PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter To Sandy and Jean

Divine Daisy
July 9th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I am going to put aside my natural British reserve and try without being mushy or gushing and without hiding behind humour to say what I mean.

This forum has been an amazing experience for me. Here I have met so many who have touched mine and Mr Daisy's life with their kindness. They made a beautiful quilt for someone they didn't know, so many contributing and one person working so hard to put it together. That quilt has done so much to sustain Mr D during his many stays in hospital, while he has felt ill and not cared what came next. For that I thank you all once again.

There are two people here who without their friendship I sometimes wonder how I would have carried on these past many months. Those people are Jean and Sandy.

Jean with her kindness and understanding of nursing a seriously ill husband, has sustained me often and in many ways. Just knowing she knows how I am feeling helps so much. She expresses herself so well and hits the spot every time.

Sandy...........sighs............ Sandy has been such a support and a fabulous friend to me. Today there was a knock on the door, and when I answered the postman handed me a parcel from MSQC. I had not ordered anything and opened it thinking it had been sent in error and whatever lovely stuff was inside I was going to have to return. Inside I found two charm packs, one called crazy daisy. It was a birthday gift from Sandy!

Sandy thank you so much! I cannot express how I felt when I realised what it was and who it was from. Your friendship strengthens me so much, your thoughtfulness makes me humble. Fabulous unshockable Sandy, thank you for being my friend.

For a long time I felt that there were so few nice people in the world. This forum has taught me I was wrong. thank you all for that.

And to Sandy and Jean.......... well..........just thank you

Now someone get me a tissue!

nadiaskhan
July 9th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Such a heartfelt letter.. I cried when I read it.. Its a blessing to have people that care.. And the surprise must have put you on cloud nine.. I hope your husband is well.. May God bless him with good health and a long life..

I can partly imagine what you must go through on a daily basis.. My husband has been my support for 2 and 1/2 years now.. And he's a life saver.. All I can say is your husband must love you for everything you do for him everyday.. I know I love my husband for his courage, care, help, understanding and all that strength..

God Bless
Nadia

Jean Sewing Machine
July 9th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Tissue here, Me, too, you dear friend, who I've never laid eyes on. I wish I could walk side by side with you, not through a virtual world, but in real living flesh and blood, as you journey down this difficult road. And if your way is British reserve, I'd be surprised to see a Brit who lets it all hang out! I love your wit, your humor, your historical point of view and your special way of loving others as only you can! So glad this forum has put us in touch and intertwined our lives!

The same goes for Sandy, Barb x 2, Marilyn, Kellie, Rhonda x 2, Blondie, Kizzie, Cyndi, I could and should go on and on naming names, you are all to very special to me. Thanks for writing, Allison. We are by your side, even if we are thousands of miles apart. You are one in 7 billion ( lost count, is that what this earth is now holding?)

Oh, and I can't forget Jenny and her clan, who made this whole community of friends possible!

Quilts are made by taking a single entity, shaping it carefully and with love, stitching it together with others, who by themselves may not be that special, and creating a complete entity that is a thing of beauty. Isn't that what this forum has become? A thing of beauty made up of hundreds of friends.

Sandy Navas
July 9th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I am truly choked up . . . I didn't do anything special, Alison. After all - doesn't the Crazy Daisy fit well? At least I thought so - and I knew, although you were getting to be an old phardt, that you had so much on your plate that you weren't thinking about yourself. So I just sent you a bouquet of flowers. Now go sew up something spectacular just for YOU!!

Love you like a sister - and even more.

Friends are like quilts,
Lives pieced and stitched together,
Colored by happiness and tears,
Bound by memories and love,
Cherished throughout the years.

Thanks for being my Quilty Friend!!

sewbizzy
July 9th, 2012, 12:19 PM
This forum is the most wonderful place!
Allison, you are a special person...I am still very new to the forum, but everyone loves you and each other!!!
It is amazing how the forum has brought everyone together----true and caring friends...
thanks for letting me be a part of it!!!
Now that I had my cry for the day, I'm back to sewing!
Love you All!!!

Genny
July 9th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Tissue here too please... I've always said that this forum is filled with the most generous and loving people I've ever not met.

pcbatiks
July 9th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Daisy, Thanks for sharing your wonderful letter with all of us. It made me smile! Friends can help lift us when we need it most. And what a great surprise for our birthday! Hope you and Mr Daisy have a good week! :)

Monique
July 9th, 2012, 01:12 PM
*Wipes a tear*

Well said Allison. I wonder if Jenny really knows just how MSQC has brought all of us together here. Not just for the quilting but for the friendships we have made along the way.

SuzyQue
July 9th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Again I am awed by the wonderful, thoughtful, caring, loving members of this site. What a tremendous blessing this has been for so many on here, myself included. Jenny and her family have truly created something miraculous and awesome! I am so blessed to be a part of this website and the friendships offered here.

sewmuchjan
July 9th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Wipes a tear away!!! What lovely words and what lovely folk we have here!!! God Bless all of you. Also, thank you for letting me be your friend and joining in this home away from home.

Sandy and Jean, you both are one of a kind..Filled with so much heart and soul..we would be lost without you two. At least I would.

Mr. & Mrs. D, thank you for sharing your daily courage that shines through your messages not matter what you are dealing with, and your friendship.

Love,
Jan G

Klasien
July 9th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Wauw.......what a great letter!

I know what you mean, all those ladies here are wonderful! All the love and friendship gets me through the days also.
You deserve it dear Mrs Daisy, I know you do anything for everybody, now it was your time to shine!!

Hang in there, and never forget we all love you!!!

(((hugs)))

BellasQuilts
July 9th, 2012, 04:50 PM
((((((((((((((((((group hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))

middlesis1966
July 9th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Awe that just makes me want cry!! The gals around here are a very carring bunch!!!!!

janluna
July 9th, 2012, 06:06 PM
This forum is AWESOME!!!!!!!! Alison, you and Stewart deserve all the love, Hugs, and Prayers. You both are such dears. My DH and I pray for you both every single day. Please remember to take care of you. You are under such stress, and you do so much for everyone else. Please take time to relax and be good to you. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

CrazyMtnLady
July 9th, 2012, 06:30 PM
:icon_sniff::icon_sniff::icon_sniff: Dang it I hate to cry in front of people! :icon_sniff::icon_sniff::icon_sniff:

This place is the best! And Allison you deserve to be treated with love as much as Jean and Sandy deserve the kindness you have given them.

Hugs.

MRoy
July 9th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Alison, thank you for sharing your letter with all of us. This group has been a wonderful support for many of us during difficult times and a joy when sharing the good times! Alison and Stuart are wonderful examples of strength and tenacity that we can all look up too. Sandy's big heart is sometimes disguised in her wit and humor and Jean is always here...armed and ready to help anyone in any way she can (and she can turn out finished quilts faster than anyone I know!)

To every one who shares and cares here...Thank you for being my quilty friends.

GrammaBabs
July 9th, 2012, 07:30 PM
It's all been said... i second it!!!I too wonder if M* really knows what has grown here...
Sandy and Jean... and Blondie as well...we are all humbled by your words and actions...
Our world is better for having you in it...
Mrs. D...I thinking of you... and your DH.... as the saying goes.... "What goes around, comes around".... hugs to all.. G Babs

Kizzie
July 9th, 2012, 07:52 PM
ok I tried really hard to make it through all the posts wihtout a tear but it didnt happen. I love all of you guys too - to me you are just long lost relatives, from extra mums to grandparents to sisters from another mother.

You are all so special - I know I havent been on as much as I have lately but I am finally settled into a routine again so I can come on here more often - you all are so extremely helpful, kind, you all have beautiful words of wisdom and it pulls people through their hard times in life - its so nice to hear and its so nice to try and help people

You are all so inspirational and have given so much to the world throughout your life - I know I'm in Australia now but if you were to ever pass by where I live you know you always have a room here.

you are my extended family, when I need to talk you are all there

I love you all to pieces and if it wasnt for this forum I would NEVER be where I am today with quilting and more friends ever!

Although we have never shook hands or given a hug your words on screen mean so much more than a hug of some of my own family members who just dont care...

if I am half the woman you guys are when I reach your age I would be so happy with what I have achieved in life

Thanks so much to you all

BIG HUGS FROM ACROSS THE SEAS

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jean Sewing Machine
July 9th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Is Kizzie saying we're old? Oh heck, a look in the mirror verifies that fact!

Kizzie
July 9th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Is Kizzie saying we're old? Oh heck, a look in the mirror verifies that fact!

Old Jean .. you never!! you are one of my long lost sisters :) just old-ER than me - now if your younger than 25 I take it all back LOL :) ;)

Jean Sewing Machine
July 9th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Old Jean .. you never!! you are one of my long lost sisters :) just old-ER than me - now if your younger than 25 I take it all back LOL :) ;)

No, i'm not that big of a liar!

K. McEuen
July 9th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Ha, I realized just how young Kizzie was the other day when I read something where she said her mum was 44 now.

Winniesfriend
July 9th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Thank you for sharing your letter, as I to wipe away a tear, I so love this forum and the wonderful generous people that are one here.

nurrsey
July 9th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Beautiful way to recognize two wonderful people on the forum!

Loonwatcher
July 9th, 2012, 10:44 PM
All I can say that hasn't already been said is that the Kleenex Corp. must be very happy we've all found each other. Thank you all for being my friends.

RFREE
July 9th, 2012, 11:05 PM
All I can say that hasn't already been said is that the Kleenex Corp. must be very happy we've all found each other. Thank you all for being my friends.

I wanna second that! I may not post on here very often but I read each and every post. I am not good at putting things in words as some of you are but I cry,pray,laugh and thank god each and every day that I have found you all.I have said it before;this is the best forum there is and I feel truly blessed to be a part of it.You are the best group of quilting buddies a woman could ask for.I love each and everyone of you for your friendships I have found here.I want to thank you all for being there for me and all the other people who really need your friendship on a daily basis. Now excuse me while I go find me a tissue:) I hate it when that happens:(

phoots
July 10th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Oh, no! I do need a tissue as well!! Ms Daisy, I love your posts because they make me laugh. But today, it made me cry....BUT A GOOD CRY!!!!

Daisy, dear, I love you and your hubby as well!! Take care!!

Pam in Vegas

Poppytree
July 10th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Thank you for sharing your open letter Daisy. I'm new here and don't know what has been going on in your life but I can see from some of the posts I've read how supportive and kind people are on here. Its a great forum and a source of hope, joy and inspiration for us all.

Granny Judy
July 10th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Allison, you & DH are always in my prayers. The courage and sharing you've done with all of us has affected so many other's outlook on life. I'll always be cheering for you as you travel the road you are on. Know that there are alot of peeps cheering and supporting you along the way. (snifs and blows)

I was so glad to be a part of That Quilt.. tho I contributed so little, It gave back to me 100% Joy.

bkthomas
September 15th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Wow! Look what I just found that I had missed while I was not here(remember, thought I was going to move?)!!!!
The Crazy Daisy charm pack - perfect! Thank You for sharing this with us Daisy( I know your name is Allison, but I just love to call you Daisy!)

Sandy Navas
September 15th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Wow! Look what I just found that I had missed while I was not here(remember, thought I was going to move?)!!!!
The Crazy Daisy charm pack - perfect! Thank You for sharing this with us Daisy( I know your name is Allison, but I just love to call you Daisy!)

Kathy, she doesn't go by her real name any longer. She has dyed her hair, trimmed her nails, started wearing skimpy clothes, and prefers to be called Daisy . . . (I promised I would not share her new profession, but it has something to do with unusual health practices . . . )

bkthomas
September 15th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Kathy, she doesn't go by her real name any longer. She has dyed her hair, trimmed her nails, started wearing skimpy clothes, and prefers to be called Daisy . . . (I promised I would not share her new profession, but it has something to do with unusual health practices . . . )

I promise, On My Honor to never tell!!!

janluna
September 15th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Alison, You and Mr. D are such beloved members of this forum. Sandy and Jean, you both are too. I have been on the receiving end of the love that comes from this group of people. You all have been so kind to, not only my very ill granddaughter, but to her sisters, her parents and to my husband and myself. Believe me when I tell you the Doans know how we all feel about them. They have blessed each and everyone of us several times over by giving us this forum. And everyone on this forum feels the blessings. If they don't, they have no heart, or soul. And wouldn't be able to stay here, because the White Light of Love and the Blessings, would light up their darkness, forcing them to move on. I don't know what I would do without all of you.
Thank you all for the Love and Prayers. Thank you Alison, for being part of this miracle. Gina, Ruby, Sandy, Cathy, Trish, Shauna, and so many more have become such special Blessings to me. Thank you.
God Bless you and Stewart, Alison. My DH and I pray for your Healing everyday. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

Divine Daisy
September 15th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Dammit Sandy! Everything I whisper to you, you spout out! Sheeeeeeeeeesh!

mommadeb
September 15th, 2012, 09:23 PM
I agree with all of the above. This is a great place for info, chatting, venting, frustration, problems and great friends! Thanks MSQC!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 15th, 2012, 09:29 PM
What a wonderful group of friends we've found here! WE share our joys and sorrows, ask for prayers for ourselves and our loved ones who are ill or in trouble. We open our wounded or joyful hearts, and we are well recieved, well respected and open hearted to each other. You are like my extended family, and now my kids are getting used to me talking about my "quilt forum friends". Jan, I wasn't around when your granddaughter's crisis began, nor was I around when Mr. Daisy was diagnosed or Ms. Daisy was going through her treatments. But I'm glad I found you all!

Now, tell me one thing. How do you find old posts like this one, since they wipe them off the charts after a week or so? I guess I don't understand this forum's inner workings enough to figure that one out.

Madeforyouinma11
September 16th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Ohhhh, thank you for sharing such a wonderful letter. It's so great being a part of something so big like this forum. You are a very special person and mean a lot to everyone of us here in the group.
I'm a firm believer of you get what you need when you need it and for me, this forum came at the perfect time in my life and it has proven to continue giving to those that are in need every minute of every day.
Enjoy that fabric and make something that only our CraZy Ms Daisy would make! :)

Donna F
September 16th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Awww I think yall are all special and I don't mean licking the window special either! All of you have made a difference in my life. Mrs. Daisy, you & Mr. D mean A LOT to folks here and always know you have friends all over the world. Sandy & Jean are just dolls and they can't help themselves being the sweethearts they were made that way. I am so glad we are all together, far apart, to comfort each other.

Sharon G
September 16th, 2012, 01:35 AM
What a wonderful group of friends we've found here! WE share our joys and sorrows, ask for prayers for ourselves and our loved ones who are ill or in trouble. We open our wounded or joyful hearts, and we are well recieved, well respected and open hearted to each other. You are like my extended family, and now my kids are getting used to me talking about my "quilt forum friends". Jan, I wasn't around when your granddaughter's crisis began, nor was I around when Mr. Daisy was diagnosed or Ms. Daisy was going through her treatments. But I'm glad I found you all!

Now, tell me one thing. How do you find old posts like this one, since they wipe them off the charts after a week or so? I guess I don't understand this forum's inner workings enough to figure that one out.

Jean, you can subscribe to this thread so that when someone posts a new message to it you will see it.

At the top of the thread click on Thread Tools then Subscribe to this thread.
You can then chose to receive notification by email whenever someone posts. Voila!
Hope this helps my friend. :D

pcbatiks
September 16th, 2012, 01:53 AM

Hi Jean, To find older post you an also click of advanced search at the top right. From there you can search by members name, keywords, dates etc......

auntiemern
September 16th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Wow!!! After the day I have had, this was the perfect ending to a very sad day for me. My Dear Daisy, you are such an integral part of this place. The place so many of have been blessed to find. Jean and Sandy truly are, amazing friends, who go above and beyond, in their generous spirit. But that can be said for so many of the amazing ladies on here. I truly believe I was lead to this wonderful place, to help me achieve a peace and purpose that I was struggling with. I have been so blessed by the generosity, and love that overflows in this wonderful place, that we just call 'the forum'. Thank you Daisy for saying, what so many of us cannot find the words for. (((Daisy))) (((Mr. Daisy)))

aliaslaceygreen
September 16th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Absolutely! Heartwarming, Ms Daisy... I got here too late to participate in this quilt but I feel that you and Mr Daisy are special to me too.... always the best, hugs to you both.... And to quilters! Aren't we a great bunch overall!!! Hugs to EVERYONE!