bet you'll keep him. Looks like he belongs just where he is.

Sandy Navas
July 10th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I can't get my outdoor cats to come in the house. If I try to bring them in they tell me in no uncertain terms to open the door and LET ME OUT!! Do you have any problems with Rebel using the litter box since he is used to being outside? That would be my major concern. One of the cats, I know, would spray and I can't put up with that.

Love the grey tabbies though.

phoots
July 11th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Sandy, honestly, I've not seen Rebel use the litter box...but also there are no accidents anywhere. Every once in a while he'll ask to go outside and I think that's when he does his business! My BF says that Rebel knows where the litter boxes are, he's smelled them. I would never put up with a cat that sprays!! Luckily Rebel is not a sprayer!!

Claire, I spent 11 yrs in Alabama! Loved it there!! I had 6 cats there, 5 came from a stray who kept getting knocked up!!! Be careful what you wish for!!!

Pam in Vegas