PDA

View Full Version : Port surgery in the AM

Lonna
July 9th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Just a quick post to give you an update on DH tomorrow he will have a port put in for his chemo. We both know that this is a quick surgery but it is really letting it get to him. I hope that he can rest a little tonight as we have to be at the hospital by 7:30 in the morning. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Loonwatcher
July 9th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Sending my prayers your way. It may be a simple procedure but it's still scary. Take care.

Genny
July 9th, 2012, 10:49 PM
My oldest son in law had Colon cancer last year and had to have a port, he had it for quite a few months. I remember it didn't take them long to do the Surgery but he was pretty sore for a while. He had his until he was done with chemo and all his tests came back as being cancer free.

Hope everything goes well and I'm sending prayers your way.

pcbatiks
July 9th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Lonna, Both of you have been in my prayers and will continue to be.........getting the port will help make things a little easier.....but I know it's hard not to worry. Take Care.

Beach Cottage Quilter
July 9th, 2012, 11:19 PM
You and your husband is in my thoughts & prayers...my the Lord bless you with rest tonight and peace through this surgery. God Bless you both.

sewmuchjan
July 9th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Prayers to you and your Hubby.

Love, Hugs, and Blessings for you two,
Jan G.

Divine Daisy
July 9th, 2012, 11:47 PM
sending a piece of Mr D's luck while he is out of hospital and doesnt need it. Also sending you the advice to look after yourself too. Please take my advice..........I'm not using it!

stitching woman
July 9th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Sending my thoughts and prayers.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 10th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Hope it ll goes smoothly and he recovers quickly. When my Dh got his, the worst thing was an emergency surgery bumped him back later, he was so hungry by the time he got the port!

SuzyQue
July 10th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Prayers said and will be continued. Hope the chemo will do its job and health is restored soon.

sewbizzy
July 10th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Prayers going your hubby's way...and yours too...luck with the port surgery...

phoots
July 10th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Lonna, I've prayed for you hubby tonight!! Sleep well!!

Pam in Vegas

denisecolli
July 10th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Prayers being sent fr both of you

Winniesfriend
July 10th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Sending hugs and prayers.

Bubby
July 10th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Yes, it's a fairly simple and quick procedure. He should do fine. I'm praying for you both...Barb

quilter.martha
July 10th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Prayers for you this morning as you head out. Prayers for peace for both of you. God be with you!

CrazyMtnLady
July 10th, 2012, 08:43 AM
I know you are busy at the hospital at this time, but I just wanted you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Sandy Navas
July 10th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Wish I had caught this message last night but I did step up my prayers for Wayne . . . even though the surgery is probably over. I think the advice from Divine Daisy is extremely good and you should heed it at all costs. You know Wayne will be in our prayers until this ordeal is over . . . and I include you, too!!

Lonna
July 10th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. Everything went fine his Dr. was late getting in because of weather but we were home by noon. He set up awhile after we got home and I did a little sewing. He is now laying down and resting. If it wasn't so late in the afternoon I would be taking me a nap on this rainy day. But to late in the day for me so I may just head back into my sewing room. Once again thank you all so much for your prayers and the love I feel from you all.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 10th, 2012, 06:08 PM
So glad to hear things went well.

pcbatiks
July 10th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Good to hear things went smoothly. Make sure and get plenty of rest for yourself....the caretaker needs support and rest too :)

quiltingtrish
July 11th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Sorry I didn't see this earlier, but I'm glad it's over for him and that he had the chance to rest. I'll keep him in my prayers for sure, and for you too.

Hugs,